Coronavirus

2 hours ago, helengp said:

So if you have a cruise booked before 30 June but can’t reschedule and don’t want another holiday, will you get a refund? Are they cancelling holidays or not?

Good points helen.Is it there roundabout way of saying ,we  dont think there will be any sailings before the 30th

We,re due to go 9 weeks yesterday.Obviously have paid our balance and would still love to go,(glass half full but emptying by the minute) but it has to be unlikely under the circumstances

22 minutes ago, kevinyork said:

Simon Calder today on Radio 4 said if you had paid a deposit on a package then If final balance is due then to pay it. If they cancel at any point you get it all back.  If you don’t pay your final balance you loose your deposit even if it’s highly likely they will cancel eventually.  

Yes, I know that because we are waiting for £3,500 for our April cruise to be refunded. 

Regarding the June cruise for which they have given an extension to pay final balance is fine but we prefer to lose the £400 deposit as opposed to giving them just under another £5,000 to sit for 3 months in their coffers.  It's almost a foregone conclusion that nothing will be moving before the end of June at the earliest.

We cancelled on Monday due to our age for cruise on 10th April before all cruises were cancelled and money was refunded today along with refund for excursions - very impressed We were offered the choice of booking another cruise or holiday with an extra £400pp off the price Unfirtunately we have a cruise booked for 23rd June, 12th Sept and April next year so as we didn't want to cruise July/August we declined and we couldn't work out dates for Nov/Dec although we might book something if other arrangements allow.

We were told not to worry about June cos if it's cancelled we would get our money back so will be paying balance end of this month

12 hours ago, kevinyork said:

I’m guessing as they have no guests onboard they are waiting to see where to go next. India and the UAE are closed to them so their route back to the Med might be troublesome. 

Celebration just of the I.O.W. due to dock So,ton  1600  then anchor at the Nab Tower.

2 minutes ago, dronnygirl said:

So many ships coming into Southampton with the P&O and Cunard ships and perhaps more Marella ships, does anyone have any idea what will happen to all the crew?. Must be a very trying time for them all.

Normally on the perfect day you will get the change over two to three coach,s down from Heathrow with new crew, and the old crew having the change over, the little things people don,t see, have read that some crew will be kept on board for maintenance and up keep of vessel must be hard for every one and there families.

1 hour ago, so,ton saint said:

Celebration just of the I.O.W. due to dock So,ton  1600  then anchor at the Nab Tower.

The Nab is close to the Portsmouth to France and Spain ferry routes. I bet it gets a bit congested at times 😷

4 minutes ago, MrSilversurf said:

The Nab is close to the Portsmouth to France and Spain ferry routes. I bet it gets a bit congested at times 😷

Yep there is a lot we don,t see or hear about a month ago Oceana had to go into Torbay to pick up a So,ton pilot because of bad weather in the solent stay on board over night  and bring her home the the next morning.

1 hour ago, so,ton saint said:

Yep there is a lot we don,t see or hear about a month ago Oceana had to go into Torbay to pick up a So,ton pilot because of bad weather in the solent stay on board over night  and bring her home the the next morning.

Yep, the Solent looks like a save haven but 22 years ago, a Polish freighter ran there for shelter, it's cargo of cement powder shifted and she was a total loss. One month later, in perfect weather, I struck a piece of this ship (in perfect weather) and sank my GK29. I owned a half share with brother, unfortunately the air-sea helicopter had a camera crew onboard and he saw it on The News, before I  was able to phone him 🙄

2 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi go into  (SHIP) and type cruise mapper, position and time of docking go to VTS  ABP cruise schedule southampton. should help.

Sorry if I'm being thick but what website are you using for this?

7 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Sorry if I'm being thick but what website are you using for this?

If you enter cruisemapper.com into Google. I use another app called marinetraffic.com but in future I'll take so'ton saint's advise and change to cruisemapper. It seems a bit easier to use.

2 minutes ago, MrSilversurf said:

If you enter cruisemapper.com into Google. I use another app called marinetraffic.com but in future I'll take so'ton saint's advise and change to cruisemapper. It seems a bit easier to use.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Just received a letter from Tui, dated 12th, re our cruise on the 6th June, informing me that due to an administration error the call at Vik l Sogan wasn't highlighted as a tender port. Unbelievable 🙄

Yep, I got the admin error email for the EX2 cruise for 1st August. Something tells me they want us to pay the balance on 6th May and it's 'business as usual'. 😆

I have 3 cruises booked for 1st May for 2 weeks (retirement) Explore  cruise and another week from the 9th June on the Dream and one more in July for my big birthday again on the Dream. and  I'm fairly certain we are not going on any off them being very practical and seeing what else is going on in Europe at this moment in time.

Just waiting till 1 week before each one is meant to sail that we are  meant to be cruising and getting an Email from Marella (tui) to either re-book or cancel and getting a full refund.

At this moment in time me and my immediate family are all safe and well and hopefully look back and say well I/we lived through the great Virus..Cruising is not on my priority list.

RR

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rebel Rouser said:

I have 3 cruises booked for 1st May for 2 weeks (retirement) Explore  cruise and another week from the 9th June on the Dream and one more in July for my big birthday again on the Dream. and  I'm fairly certain we are not going on any off them being very practical and seeing what else is going on in Europe at this moment in time.

Just waiting till 1 week before each one is meant to sail that we are  meant to be cruising and getting an Email from Marella (tui) to either re-book or cancel and getting a full refund.

At this moment in time me and my immediate family are all safe and well and hopefully look back and say well I/we lived through the great Virus..Cruising is not on my priority list.

RR

We feel just the same, there is always another year to cruise .

I've just received an email from TUI saying my cruise is cancelled (which I knew) and they'd like to offer me all sorts of options and discounts to rebook another one. I don't want that, I want my money back but that's not mentioned on the email. I suppose I've now got to spend hours on the phone to talk to an advisor to say what I want.

Some news just out.

"In view of the continued global spread of COVID-19 and after ongoing discussions with the FIA and the three promoters, it has today been confirmed that the Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix 2020, Formula 1 Gran Premio De España 2020 and Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2020 will be postponed."

5 hours ago, Rebel Rouser said:

RR

My retirement cruise is supposed to be with Celebrity in April but not going to happen (Hawaii/Vancouver).

Only started cruising in October with Marella and somehow manged to fit in another three Marella cruises since then. Not sure why we had a sudden urge to do this but it is looking very fortunate now. Maybe I should do the lottery!

Whether we will ever do another cruise is going to depend - how soon will we all forget?