Have you purchased the Photo Book??

CAVE MAN

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe they are the standard size 8 X 10 that they put out on the racks.   At least the book they gave us as a give when we hit Zenith were that size.    The book itself is about 10 x 12.

Thank you Jim_lain,

I did call Celebrity and ask the size of the photo book, she couldn't tell me, she did say you get to choose 34 pictures and it takes 6 to 8 weeks to de delivered. When I said you must have some way of telling what size they are, she said well maybe 6 by 9. That didn't seem right to me, that is why I asked.

Again thank you, hope the pictures are 8 by 10!!!

1 hour ago, CAVE MAN said:

Thank you Jim_lain,

I did call Celebrity and ask the size of the photo book, she couldn't tell me, she did say you get to choose 34 pictures and it takes 6 to 8 weeks to de delivered. When I said you must have some way of telling what size they are, she said well maybe 6 by 9. That didn't seem right to me, that is why I asked.

We've been cruising since 2003 and I have a photo album that I created for every cruise.  When I create my album, I can mix and match, 4x5s, 5x7s, 8x10s; photos created by the cruise line photography staff mixed with pictures we took.  It makes a nicer presentation with the variety; guess it comes from my experience creating wedding albums when I did wedding photography. Hopefully we can get the photographs from the cruise line staff via the link they talk about and then I can do my thing :classic_biggrin: !

3 hours ago, Pickels said:

We've been cruising since 2003 and I have a photo album that I created for every cruise.  When I create my album, I can mix and match, 4x5s, 5x7s, 8x10s; photos created by the cruise line photography staff mixed with pictures we took.  It makes a nicer presentation with the variety; guess it comes from my experience creating wedding albums when I did wedding photography. Hopefully we can get the photographs from the cruise line staff via the link they talk about and then I can do my thing :classic_biggrin: !

I want to start doing that.    Where do you have your books made?

5 hours ago, CAVE MAN said:

Thank you Jim_lain,

By your description it may not be the same as I have.    The one I have is a leatherette cover and plastic pages you slip your photos into.    By your description it sounds like one of those items you have made at Walgreens and is printed and bound.  With those I believe you can have multiple sizes in the same album.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

By your description it may not be the same as I have.    The one I have is a leatherette cover and plastic pages you slip your photos into.    By your description it sounds like one of those items you have made at Walgreens and is printed and bound.  With those I believe you can have multiple sizes in the same album.

This is a photo book that Celebrity offers, for my cruise date it was on sale for $100.00. When I called Celebrity they said you get to choose 34 pictures that have been taken during your time on the ship. You pick them out on the last day of the cruise and then they mail the photo Album with the pictures you have chosen in approximately 6 weeks. What they can't tell me is what size the pictures will be.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I want to start doing that.    Where do you have your books made?

When I was "in the business"; I used to use Albums, Inc. and Art Leather.  The former is out of business and Art is on it's way out.  Now, I make my own, more work, but a lot of fun.

The one offered to us  on EDGE has set  photos of the ship wanted or not, and you or they  place your selected photos into pre sized slots. Not much flexibility! They also did not explain this at the outset..wasted alot of time!

We did not care for that format, and just ordered a digital/ print package and made our own photo books. Much happier doing our own.