Mahogany Bay - magical flying chairs!

ABQrobin

We just got back this past weekend from cruise on the Carnival Conquest.  At Roatan, my DH went diving and I just hung out at port.  One thing I did was finally ride the Flying Chairs!

It was actually much more fun than I thought, really beautiful views and smooth ride.  Unfortunately it was windy that day.  

my video:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Great video Robin. I always said if I make it back there I would ride them instead of walking. Looks like a beautiful and peaceful ride with great views along the way.

Wait...you didn't go diving with the DH?!? Say what?

Nope, no diving for me anymore.  Health issues.  

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

Oh I'm so sorry Robin.

Its okay, I have been cutting way back in past few years knowing that I would eventually be stopping.  Its hardest on Ron as he no longer has a buddy, and we have been diving together since we both got certified back 20 yrs ago.  We have 500+ dives together and so now he has to dive with strangers and its totally different.  We always made a great buddy team.  So he is still diving for now... just without me.  He took my GoPro underwater on his dives, shot stills with his TG-5 and video with GoPro5, so I will have some underwater video to edit.  

Hope your health is better, too.  Take care of yourself.  

On 2/20/2020 at 10:43 AM, ABQrobin said:

Its okay, I have been cutting way back in past few years knowing that I would eventually be stopping.  Its hardest on Ron as he no longer has a buddy, and we have been diving together since we both got certified back 20 yrs ago.  We have 500+ dives together and so now he has to dive with strangers and its totally different.  We always made a great buddy team.  So he is still diving for now... just without me.  He took my GoPro underwater on his dives, shot stills with his TG-5 and video with GoPro5, so I will have some underwater video to edit.  

Hope your health is better, too.  Take care of yourself.  

Aww, I'm so sad Robin. :(  Yea, I can't imagine diving together that long and not have your diving buddy with you anymore. I'm glad you will still get to participate in the editing of the videos. I'm looking forward to them! You have always been such a great help to us with our diving. At least you will still be able to contribute to us novice wanna be divers (and others of course). lol 

I'm improving day by day and grateful to be out of my wheelchair now and I was so excited when I was able to dive in December on our cruise. I really didn't think I would be able to after my injury but it was the best day ever. I would have been so sad if it didn't work out. I'm planning my next dive in St Thomas coming up and just trying to decide where to go and who to dive with.

Take care Robin and I'll see you around on the boards and hopefully with more video's from you Ron and yourself.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 3:45 PM, Comi.uy said:

Are these right next to the cruise port? I couldnt find them in google maps to mark them. Whats the price?

Not as much next to the port as much as part if the Mahogany Bay Cruise Port Complex. The chairs and a path are from the shopping area to the beach.  There is a map on the web site mentioned above.