Pinnacle Gala Dining Experience

Cruising-along

This special dinner is now available on my cruise too. The cost is outrageous, especially since my wife doesn't drink.

Whats more, I noticed that it means that the regular Pinnacle Grill is not available for another night. First Rudi's now this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

This was just posted on Facebook, she was given the menu for this dinner. Sorry for the double post!88228366_10206780533069531_503122424787632128_n.thumb.jpg.7a102cefb0ec8b22b073feebe7a63d03.jpg 

88228366_10206780533069531_503122424787632128_n.jpg

Thanks for posting the menu.  I hadn’t seen it on FB yet.

I don’t mind to spend the money but that doesn’t sound overwhelming to me.  I can get caviar in the PG.  

I know food is subjective but the old Chef’s Table was much more appealing IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom O. said:

This special dinner is now available on my cruise too. The cost is outrageous, especially since my wife doesn't drink.

Whats more, I noticed that it means that the regular Pinnacle Grill is not available for another night. First Rudi's now this.

Rudi’s Sel de Mer is a lovely option.  Nothing wrong with that.  

Give it a try.

Based on the ones I’ve been to, I far prefer it to the Pinnacle Grill.  YMMV.

4 hours ago, tunafish said:

I do not see anything on the menu worthy $120 either. would like to see at least an oz of caviar for this price, but anyting "with" caviar is usually 10 eggs or so. Also... all the ingredients from the typical PG menu. beef, halibut, lobster

Ten eggs are ten too many.  I simply don't care for caviar so they can keep that course.

Nor do I care for squash.  

It would be the third course before I even lifted a fork.

BTW, I'm not enthused over cucumber ice either.

3 hours ago, Tom O. said:

This is what I took away from the announcement. I was strongly considering PG in place of MDR on Gala night, to use up some OBC.

We're pledging to keep up our low-carb diet, and we are at best lukewarm about seafood/shellfish. So none of the special dinners ever apply to us, even as our taste in wine becomes slightly more sophisticated.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I'd love this menu and experience were it not on a gala night, when the menu in the MDR tends to be elevated and feature many of our favorites.  I suspect HAL has had trouble filling the PG on gala nights (for exactly this reason) so they're trying to make it more tempting.  But I suspect the price point and/or the not-so-amazing menu are not going to do the job.

On 2/26/2020 at 3:32 PM, Cruising-along said:

I wondered the same.  Didn't someone recently post that they got the Cellar Dinner minus the wine? 

I don't drink so I have been able to do that--sometimes!  On some ships the powers that be will permit it.  On others, no.  There is apparently no official policy.  In my experience it's been at the whim of the individual chief sommelier.

Disclaimer:  Don't mean that I'm actually teetotal, like a religious mandate or something.  Just that I have little tolerance for alcohol.  My limit (which I enjoy) is about half glass of wine with dinner.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

I don't drink so I have been able to do that--sometimes!  On some ships the powers that be will permit it.  On others, no.  There is apparently no official policy.  In my experience it's been at the whim of the individual chief sommelier.

Disclaimer:  Don't mean that I'm actually teetotal, like a religious mandate or something.  Just that I have little tolerance for alcohol.  My limit (which I enjoy) is about half glass of wine with dinner.

This thread is a year old now, and started before cruises came to a stop.  Needless to say, the Gala Pinnacle dinner I was asking about never happened because our cruise was cancelled. 😩  It will be interesting to see what will be offered when cruises ever start up again.  This idea may be gone with the wind LOL. 

• Like 2

Have done Rudy’s twice!   Was not impressed at all!   The worse of the two was when Rudy was onboard!   Only reason we went twice is because the second was comped because the first was so bad!   I don’t think I would do this one either!   So much other good food to be found on the ship!

On 2/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Ten eggs are ten too many.  I simply don't care for caviar so they can keep that course.

Nor do I care for squash.  

It would be the third course before I even lifted a fork.

BTW, I'm not enthused over cucumber ice either.

The creamsicle sounds good though.