New travel recommendations from CDC

Gray Eagle02

Thanks, Jackie for the explanation(s)

Car keys are always in my handbag.  When I rent a car in California I will clean the keys as well as the surfaces/gear lever/window etc controls.  Promise!!

We never, ever sign for anything here...with one exception:  If Ken uses his US CC then he has to sign and the waiters stop dead in their tracks.  However this brings up the question of the keypad we have to use to OK the transaction...hard to do that with one's knuckle (recommended apparently for turning light switches etc...).   So hand sanitizer to the rescue toute de suite!

I just did something I hoped not to do - we are going to fly from SFO to SAN.  We discussed it last night and the idea of being in lots of touristy spots made us worry more than getting on a plane.  Too bad but we've been to all those places many times before.   We'll be in San Diego as a result on 10 March.  A week tomorrow!  Wow!

Travel safely...see you on 14th.

1 hour ago, cruiseluv said:

Yeah, that's my opinion. And the flu is not just "kinda bad too", tell that to the thousands of people in the USA that die in a year, yet we're not panicking

I take both very seriously and was (obviously) being sarcastic.

9 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Another coronavirus related update.  Amazon has pulled 1,000,000 coronavirus related products due to price gouging.  I love Amazon but what they were doing was so wrong.

Link to article https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/tech/amazon-coronavirus-products/index.html

The only thing Amazon has "done" is do the right thing, by forcing the sellers to pull the 1 million gouging products. Those were not products being sold by Amazon, but products being sold by third-party, small business independent sellers who just list their products on Amazon and then use Amazon for online ordering and/or fulfillment. Those sellers make their own pricing decisions, not Amazon. So when Amazon learned of how these sellers were doing business, they pulled the listings. Good for them.

There recently was a 2 hour PBS Frontline program about Amazon. Amazon was heavily criticized for not policing the site for third party vendors who gouged the public. Good for Amazon.

•  

Edited by Gray Eagle02