British Colonial Day Pass

LuCruise

Our cruise is in 3 weeks and panicking about what to do for our stops.  We usually stay on the ship for Nassau but I'm looking at the option of the Colonial Day pass.

1. Do you need to pre-book?  Or can you just show up?
  2. Do they have many paddleboard and kayaks to use?  Or are there only a few and it's hard to get use of one?  Our kids get bored at a beach for some time, but I think they may like one or both of these activities for something different.

Thanks.

Since you are arriving in the middle of spring break, I would book in advance.

During high season and spring break, the hotel sometimes cuts off walk in day passes. 

If it's important to you... book in advance.

As for kayaks etc.   There are only a couple.   I didn't see any paddleboard last time I was there.   They sometimes have see thru viewing mats.   Depends on what get's broken during the season. 

This beach is a relaxing and quiet beach.  If your kids need to be active, this might not be the place for them.

Edited by scubagirrl

On 2/23/2020 at 8:22 PM, LuCruise said:

Our cruise is in 3 weeks and panicking about what to do for our stops.  We usually stay on the ship for Nassau but I'm looking at the option of the Colonial Day pass.

1. Do you need to pre-book?  Or can you just show up?
  2. Do they have many paddleboard and kayaks to use?  Or are there only a few and it's hard to get use of one?  Our kids get bored at a beach for some time, but I think they may like one or both of these activities for something different.

Thanks.

Definitely pre-book.  Was there last week during a busy President's Week.  A family was waiting to see if they would be able to buy a pass in the lobby. They were then told by the manager that they weren't selling any day of passes

Thanks for the replies.  Ok...so best to book ahead or we could be turned away.

Doesn't sound like there area  ton of kayaks ...which I thought would be something a bit different for our kids to do at the beach. Just looking at alternatives in case we want to get off at Nassau, but it might not be the best match.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, scubagirrl said:

The walk to the Hilton is easy and takes less than 10 minutes from the Port exit.

If you u must grab a cab, its $11 for up to 2 ppl and $4 for ea. additional person, plus tip.

Generally, a cab is not needed unless someone has walking issues.

Thanks. I do have mobility issues and I don’t think I will be able to walk especially in the heat. A cab might be my best option.