Walk Hilton Ft. Laud Marina to Terminal 4?

Earthworm Jim

Any issues walking from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina to Terminal 4 in Port Everglades? I'm dropping off my wife and the luggage at the port first, then returning a rental car to the Hilton. So I won't have any luggage.

Google says it's only 1 mile, so no cab or ride share will want that fare. Walk is under 20 minutes. They show me walking all the way around the terminal and entering where the cars enter from Eisenhower Blvd. Air photo looks like while Eisenhower has sidewalks, once you turn into the terminal it looks like you're on the road with the traffic, no sidewalk. I assume there is no back pedestrian entrance to Terminal 4 from SE 20th Street? That would be optimal, but I'm guessing Google knows because Google knows everything, including what I had for breakfast.

6 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Any issues walking from the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina to Terminal 4 in Port Everglades? I'm dropping off my wife and the luggage at the port first, then returning a rental car to the Hilton. So I won't have any luggage.

Google says it's only 1 mile, so no cab or ride share will want that fare. Walk is under 20 minutes. They show me walking all the way around the terminal and entering where the cars enter from Eisenhower Blvd. Air photo looks like while Eisenhower has sidewalks, once you turn into the terminal it looks like you're on the road with the traffic, no sidewalk. I assume there is no back pedestrian entrance to Terminal 4 from SE 20th Street? That would be optimal, but I'm guessing Google knows because Google knows everything, including what I had for breakfast.

Actually you should not have any issue finding a cab (or take the shuttle) to the port from the Hilton.

I have never walked.  If security was manning the entrance, I think there is a more direct route. I am just not sure if it would be open.  You could check it out as you walk by.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Google says it's only 1 mile, so no cab or ride share will want that fare. 

Of course you can take a taxi or Uber/Lyft. They will take you from the Hilton Marina to the terminal. Uber/Lyft does not even know where you are going until they pick you up. You don't have to walk. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Of course you can take a taxi or Uber/Lyft. They will take you from the Hilton Marina to the terminal. Uber/Lyft does not even know where you are going until they pick you up. You don't have to walk. 

Uber absolutely knows where you are going before they pick you up. How else could they give you a price?

A taxi doesn't typically know until you get in, if you flag them down.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Uber absolutely knows where you are going before they pick you up. How else could they give you a price?

A taxi doesn't typically know until you get in, if you flag them down.

Uber knows but the driver does not know until at the pickup point. The driver is not the one giving you the price. 

Edited by Charles4515

14 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Well, truth be told, unless it will cause a problem I'd rather walk anyway. I always get far less than my normal amount of walking done while on a cruise so getting an extra mile in this way would be a benefit.

Thanks for the help to all!

• 2 weeks later...

In case this is helpful to someone researching this in the future I'm back and the walk was easy from the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina to Terminal 4. Security checked my ID then let me in the gate and pointed out where to go.

A 10 or 15 minute walk. There was some construction for what looks like will be a new parking garage for Terminal 4, but it didn't' really cause me any problem. They had temporary sidewalks set up to use.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

In case this is helpful to someone researching this in the future I'm back and the walk was easy from the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina to Terminal 4. Security checked my ID then let me in the gate and pointed out where to go.

A 10 or 15 minute walk. There was some construction for what looks like will be a new parking garage for Terminal 4, but it didn't' really cause me any problem. They had temporary sidewalks set up to use.

Thank you for reporting back in your experience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We almost always stay at the Hilton Marina.  The Marina does offer a shuttle to the port.  We never take it and opt for a cab.  Not a shuttle person.  The first year we stayed there we chose to use their shuttle service and were swamped by two large groups of families.  After getting mobbed we hollered "taxi please".  Regards, Gerry.

• Like 1