Coronavirus

20 minutes ago, kevinyork said:

You can cancel excursions booked via their website up to 24hrs before. Just log in and find the booked trip and click Cancel.

i cancelled ours for 16th April on Friday as it was looking impossible for it to go ahead and I wanted to ensure I got the money back in case they collapsed. Monies hit my account yesterday.

Thanks, I didn't realise that. I've just cancelled all of mine.

For information, when Celebrity cancelled a cruise I was due to go on they also handled the cancelling and refunding of all excursions booked. I would assume Marella would do the same.

But then again you know what "assume" does .......

13 minutes ago, howmuch! said:

Thats interesting, as according to captain, we were denied docking in Gibraltar Saturday.

It certainly wasn't closed, P&O's Oceana was denied docking at Malaga on Friday and went straight to Gibraltar on Saturday. According to a passenger they were free to leave the ship but not allowed to cross into Spain.

Edited by FuzzyDuckUK

Just received emails from Cunard and P&O stating they are suspending operations until April 11th.

Both emails linked to videos from the CEOs of the companies. Both companies are also offering future cruise credit of 125% if you have a cruise booked with then at this time (not sure if you get a refund as well).

Come on Marella what are you doing, be more transparent and personal and don't leave it to announcements on the news.

20 hours ago, kevinyork said:

It’s pretty underhand by Tui.  The FCO advice is there to protect the most vulnerable.  I’m pretty disgusted they have now removed it.

I was told in TUI shop on Saturday that when balance of our Explorer 2 becomes due 11.4.20 if I want to cancel I will lose the deposit but, I can pay £50 per person and the deposit can be used for a future cruise, or I can pay the balance and wait for TUI to make a decision whether the cruise will be going ahead on 4.7.20.  I said but people are not finding out till they are going to the airport that their cruise has been cancelled.  That is not true she said.  Both P & O and CMV have been very helpful with rebooking for 2021.  We are both over 70.

Gill

20 hours ago, kevinyork said:

It’s pretty underhand by Tui.  The FCO advice is there to protect the most vulnerable.  I’m pretty disgusted they have now removed it.

it should not matter that they have removed any mention of refunds for over 70s or those with appropriate conditions that make it not safe to travel under FCO advice.

If the FCO advise is still not to travel you should get a full refund.

For cruises some way out they can probably wait to nearer the time before you can cancel as the advice may change.

1 hour ago, skioncruises said:

Got email on Friday asking for final balance by 28 March for 20 June not so sure that will be happening.  So sad for all.

It's probably a computer generated email triggered by the dates. I'd say call but you probably won't get through and they wouldn't know what to say if you did get through.

Hi Pensioncruiser and VW Golf

Will play the waiting game for the moment and try for an extension for two weeks.

We are waiting it out at the moment for their contact re cruise on 17 April.  It looks like they're doing the refunds in 2 week batches and have said that after 28 March the April cruises will be dealt with.

It must be absolute chaos because they will be pushing the bookings out for them to deal with then the online ones will come direct from Marella.  It will also be complicated because they will be furiously trying to sell future cruises as opposed to refunding.  Won't hassle them yet.

Will just watch the garden coming into bloom and chase the cats from the baby birds.  We usually miss it because we are away at this time of year.

Keep well. 

1 hour ago, skioncruises said:

Got email on Friday asking for final balance by 28 March for 20 June not so sure that will be happening.  So sad for all.

Yes, we got this a few weeks ago for our cruise in May and I decided to pay the balance and hold on. 

The reasons for that are :-

If you don't pay the balance Tui will treat it as a cancellation and keep your deposit. 

If you pay it and Tui go out of business before your cruise then ATOL will cover it, provided Tui sent you an ATOL certificate at the time of booking.  It should be attached to your confirmation email.

If/When your cruise is cancelled by Tui you should get a full refund.  

If this blows over before May we may still be able to cruise.  To say this looks ever more unlikely is a huge understatement.

I don't expect to hear from Tui until the week before I'm due to cruise so it's just a waiting game.  I have cancelled the excursions I booked direct with them and expect a refund for them within a couple of days.  I have already accepted that the 199 euros I paid for Monaco GP practice tickets is probably gone, but you never know.

Good luck.

Edited by rkingphoto

Hi rkingphoto

Like you, we are holding off for all the reasons you state.  We could also use the 70s statement which has been taken down from their site but will wait for them to get in touch  As I said, it must be absolute chaos for them and we can wait.

Just noticed your bit about Monaco.  That would upset me more than having to cancel a cruise.  No insurance cover for it?

Edited by skioncruises
Monaco

18 minutes ago, skioncruises said:

Hi rkingphoto

Like you, we are holding off for all the reasons you state.  We could also use the 70s statement which has been taken down from their site but will wait for them to get in touch  As I said, it must be absolute chaos for them and we can wait.

Just noticed your bit about Monaco.  That would upset me more than having to cancel a cruise.  No insurance cover for it?

Maybe, I'm more concerned about the £3k that Marella have at the moment.  It's still possible the GP will be cancelled so might get a refund anyway.   Just another case of waiting patiently.

Latest update on Marella cruise site on Tui pages, states cancellation only on cruises up to 28th March.

I contacted my (on line) TA this morning just to check my refund is going to happen. Her reply was

‘to be honest, all refunds are taking up to 10 weeks now as due to the number of customers we are having to cancel

please just bear with us we are at the moment dealing with people stuck in other countries to get them back and informing on cancellations going in the next few days .’
So there it is, it will understandably take a while but it’s a relief to I will get it eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

7 minutes ago, rkingphoto said:

Maybe, I'm more concerned about the £3k that Marella have at the moment.  It's still possible the GP will be cancelled so might get a refund anyway.   Just another case of waiting patiently.

Hi again rkingphoto

Hope they can refund everybody who wants one, that's the niggle I have.

Looked at your photo after I had replied and suddenly thoiught - you could go Munro bagging if you can't get to Monaco.  At least our esteemed leader?? says that we are not going to isolate for 4 months so you would have plenty of time to do some.  

58 minutes ago, skioncruises said:

Will play the waiting game for the moment and try for an extension for two weeks.

I did receive the two weeks extension a few weeks ago but that still only brings the cancellation date down to the 70 days. I have called them today and got through straight away which was unexpected, they informed me they would look into our details and call back with an answer. Not really expecting a reply. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Daftlad said:

I can only imagine the stress being felt by the Tui call staff during this crisis. I'm not chasing any refunds yet because I don't know if mine is to be cancelled. 

Same. I'm assuming it will be (due to depart Jamaica 7th April) but I'm just going to wait for the time being and let them clear the backlog. Some communication would be nice, though...

8 minutes ago, Daftlad said:

I can only imagine the stress being felt by the Tui call staff during this crisis. I'm not chasing any refunds yet because I don't know if mine is to be cancelled. 

Same. I'm assuming it will be (due to depart Jamaica 7th April) but I'm just going to wait for the time being and let them clear the backlog. Some communication would be nice, though...

Oops... sorry, double posting!

Edited by vwgolf