Coronavirus

18 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Some news just out.

"In view of the continued global spread of COVID-19 and after ongoing discussions with the FIA and the three promoters, it has today been confirmed that the Formula 1 Heineken Dutch Grand Prix 2020, Formula 1 Gran Premio De España 2020 and Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2020 will be postponed."

yhiygGKuo4v7mFL04-IpoZDSBrNuK4tlGy2SqH_Zk5sQtlB_VXrwlBToV4CGquZaoRMjYr6IRf9EmPg-m2mDpZELg5JiBIMG4NCf1sZXXMEyhIkkA7PZR4oHBuxkTMcPSCW3rvT0TUuwPL5W5VvmkSBqNqFoj6IMx4YHft9wpYHyL_LjEmpbzhgEyCItU2_DEJHZcW0iYxLv25Tpbv1stRHFxl2HJoEhdvUUgZfKiRtcqOTQQMeSwOa01gcsymtQAGEUtZfUAtLkctkOocyEW9lUx4mP1rbnIYz2StsvRodOk97Ib_GkybOpmAy-mwucfD3_SPyF4SHA_-C-NZrtGpzyB7LCjIHeyAjnKTFJtnbuyacz5w68jJgWUsNVBCViHezKtEERx_NiPpPtpTE6IWkX4ajol9JXB0K1mUkJuxrGDT707Ds__vsRLlzhodmboyLkt8PoDettASHIhfeUwOzw7Y8ljIObjA4JyXcPEVLyrckyVVkKT0kFQ2NmdEUZGjIJU4IjES3MQxNn-7aWLBUy0HD08fiyumgq3m9lrurpA02l-WcQzCMGuzW1mDE1p6nmmE7-J7H_o9CyyjGVVuSFZIePWBROOA6cNFJmrBTdzCLkvSdwrXXZFydLopBxfmL7DwMn6UGGuB4MbSfO0jIETx4WaAgRlqBkqMp21utpdZQbZPL6XV3YgGmE=w1071-h803-no

1 minute ago, MX-Drew said:

The tickets may be worth money in years to come as it is the first time it has been cancelled since 1954 (I think I rember the year correctly).

Now it's been cancelled I'll probably get a refund anyway.  And since the £ has tanked I'll probably get more back than I paid for them.

I'd still rather have gone, although without a cruise ship to get me there it wasn't happening anyway.

14 minutes ago, rkingphoto said:

Now it's been cancelled I'll probably get a refund anyway.  And since the £ has tanked I'll probably get more back than I paid for them.

I'd still rather have gone, although without a cruise ship to get me there it wasn't happening anyway.

I agree, I would always have liked to have gone. I have managed to walk around the course several years back but would have loved to seen a race there. Mind you it is still possible as I'm not dead .......... yet.

Still keep the tickets, the one that got away.

Edited by MX-Drew

18 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I agree, I would always have liked to have gone. I have managed to walk around the course several years back but would have loved to seen a race there. Mind you it is still possible as I'm not dead .......... yet.

Still keep the tickets, the one that got away.

I've still got my ticket for a cancelled Foo Fighters Wembley stadium show!

Just got off from the phone - refund is on its way! It only took 13 minutes to get through which wasn't too bad, considering. I shall probably be booking another cruise with Marella at some time but I feel happier with the money in my account rather then there's.

As said previously we are due to fly to Tenerife for crossing to Corfu on 17 April.  Still no refund and they are still selling the cruise!

We have paid £3507.66.  For the same cruise including selecting cabin, seats and additional baggage £2790.  Bargain?

My daughter is a front line nurse attached to A&E and has just returned to work last night after 2 weeks leave.  I have just received the phone call with all the warning she could possibly give me.

What are Marella playing at?

I have have a friend who works in ultrasound as a manager who told me last night that it's like a war zone and she isn't someone who would say that lightly.  Considering the terrible situation all over the world but especially in Italy and Spain right now I'd say there is almost zero chance your cruise will go ahead.  

Tui say you can move to a later date if you have a holiday booked up to 30th June, personally I'd sit tight and wait for the inevitable cancellation, if not you can still move it.  Do not cancel yourself or you will lose most of your money.

