Perfect Day at Coco Cay - Coco Beach Club

Treacher1

Just like Labadee, this port of call can be a free day of swimming and lunch with no extra price.  The Coco Beach Club looks amazing, but for those of you who paid the $199 each for the day with infinity pool, food, private beach etc.  Did you think it was worth it?  Any detailed opinions appreciated - and any pics appreciated, as well.  Thanks for your opinions.

Piggy back question, but is there any free food on Coco Cay, or no, and you have to eat on the ship or pay for food on the island?  Just wondering as we normally sail with NCL & there is the free BBQ (all be it basic) on the island.

23 minutes ago, NJsharon said:

Piggy back question, but is there any free food on Coco Cay, or no, and you have to eat on the ship or pay for food on the island?  Just wondering as we normally sail with NCL & there is the free BBQ (all be it basic) on the island.

Most restaurants on the island are free.  There is only one restaurant that is for a fee plus the beach club. 

• Like 1

The main food pavilion in the center of the island is free and is the best out of any of the cruise lines private island BBQ's. There is the normal hot dogs and hamburgers but there is also a taco bar.

Then there are other choices around the island which are also free.

This is the best private island out of all of them. Also if you have the drink package it works on the island unlike some of the others.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, allentownahoy said:

Thanks. Ever the source of wisdom and information. Wishing you a perfect day.

I'm sorry that I lost track of you on the Anthem, and so sorry to hear about Mom's hospitalization.

Fortunately, it will be easier to stay in touch on Baby Empress.  😄 

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm sorry that I lost track of you on the Anthem, and so sorry to hear about Mom's hospitalization.

Fortunately, it will be easier to stay in touch on Baby Empress.  😄 

No worries. You are a very busy and popular woman. And you know everyone. Hopefully we can connect on the baby of the fleet, maybe even grab a meal.

My mom is doing much better and I am hoping she stays that way. Thanks

Last month I did a b-2-b on the Allure and wound up on the island twice, first week our visit was rained out, (booo!).  The 2nd week it was to cold to go into the water, however, the food was good, try the chicken sandwich and the tacos.

• Like 1

Ooooh, thanks!  Thank sounds wonderful!!!

2 hours ago, Lbicklel said:

For us the Beach Club was worth it....BUT I only paid $39.  There’s no way it would have been worth $199 for me.

How did you manage that steal?!  Was it a quick glitch in the system? lol

2 hours ago, allentownahoy said:

Thanks. Ever the source of wisdom and information. Wishing you a perfect day.

I am taking a wild guess you are from Allentown?  Not a long drive from me, I am in Flemington, NJ. 

Do you happen to be a fan of the group 'Straight No Chaser'?!  I am a BIG fan & my favorite singer, Jerome, was born & raised in Allentown.  lol  Been to several of their concerts!  Anyway, going off topic.  lol

We spent the day at the coco cay beach club last week.  We paid approx. $60 adult $40 kid.  It was a great day and our first time at the renovated coco cay island.  Walking back through the free areas I don't think we would do the beach club again.  There seems to be several places to enjoy the beach without the extra expense.  We also had the unlimited dining package so we were eating well all week.  The special lunch was good but not really a novelty.  It was convenient not having to carry towels off (they are provided at the beach club). 

12 hours ago, allentownahoy said:

Do they have fish tacos?

Steak carnitas (cubed, not really good for a taco) and pork carnitas (shredded) and chicken.

Use the flour tortilla and the corn are very thin and break apart.

Also, Cuban sammies, but bread can sit on warmer too long and be too crunchy or nearly blackened.

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

Steak carnitas (cubed, not really good for a taco) and pork carnitas (shredded) and chicken.

Use the flour tortilla and the corn are very thin and break apart.

Also, Cuban sammies, but bread can sit on warmer too long and be too crunchy or nearly blackened.

Thanks - you beat me to it. You described the meats exactly as I was going to!

No fish tacos anywhere on the island. Not even the “pay” restaurant - I asked. 😊

Then I asked if there were seagull tacos........... 😄😄😄

13 hours ago, NJsharon said:

Ooooh, thanks!  Thank sounds wonderful!!!

How did you manage that steal?!  Was it a quick glitch in the system? lol

I am taking a wild guess you are from Allentown?  Not a long drive from me, I am in Flemington, NJ. 

Do you happen to be a fan of the group 'Straight No Chaser'?!  I am a BIG fan & my favorite singer, Jerome, was born & raised in Allentown.  lol  Been to several of their concerts!  Anyway, going off topic.  lol

Yes I am. I have heard of the group but am not really sure I have heard them to be honest.

we did the Beach Club with an overwater floating cabana- AMAZING and worth every penny.  Between the cabana attendant who brought us as much food as we could eat, brought drinks all day, the mini fridge stocked, towels, shower and slide!  Filet and lobster- literally we could not eat all he brought.  Only drawback was that the bathrooms were a little far but they are building new ones closer in the next few months.

6 hours ago, jandj1224 said:

We spent the day at the coco cay beach club last week.  We paid approx. $60 adult $40 kid.  It was a great day and our first time at the renovated coco cay island.  Walking back through the free areas I don't think we would do the beach club again.  There seems to be several places to enjoy the beach without the extra expense.  We also had the unlimited dining package so we were eating well all week.  The special lunch was good but not really a novelty.  It was convenient not having to carry towels off (they are provided at the beach club). 

Was it less crowded and more relaxing?  That is what I have in mind.  I had some extra OBC and reserved it for $79pp.