Cosol's tour- recommendation

Gilgorm

Last week I attended Cosol's St. Lucia island tour for the 3rd time. 3 vans.

Once again I had a great time. 

On this tour the mud bath was offered. I was hesitant to partake but I am glad I did. Would wear a dark coloured bathing suit as recommended.

Great value for your money.

Cold drinks including water, pop, local beer and rum punch were offered at 3 of the stops.

Back to the ship in plenty of time.

I would not hesitate to take this tour again.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I was also on Cosol Tours at the beginning of February.  Excellent tour, went all over the island, took us to a private beach by speedboat between The Pitons, tasted many foods from their island, drinks, banana plantation visit, volcano, mud baths, waterfall, hot bread with yummy cheese just before they brought us back to the ship.  Excellent tour, would definitely do it again next time I am in St. Lucia

Edited by Ragdollbd

Wanted to let everyone know that we took this tour the first of March. It was the best tour and day we had on our trip. We had to change our day a week before we left because the ship had changed our schedule but, they we're great to work with and we had no problem. We will differently use them again if we come back to St. Lucia.

• 2 weeks later...

Took Cosol's tour in October 2016 and we are booked again for this October on our cruise.  This is a great tour and you see many parts of the island.  The best part of the tour are 1) the views and 2) Jolouse Beach in between the Pitons.  Amazing!!!  Would highly recommend this tour and we can't wait to see Cosol again!

• 4 weeks later...

Question about the mud baths. Are you able to get the mud out of your suit and such before you move on? Do you actually get any physical benefits that you noticed? I would love to do it, but was uncertain about getting all the mud out of places that might be uncomfortable later in the day. LOL

First you get into the sulfur baths and they feel awesome. They feel like you are in a hot tub. When you get out you rub the mud on your arms, legs and face and it dry and you get back into the pits and rinse it off except for your face. It really feels good and then you load up for a short ride where you get into the water and finish rinsing off under the waterfalls. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

For anyone that has NOT done Cosol Tours, I, like most everyone here would highly recommend them! As for the cost, it is WORTH every penny!!! I have done Cosol Tours twice when in St. Lucia.  I am hoping to take my 3 sons/3 d-i-l's to see St. Lucia for the first time.  I know this is a "cruise" sight, but I have a question, and it is possible someone might know.  I am HOPING in March to be cruising, and visiting the port of St. Lucia again.  Now this is just an IF, but if the ships do not still cruise in March, have you ever heard of an all inclusive in St. Lucia, but I was wondering if Cosol Tours would pick us up there?  I only see a phone number, and I was hoping for an email address for my question.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, beshears said:

For anyone that has NOT done Cosol Tours, I, like most everyone here would highly recommend them! As for the cost, it is WORTH every penny!!! I have done Cosol Tours twice when in St. Lucia.  I am hoping to take my 3 sons/3 d-i-l's to see St. Lucia for the first time.  I know this is a "cruise" sight, but I have a question, and it is possible someone might know.  I am HOPING in March to be cruising, and visiting the port of St. Lucia again.  Now this is just an IF, but if the ships do not still cruise in March, have you ever heard of an all inclusive in St. Lucia, but I was wondering if Cosol Tours would pick us up there?  I only see a phone number, and I was hoping for an email address for my question.

Yes, there's numerous all-inclusives in St Lucia: Sandals, Royalton, Coconut Bay, St James Morgan Bay, Rendezvous, LeSport/BodyHoliday, etc.  

Yes, Cosol can arrange pick-up at a resort (depending on the resort, mainly those in the north), but it may be extra cost. Alternatively, you can take a taxi to the port and go from there. 

There's lots else to see and enjoy while here on a land trio, FWIW..  

Reedprincess, thank you for your reply. I am HOPING that we can still do the cruise, but I thought I would ask for "just in case." Instead of calling Cosol Tours from the USA, I would like to have an email address, but it doesn't like like they provide one.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:22 PM, beshears said:

Reedprincess, thank you for your reply. I am HOPING that we can still do the cruise, but I thought I would ask for "just in case." Instead of calling Cosol Tours from the USA, I would like to have an email address, but it doesn't like like they provide one.

There is an email address right on their website. Under Reservations, where you can either send a message via the form, or contact via email...or Facebook. WhatsApp using the phone numbers. 

Edited by reedprincess

Thank you for your answer!  I did see the word "reservation", but I knew I didn't want to make reservations at that time, so thank you for letting me know to "click" on it anyway! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I'm so sorry that Mr. Cosol passed away.  He really started something wonderful (did two tours with them) with his touring company, and hopefully who every took over, will do as good a job as he did!

On 6/17/2020 at 2:01 PM, beshears said:

Oh, I'm so sorry that Mr. Cosol passed away.  He really started something wonderful (did two tours with them) with his touring company, and hopefully who every took over, will do as good a job as he did!

I believe it was his brother that took over the running of the company. We did a tour a few months after the very sad gunshot  murder of Cosol...Information on this if you Google.

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 7:27 PM, Choozin Croozin said:

Question about the mud baths. Are you able to get the mud out of your suit and such before you move on? Do you actually get any physical benefits that you noticed? I would love to do it, but was uncertain about getting all the mud out of places that might be uncomfortable later in the day. LOL

I'm struggling to remember if there was somewhere to shower after the mud baths, but I do recall being mostly "clean" before heading on to the waterfall when we did this. The mud leaves your skin feeling extremely soft; it acts as an exfoliant, and is probably loaded with good minerals. 

On 9/11/2020 at 6:14 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

I'm struggling to remember if there was somewhere to shower after the mud baths, but I do recall being mostly "clean" before heading on to the waterfall when we did this. The mud leaves your skin feeling extremely soft; it acts as an exfoliant, and is probably loaded with good minerals. 

We opted to not do the mud baths but there must have been someplace I believe to shower off the mud since those getting back on the tour bus with us were not covered...not entirely clean but not too bad.

Sorry I didn't have time to post earlier, but I did the mud baths a few years ago.  The "reason" I did this was to "prove" to my 3 sons that mom could STILL do things at her OLD age! 🙂 I will say it was an experience, and I'm glad I took the PLUNGE, as the expression goes. There were a LOT of young people at the mud bath, and I thought for a moment I really didn't want to do it, as I would be the ONLY older person, but I did anyway. When you first get in, the water will be hot (sort of like when you hit a pool or ocean, your body has to warm up to that temperature), but my body adjusted to it.  I could not believe how all the young people surrounded me, and started taking care of me like a baby, but in a good way! They even helped me get out of the mud bath as well.  I did not see anything to use, other than they had spray stands where you could stand under them and wipe/rub the mud off of you. I did not put mud on my face, but on my legs, etc. While I was washing this off, I never had so many people stop and say how PROUD they were that I did take the PLUNGE. This just made it worth while, and you feel so refreshed! 🙂

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We used Cosol on March 12, 2022 - excellent tour with Cassius.  5 of us in a new van.

Saw a lot of the island, didn't go into the mudbaths. Then short boat trip out to the Pitons - again we didn't swim but sat in a bar to sample the local beer!   Highly recommended.

Little Britain, I'm so glad you liked Cosol Tours, as we have done it twice, and if RCL had not had some people with the Covid at the last minute, the 8 of us were to be doing Cosol Tour as well. Yes the mud bath is quite a experience for someone who is "over" 65, but I did it, and I was so glad I did, just to prove to my sons that mom STILL could do things that most young people do. 🙂

• Like 1