Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

Just now, Saint Greg said:

I got a fedex text saying I have a delivery from

card fulfillment services delivered with no sig required. I should have a pretty big remainder

on that one so I may stop by and pick it up at lunch. 

Go get it! Stop the porch pirates!

Just now, Lem_On_Ade said:

They fly into Fort Lauderdale though!

Yeah. The price difference wasn’t enough for me once I add in an uber/lyft to and from Fort Lauderdale. And then I’d want to have a later flight out and all that. I’m just doing American that trip. I have a hotel with an airport and port shuttle so it’s going to be convenient.

4 hours ago, maluhia87 said:

Based on the bottles I'd guess Malibu, infused vodka (strawberry/raspberry), grenadine, ???,  lemon juice, orange or pineapple juice.  Can't tell what the second bottle in the back area after grenadine was.  

That bottle added to the grenadine may be some kind of white rum?

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

All of them were from the bus except in Santa Monica. There is a Santa Monica route but it was closed that day due to a marathon. This is the one I used which has the most routes and stops

https://www.starlinetours.com/en/hop-on-hop-off-double-decker?gclid=CjwKCAjwmKLzBRBeEiwACCVihpgNh1QjA0IrFKTTwFRKBfvkYiEqIJWX4tuvEaVHzy__iJBiuF2ptRoCTPIQAvD_BwE

Here is the route map.

https://www.starlinetours.com/en/hop-on-hop-off-map

The other option is the big bus which has less routes and less stops but you can get a bit cheaper. I even found it on Groupon.

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/los-angeles/los-angeles-bus-tours/?gclid=CjwKCAjwmKLzBRBeEiwACCVihsp7PkLpp97BQq5f78eQcTsBnIcHEKeeXOBoB3CYRGd6V6l4ikPdexoCnxQQAvD_BwE

www.groupon.com/amp/deals/big-bus-la

Really if you can get it...that area I was in was perfect for the Starline. Their bus routes were starting between the El

Capitan and Dolby theaters. There was always a bus there waiting to leave or one pulling up.

if had a question there was a person selling Starline tours on every block. And their main office is in that shopping center you could see out my hotel room window.

Thanks for all the great info and links. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Hey Greg. Quick question if you would humor me. How often do you get the last hotel booked on Hotwire? Is there a way to know which of three offered you'll end up with?

Thanks!

Even tho I'm not Greg, I have one tip. There is no sure fire way. But if you look on other search engines, you can find very similar descriptions and get a pretty educated guess. Once or twice I even figured out through a picture. It's kind of a fun game honestly.

Edited by amyotravel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mkcurran said:

Hey Greg. Quick question if you would humor me. How often do you get the last hotel booked on Hotwire? Is there a way to know which of three offered you'll end up with?

Thanks!

Don't go by last hotel booked. It may not even be one of the three they list. The best way to tell is if they give you the number of expedia reviews and the three hotels. You can see which hotel has that number of expedia reviews. They are usually in the list of named hotels and it's as simple as scrolling through them and matching that number. I pretty much know the hotel i'm booking...100% of the time. If you need me to look at something specific let me know.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Don't go by last hotel booked. It may not even be one of the three they list. The best way to tell is if they give you the number of expedia reviews and the three hotels. You can see which hotel has that number of expedia reviews. They are usually in the list of named hotels and it's as simple as scrolling through them and matching that number. I pretty much know the hotel i'm booking...100% of the time. If you need me to look at something specific let me know.

You unlocked my secret! Ha. (Also, can't use the "E" word.)

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Thank you! I found a hotel on Hotwire, then found a cheaper rate on the hotel site. It's a good time to book in Vegas. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 3HrTourist said:

Greg,  You have probably covered this question before, but what are you using to take your photos, and what is your process to edit them for the thread?  Your framing is quite excellent.  Thanks

Thanks! I’m using an iPhone XS Max. Most of my pictures are uploaded as taken but sometimes I want to crop them a little. I’m just using the default edit button on the iPhone to do that. I did use that a lot in Hollywood to crop out the hop on hop off bus rails and people as much as possible.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That makes me feel a little better. I'm also thinking maybe this might be a good time to take six months off of cruise ships.

True that. I am currently being vetted by my employer for a possible self-quarantine for a couple of weeks. Unfun.