Santiago Airport Chile

grandmarossi

Can anyone tell me if there are trolleys available in the arrivals baggage claim area at the Santiago airport. I cannot find any information on their site.  We dont have enough arms or energy to wheel all our cases and hand luggage out of the baggage claim to our taxi (we dont travel light!).  Would appreciate hearing from anyone that knows.   Only 5 days to go before we set off for pre-cruise stay. So looking forward to this cruise Santiago - Southampton  and our second on the magnificent Queen Victoria. Our first was Rhio to Santiago but we didnot get time to do any touring there . Hope everyone already on board is having an amazing time . xx

8 hours ago, grandmarossi said:

Can anyone tell me if there are trolleys available in the arrivals baggage claim area at the Santiago airport. I cannot find any information on their site.  We dont have enough arms or energy to wheel all our cases and hand luggage out of the baggage claim to our taxi (we dont travel light!).  Would appreciate hearing from anyone that knows.   Only 5 days to go before we set off for pre-cruise stay. So looking forward to this cruise Santiago - Southampton  and our second on the magnificent Queen Victoria. Our first was Rhio to Santiago but we didnot get time to do any touring there . Hope everyone already on board is having an amazing time . xx

plenty of carts from memory, and quite a good duty free from memory, red label johnny walker 1l $25. .........

see you onboard.....roscoe

Yes we were there last month.  Luggage trolleys are free.  Plenty of them.  Just a warning in that you need to go through a baggage Xray on the way out of the baggage claim area.  Your bags will all need to be lifted from your trolley to the belt and then put back on the trolley on the other side.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vakamalua said:

Santiago Airport (just there) is under construction and can be a madhouse coming and going--leave plenty of time...and enjoy your trip.

oh great thanks for that, boarding a plnae for snatiago in a few hours! forewarned is forearmed....

On 2/24/2020 at 6:12 PM, vakamalua said:

Santiago Airport (just there) is under construction and can be a madhouse coming and going--leave plenty of time...and enjoy your trip.

oh great thanks for that, boarding a plnae for snatiago in a few hours! forewarned is forearmed....

just as a followup , came through the airport yesterday, although a lot of construction going on, the airport is well organised and lots of trolleys everywhere. Everyone got the virus check but all good...

Edited by roscoe39

11 hours ago, grandmarossi said:

Roscoe did we just see you in the bar at the Plaza San Francisco? 

if you are talking about the guy whop kept ordering the pisco sours....yes...im pretty sure i'll be back tonight....though a little more reticent those things are potent!!!  Say hi next time!

On 2/27/2020 at 6:56 AM, roscoe39 said:

just as a followup , came through the airport yesterday, although a lot of construction going on, the airport is well organised and lots of trolleys everywhere. Everyone got the virus check but all good...

What did the virus check entail?  We will be there Wednesday morning.

And whats a pisco sour? 😜

Edited by suzyed

On 2/29/2020 at 3:42 PM, suzyed said:

And whats a pisco sour? 😜

A Pisco Sour is like a whiskey sour but made with Pisco.  Pisco is a brandy produced in winemaking regions of Peru and Chile. Made by distilling fermented grape juice into a high-proof spirit, it was developed by 16th-century Spanish settlers; usually about 40 proof.

Serious stuff.  Try it in tropical-type cocktails if you like sweeter drinks...I had a great one on Easter Island.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vakamalua said:

A Pisco Sour is like a whiskey sour but made with Pisco.  Pisco is a brandy produced in winemaking regions of Peru and Chile. Made by distilling fermented grape juice into a high-proof spirit, it was developed by 16th-century Spanish settlers; usually about 40 proof.

Serious stuff.  Try it in tropical-type cocktails if you like sweeter drinks...I had a great one on Easter Island.

Wow!  That sounds yummy!  I will have to try one!