2020 Update FAQ

drake2014

Good afternoon cruisers! Drake here, I'm still alive and happily living on St. Croix. 

I am still happy to answer any questions that anyone may have about visiting my home but I did want to say a few things off the bat.

1. Everyone always wants to know how much the taxi will cost. I will no longer be answering these questions. I will let you all in on a secret, there's a website that lists what you should expect to pay! Please go look at: https://visitstcroix.com/taxi.html for all the info you need. Quick hint for you; look at the right-hand column and find your destination, most of the common ones are listed. "Diamond/St. George's" is Cruzan Rum, "St. Croix Renaissance Park" is Captain Morgan. "Carambola" is Cane Bay.
  2. Most island businesses don't check their email that often. PLEASE call them when you need to book something or get info. They will be happy to talk to you! Honest!

I look forward to answering anything else you need to know!

Cheers.

Edited by drake2014

• 6 months later...

Drake, 

First off, thank you so much for being our virtual tour guide. 

We plan to cruise in November and have our fingers crossed that it will happen. I really want to put my toes in the sand for a few hours and this is our first stop. My mom uses a scooter so we would like to walk to a beach from the pier since it is such a hassle to get accessible rides anywhere. Can you suggest a beach within walking distance from the pier. It can be public or a resort that has day passes. I just had foot surgery so anything over a mile might be too much. 

Once again, your service is greatly appreciated here🥰

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/19/2020 at 5:21 PM, drake2014 said:

Good afternoon cruisers! Drake here, I'm still alive and happily living on St. Croix. 

I am still happy to answer any questions that anyone may have about visiting my home but I did want to say a few things off the bat.

1. Everyone always wants to know how much the taxi will cost. I will no longer be answering these questions. I will let you all in on a secret, there's a website that lists what you should expect to pay! Please go look at: https://visitstcroix.com/taxi.html for all the info you need. Quick hint for you; look at the right-hand column and find your destination, most of the common ones are listed. "Diamond/St. George's" is Cruzan Rum, "St. Croix Renaissance Park" is Captain Morgan. "Carambola" is Cane Bay.
  2. Most island businesses don't check their email that often. PLEASE call them when you need to book something or get info. They will be happy to talk to you! Honest!

I look forward to answering anything else you need to know!

Cheers.

I really appreciate you taking time out of YOUR life to answer our (sometimes stupid) questions !! 
Our ship (Enchantment OTS) is hopefully stopping in on February 9th🙏🏻- have ANY large cruise ships been allowed to dock recently? 
Enchantment was supposed to be there January 12th, but instead had an extra day at sea ( not the best thing after already having 3 straight days at sea) 

We will all be ready for some sand, surf and adult beverages 🌞🍹