Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

I was supposed to be on the Panorama last week.  We have moved it to September 19.  If that gets cancelled, we will just move it out to April next year.  Your live review was the best one I have ever read. Thank you for that.  I was riveted to this forum on your debarkation date.  Look forward to your future reviews.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks. So far my next cruise is still on. I’m a little torn on whether or not I want it to go on. If it does go I doubt we’re going to Aruba and Bonaire as planned. If it’s not the itinerary I wanted I’d rather just drive to Galveston than fly to Miami. 

I’m prepared to book one in the December timeframe. I’m looking at Vista to eliminate the flying this time. I had some cool new rooms I wanted to try out. I was just waiting for the NFL schedule release on Thursday before booking. But yesterday’s cancellations ate up all of those rooms. So I’ll still be booking but probably staying in the same room I was in on Panorama.

Another minor detail....I don’t have enough vacation time for my next cruise. Normally I would but I’ve been on furlough for.....seven weeks now so it hasn’t been accruing. I should be back by the end of the month. I figure I should have it by the end of July. So hopefully it’ll be alright.

You can’t put in until it’s accrued so that’s August.

Yes I was just off for two months. Yes I was just on vacation before I was off for two months but....I need a vacation.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I was supposed to be on the Panorama last week.  We have moved it to September 19.  If that gets cancelled, we will just move it out to April next year.  Your live review was the best one I have ever read. Thank you for that.  I was riveted to this forum on your debarkation date.  Look forward to your future reviews.

Thanks double d! Just make sure you’re subscribed to this thread. I’ll post here when I start a new one and you’ll get alerted.

Hope you’re able to make yours in September!

Edited by Saint Greg

Last time I read your post, all the virus craziness was just beginning, but I still had my B2B to go to in April. Well, as we all know, that never happened. I was able to transfer my FCC and $1200 OBC to a 14 day Journey cruise to the Panama Canal on the Freedom out of Galveston. My first time using that port. I do hope COVID doesn’t cancel that cruise. And just this past weekend, I booked another B2B on the Mardi Gras for January 2022, out of Port Canaveral. I hope we are all vaccinated by then, or I may need some snazzy face masks to sit at the Alchemy Bar. 😂😂😂 I do hope you get your cruises in, as I love reading your live reviews. I will be watching for them. 😎🛳🏖🌴🍸🍹🍷

• Like 1

I am enjoying your review so much!  I'm a little behind, but definitely catching up!  We were supposed to sail on the Panorama May 16th, so while I'm happy to see your pictures and read your review, I'm really sad it canceled.  I hope get to sail her soon.  We do have the Mardi Gras scheduled for May 2021, so our fingers are crossed. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Last time I read your post, all the virus craziness was just beginning, but I still had my B2B to go to in April. Well, as we all know, that never happened. I was able to transfer my FCC and $1200 OBC to a 14 day Journey cruise to the Panama Canal on the Freedom out of Galveston. My first time using that port. I do hope COVID doesn’t cancel that cruise. And just this past weekend, I booked another B2B on the Mardi Gras for January 2022, out of Port Canaveral. I hope we are all vaccinated by then, or I may need some snazzy face masks to sit at the Alchemy Bar. 😂😂😂 I do hope you get your cruises in, as I love reading your live reviews. I will be watching for them. 😎🛳🏖🌴🍸🍹🍷

That sounds great. The Panama Canal is on my list. For me it'll have to be the 9 day partial out of Galveston or New Orleans and of the days will have to fit just right. I think the one this year was during the NFL playoffs. I believe the next one I had my eye on is around Thanksgiving next year. I would have to wait a year until the NFL schedule comes out before I could plan that one. Wow! $1200 will buy a lot of steakhouse dinners! 

26 minutes ago, mjrcruiser said:

I am enjoying your review so much!  I'm a little behind, but definitely catching up!  We were supposed to sail on the Panorama May 16th, so while I'm happy to see your pictures and read your review, I'm really sad it canceled.  I hope get to sail her soon.  We do have the Mardi Gras scheduled for May 2021, so our fingers are crossed. 🙂 

Thanks! Hopefully all is good for your Mardi Gras cruise. I'll be a few months behind you in August.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 12:16 PM, Saint Greg said:

Another minor detail....I don’t have enough vacation time for my next cruise. Normally I would but I’ve been on furlough for.....seven weeks now so it hasn’t been accruing. I should be back by the end of the month. I figure I should have it by the end of July. So hopefully it’ll be alright.

You can’t put in until it’s accrued so that’s August.

Yes I was just off for two months. Yes I was just on vacation before I was off for two months but....I need a vacation.

An update to this. I'm back at work as of yesterday. So my vacation should be accruing again and I should be good for my 8/29 cruise assuming it happens. I've also added a 12/12 Vista cruise with a new room type I think is going to be cool. It's a forward picture window cabin but it's on the end and turned sideways. Looks bigger than a normal inside to me. Easy access to that forward deck I've been spending a lot of time on lately for sunrises, sunsets, arrivals and departures.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

An update to this. I'm back at work as of yesterday. So my vacation should be accruing again and I should be good for my 8/29 cruise assuming it happens. I've also added a 12/12 Vista cruise with a new room type I think is going to be cool. It's a forward picture window cabin but it's on the end and turned sideways. Looks bigger than a normal inside to me. Easy access to that forward deck I've been spending a lot of time on lately for sunrises, sunsets, arrivals and departures.

I watched a youtube on a room like this.  Looks great!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I watched a youtube on a room like this.  Looks great!

Probably this one. This is actually 7207. Mine is on the other side 7208. So it's flipped. It only cost me $50 more than my regular inside. And it's the cheapest 7 day cruise I've booked.

I did find stills of the actual room which confirms it's the same deal just flipped around.

CarPic720-44929-1507851909.jpg

CarPic720-62412-1507851910.jpg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

@Saint Greg yes that's the video I watched. Looks roomy, nice big window and handy location.  Is that a open deck at the very front of the ship on Empress?  I couldn't see an access door on the deck plans.  

It should be there. I know I was out there on Panorama. Here's a video from Horizon. 18 seconds into this one you can see the door. Vista should be the same.

44 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Very roomy! Is that only on the Vista class of ships?

This looks kind of  similar  on Triumph (Sunrise).  Maybe a little smaller room but the same design.

Edited by Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

@Saint Greg yup, saw the door!  Nice to know the window looking out on the deck is tinted. Thx for posting!

It's tinted but depending on the lighting you can still see in some...so I may need to use that curtain at times...or just say "If they want to grab an eyeful, enjoy the show!"

• Like 2

On 5/5/2020 at 12:02 PM, Saint Greg said:

I’m prepared to book one in the December timeframe. I’m looking at Vista to eliminate the flying this time. I had some cool new rooms I wanted to try out. I was just waiting for the NFL schedule release on Thursday before booking. But yesterday’s cancellations ate up all of those rooms. So I’ll still be booking but probably staying in the same room I was in on Panorama.

When our 3/16/20 Dream cruise was cancelled, we rebooked for 12/21/20. I sure hope both of us will be on cruises this December!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

@Saint Greg I was doing a mock booking for Horizon and the 4J category is never available.  Even way out in the future.  Under "Interior", correct? Thx!

Interior and then select the interior with picture window option. They’re usually sold out. I got the last one on Vista. I also got one on Breeze booking almost 2 years out but it’s not the long one.

• Like 1

FYI hotwire is finally refunding our money, but it took 4 phone calls and now the waiting game to actually get the refund.

After reading your review I stuck with it and they did eventually come through.

I hope you can do your next cruise so I can read the review.