Mazatlan detailed list of suggestions.....

AandBmom

Mazatlan: I highly suggest Stone Island, we all loved it. We've been there on 4 or so cruises and have taken others there. They have all loved it. Hang out at Lety's (Victor's used to be the spot, but word is that he's no longer open, he comes and goes). At Stone, you can do a lot of water sports and ATV. ATV's here are cheap, and you can ride all over the beach! Waiters at Lety's can hook you up. You can also do a banana boat here, jet ski, parasail, etc.! Very active place and also a great place to chill. Food is the BOMB and cheap!!! Head back to the ship an hour or so early and hang out at the bars by the ship or shop!

• Like 2

On 2/28/2020 at 1:17 PM, klfhngr said:

Mazatlan: I highly suggest Stone Island, we all loved it. We've been there on 4 or so cruises and have taken others there. They have all loved it. Hang out at Lety's (Victor's used to be the spot, but word is that he's no longer open, he comes and goes). At Stone, you can do a lot of water sports and ATV. ATV's here are cheap, and you can ride all over the beach! Waiters at Lety's can hook you up. You can also do a banana boat here, jet ski, parasail, etc.! Very active place and also a great place to chill. Food is the BOMB and cheap!!! Head back to the ship an hour or so early and hang out at the bars by the ship or shop!

Thanks klfhngr, we are excited to check out Stone Island for the first time in April.  Do you suggest we bring a bunch of smaller US bills or should we get Pesos to pay for the activities on Stone Island?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, True Romance said:

Thanks klfhngr, we are excited to check out Stone Island for the first time in April.  Do you suggest we bring a bunch of smaller US bills or should we get Pesos to pay for the activities on Stone Island?

US Bills will work but we usually get Pesos ahead of time. Sometimes you get a better exchange rate and also I think they appreciate getting Pesos ( especially the vendors) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, True Romance said:

My pleasure... I really hope you enjoy it. Like I said, we've taken more and more people there, and they all loved it and end up going back. For us, there's not really a lot to do in MZ. So we stick to Stone Island. On the last cruise, we jumped on a cab after and headed to a shrimp/bar place. Then from there, back to the dock area for some shopping and some people watching with one final beer.

Either, or. I prefer dollars, and they appreciate them more too, lol! I like to take $2 bills.. On all our travels. For some reason, they all love them. But on Stone, either will work. And walk there! No need to take a cab! 

• 10 months later...

Visiting Mazatlan on cruise in nov, our plan is to take a pulmonia (?sp) to Mr Lionso's for coconut shrimp and enjoy the amazing views, grab a cheap massage on the beach by Riu, then back to that pastry shop by the church , browse the market then walk back to the ship. For any of those expats... is this enough time ( port  time 8-5). Wondering if the massage place fell victim to covid, we stayed at the riu emerald bay a couple years ago and these were our favouite things to do. Anyone know the name of the pastry shop (a block from the market and a block from a beautiful church/cathedral), Thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2021 at 8:40 AM, grimpil said:

Visiting Mazatlan on cruise in nov, our plan is to take a pulmonia (?sp) to Mr Lionso's for coconut shrimp and enjoy the amazing views, grab a cheap massage on the beach by Riu, then back to that pastry shop by the church , browse the market then walk back to the ship. For any of those expats... is this enough time ( port  time 8-5). Wondering if the massage place fell victim to covid, we stayed at the riu emerald bay a couple years ago and these were our favouite things to do. Anyone know the name of the pastry shop (a block from the market and a block from a beautiful church/cathedral), Thanks in advance

Panamá (it's a chain). The one near the market has a bakery and a restaurant

https://goo.gl/maps/nDYsDUX8bqwC2sFaA

BTW I was not impressed with  the lower level of the market ( I did not go upstairs).  So if you run out of time, skip that.
Edited by mlgb

19 hours ago, sueandkent said:

Does anybody have any idea if the Playa Mazatlan is still doing day passes and if so what the current rate is?

During the pandemic they've only done Day Passes for friends & family of a registered guest and the cost was $600mxn, but the cruise ship may have an excursion deal.

On 2/29/2020 at 3:16 PM, True Romance said:

Awesome! You should be good with small bills, that's all you really need. Also, you might want to find another spot besides Letys. We had sorta bad experience in Oct., then another person here on CC said that it was bad also. There are a few other spots that I heard are good. But I'd still go to Stone Island!

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2020 at 1:17 PM, klfhngr said:

Update on Lety's: It's not the same, I was just there in Oct., will NOT go back there. Find somewhere else on Stone Island!

4 hours ago, klfhngr said:

Update on Lety's: It's not the same, I was just there in Oct., will NOT go back there. Find somewhere else on Stone Island!

We were also there in October and found it the same as always..

• 2 months later...

anyone know if King David Tours is till available? We were really excited about the Jungle tour (which we cant find from any other vendor), but when we fill out the form to purchase it just says the total comes out to $0.00 and once its calculated $0 selecting any other date just says nothing is available...but I am talking about any date for the entire year! Hope its still an option.

On 2/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, sueandkent said:

Does anybody have any idea if the Playa Mazatlan is still doing day passes and if so what the current rate is?

I don't know when you are going ( if if you have already gone), but we go in October and were also interested in this option. I sent an email to the hotel and I will post their response. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some great food in Mazatlan...Try Panama Restaurant & Bakery just around the corner from the Mazatlan Central Market. We were there in January and will definitely go back during our next port stop.