I'm waiting for them to contact me about my refund/options now, no point hassling them when they must be very busy, did have text saying they'd be in touch.

Edited by jono75
fix

29 minutes ago, skioncruises said:

As said previously we are due to fly to Tenerife for crossing to Corfu on 17 April.  Still no refund and they are still selling the cruise!

Yes they are giving the cut off date as the 16 April😳 They will have to sort things out but it must be very difficult as its changing daily. We have till next Saturday to make a decision as do a lot of others. 🤔

We have to pay our balance for Dream 23rd June by 1st April but I'm sure it will be cancelled so paying it by debit card cos it's a pain when it goes back on our TUI credit card to get it back in our bank - up to 28 days even though TUI have sent it to them

3 hours ago, jono75 said:

I have have a friend who works in ultrasound as a manager who told me last night that it's like a war zone and she isn't someone who would say that lightly.  Considering the terrible situation all over the world but especially in Italy and Spain right now I'd say there is almost zero chance your cruise will go ahead.  

Tui say you can move to a later date if you have a holiday booked up to 30th June, personally I'd sit tight and wait for the inevitable cancellation, if not you can still move it.  Do not cancel yourself or you will lose most of your money.

I'm waiting for them to contact me about my refund/options now, no point hassling them when they must be very busy, did have text saying they'd be in touch.

Hi jono75

My daughter said similar about being like a war zone.  Since the start shw has not had a face mask as they don't fit her and she has to attend to the patients fully covered from head to toe! So much for plenty protection for the emergency services.

I have no intention of moving any bookings to alternative dates.  I will wait until next week when, hopefully, I will hear that a refund is forthcming.  It must be chaos trying to refund/change bookings etc in their admin department and I feel sorry for them because they are the same as us worrying about the situation.

3 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Yes they are giving the cut off date as the 16 April😳 They will have to sort things out but it must be very difficult as its changing daily. We have till next Saturday to make a decision as do a lot of others. 🤔

Hi Pensioncruiser

Our alleged sailing date is 17 April. ha ha.   I will, hopefully, hear from them next weekend and I will definitely not be accepting anything other thsn a refund.

I know I said in an earlier post - we are due to sail on 20 June and the deposit is to be paid on 28 March.  However, I was given an extension to 16 April.  Once I hear about the 17 April cruise and know a refund is on the way I will definitely cancel the June cruise and lose the deposit.

3 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

We have to pay our balance for Dream 23rd June by 1st April but I'm sure it will be cancelled so paying it by debit card cos it's a pain when it goes back on our TUI credit card to get it back in our bank - up to 28 days even though TUI have sent it to them

Hi Vitalsign

The balance of our 20 June cruise has been extended until 16 April but I will wait until after the original payment date of 28 March and then cancel.  Losing the deposit is better than hanging on wondering when cruises will return.  

As long as other countries are still in lockdown and refusing ships there is no way we are cruising soon.  After 31 years of cruising with nearly all being with Thomson/Tui/Marella and goodness how many actual cruises we might find that cruising is no longer for us or we may try another company before dropping anchor and staying at home.    

Edited by skioncruises

You do not have to transfer to another cruise.  The offer to change/amend a booking free of charge, if travelling before end of June, is open to ANY holiday.  We have just transferred our 6.6.20 deposit to a week in Spain next year. A holiday we would likely take anyway to a hotel we know and like.

4 hours ago, skioncruises said:

Hi jono75

My daughter said similar about being like a war zone.  Since the start shw has not had a face mask as they don't fit her and she has to attend to the patients fully covered from head to toe! So much for plenty protection for the emergency services.

I have no intention of moving any bookings to alternative dates.  I will wait until next week when, hopefully, I will hear that a refund is forthcming.  It must be chaos trying to refund/change bookings etc in their admin department and I feel sorry for them because they are the same as us worrying about the situation.

Similar.

