Cayman Spirits Company tour

lindaco

The Princess excursion to Cayman Spirits Company (includes sightseeing too) is sold out for our cruise.  Are there any tour operators in Grand Cayman that anyone has used that would include Seven Fathoms Distillery?  Thank you.

Edited by lindaco
name of distillery wrong

Agree you could always go by taxi on your own.

If you just want the tasting room with out the distillery, we had a good time at Rackhams outpost  where flights start at $5. About 5-10 minute walk from pier. Afterwards we enjoyed a drink at the waterfront bar.

8 minutes ago, TravellingBritNY said:

I have asked a few friends who are rm drinkers about the Rackhams and the Pedro St James events - they all said that the experience at the distillery is better - more knowledgeable people, good information, etc.

Maybe better but depends whether you want convenience or want to arrange transport.

I was told Pedro St James is by far the best by a local but we had been there before and didn't want to arrange transport just to taste rum. We are rum drinkers, the rum is a novelty but we weren’t that impressed. 

Edited by c-leg5

The distillery will sometimes do single vat or special release rums that they don't taste at other locations, based on what I have been told.  These tend to be better than the blends they have on sale that are at the remote tastings.

But I am just going on the word of others, who happen to live on island.

We managed to do this tour on our own.  Reserved the tour online, and somehow we caught a public bus at the bus station (bus# 3) and it took us directly to the distillery.  It wasn't a bad experience for 2.50 p/p, but I think we'd catch a taxi if we did it again.  The dark rum was out of this world good.  

• 1 year later...