Son is also front line in the NHS and war zone where he works as well.They dont even have face masks never mind ones that dont fit.Sons close colleague sent home after showing signs of Covid19,was my son tested?No

I,m more worried/concerned for my son, our grandson(underlying issues)and daughter in law than I am for myself and Mrs Jim The Scot who are in our more mature years

Edited by Jim The Scot

1 hour ago, Jim The Scot said:

Similar.

Son is also front line in the NHS and war zone where he works as well.They dont even have face masks never mind ones that dont fit.Sons close colleague sent home after showing signs of Covid19,was my son tested?No

I,m more worried/concerned for my son, our grandson(underlying issues)and daughter in law than I am for myself and Mrs Jim The Scot who are in our more mature years

Hi Jim the Scot

Oh dear. Sorry to hear about your son's colleague.  Where is your son?  My daughter is Ninewells.

Like you, I am also concerned for the family rather than ourselves.

Keep well and obey Her Highness in Holyrood. 

I just read an article saying that the UK government is going to relax refund rules for the travel industry where you will be given a voucher instead of a refund if your holiday is cancelled.  The voucher will be valid for 2 years after which you can get a refund.  The voucher will be protected by ATOL.

2 hours ago, skioncruises said:

Hi Jim the Scot

Oh dear. Sorry to hear about your son's colleague.  Where is your son?  My daughter is Ninewells.

Like you, I am also concerned for the family rather than ourselves.

Keep well and obey Her Highness in Holyrood. 

Hi S

Sons at the Victoria Hospital Kirkcaldy.Funnily enough my son had a wee stay in Ninewells as a patient a few years back

Thanks for your concern its reciprocated

Stay safe and 😂 regards obeying our Nicola

Saying that,for me Oor Nic  is a more open and honest on this terrible crisis than bungling Boris

Edited by Jim The Scot

10 hours ago, rkingphoto said:

I just read an article saying that the UK government is going to relax refund rules for the travel industry where you will be given a voucher instead of a refund if your holiday is cancelled.  The voucher will be valid for 2 years after which you can get a refund.  The voucher will be protected by ATOL.

That is an interesting one, I like the idea that it will support the industry and the money is protected but will they also transfer any extra benefits you many have (may not apply to Marella sailings) and pre-book airplane seats etc. 

Also Marella is not my first choice cruise line so I would prefer a refund but don't want to wait two years for it.

Another point is there will be no incentive to offer extra to stay booked with a company so overall this is in favour of the companies.

Mind you this is reported by a reporter who only 3 weeks ago said it was a great time to book a cheap holiday in Venice!!!!!!

11 hours ago, rkingphoto said:

Also in this article lies the answer to why Marella won't do anything until 2 weeks before sail / departure date.

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Also in this article lies the answer to why Marella won't do anything until 2 weeks before sail / departure date.

Just received email from Tui, may be of use

ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcontentz.mkt8843.com%2Fra%2F2020%2F20862%2F03%2F8987886%2Fspacer.gif&d=2020-03-23T12%3A19%3A52.278Z
ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcontentz.mkt8843.com%2Fra%2F2020%2F20862%2F03%2F8987886%2Fspacer.gif&d=2020-03-23T12%3A19%3A52.278Z
TUI Discover Your Smile
The health and safety of our retail colleagues and our customers is our highest priority.

In line with Government advice on social distancing we have closed our store doors to limit the amount of contact our retail advisors are exposed to. They are still working hard to help all our affected customers amend their bookings, as well as helping you find the perfect holiday.

You can reach your local Travel Advisor by telephone and can find the phone number for your local store here.

We’d like to thank you for your understanding and for keeping you and our staff safe. Our store doors will be open as soon as possible, until then our team looks forward to speaking to you.

Your TUI team
ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcontentz.mkt8843.com%2 ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcontentz.mkt8843.com%2Fra%2F2020%2F20862%2F03%2F8987886%2Fspacer.gif&d=2020-03-23T12%3A19%3A52.278Z
0203 636 1931

17 hours ago, rkingphoto said:

Interesting. I had an email several days ago from TUI saying my cruise is cancelled and my "refund should be processed within the next four weeks". I hope they don't use this article as an excuse to welch on their promise!