CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

With all of the negative press coverage, it doesn't surprise me that the stock has taken a hit.

What do you think rock bottom is? I would like to buy stock, but am holding out for now until I see how things go. 

• Like 1

if they can maintain the cash dividend, the lower price just makes the yield better.

the whole market is paralyzed with coronovirus, stocks with higher exposure (china operations or supply chain, international entertainment/travel) will not be rebounding soon if I had to guess.

• Like 4

"Cruise line stocks fall after State Department urges citizens not to take cruises in Asia"

Shares of Carnival Corp. CCL, -5.85%, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. NCLH, -7.80% and Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCL, -5.78% were down - 1.5%, 2.5%, and 3.5%, respectively, in Friday afternoon trading. The U.S. Department of State said Thursday that U.S. citizens should "reconsider" traveling on cruise ships to or within Asia over concerns about COVID-19. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/cruise-line-stocks-fall-after-state-department-urges-citizens-not-to-take-cruises-in-asia-2020-02-21?mod=mw_quote_news

It's not a good day for Wall Street. Right now the Dow is down 898.74 points. It won't be long until the Dow looses so much that they will halt trading to prevent further sliding, IMHO.

• Like 3

I dont think they will halt trading today (goodness I hope not).

i think it will come back a little throughout the day. the early morning on a monday after bad international trades is choppy. people are scared and trying to cut losses.

if you have money, it's a buying opportunity.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

It is crazy that this time last year, the stock prices was as high as 60 dollars. It is insane how the market reacts to the virus and other things

The stock has been taking a beating far before the virus. The virus definitely didn't help. I bought mine at the worst time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Question is where is the bottom

Right. I currently don't own any shares, but would like to buy. I plan on holding onto it for years and just get the shareholder OBC.

I am in no rush to buy as I cancelled all my cruises for the rest of the year bc of CoVid19. I cruise about 3x/year prior to this and the obc would be a great perk.

The question is where is the bottom.

The stock is currently sitting at 38.73. 

Edited by Farts

31 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

The stock has been taking a beating far before the virus. The virus definitely didn't help. I bought mine at the worst time.

sell it, harvest the loss so you win at tax time....buy back in in 30 days to avoid the wash trade.

• Like 1

No one, not even Warren Buffet, can accurately predict when any stock will hit rock bottom.  If you buy 100 shares of Carnival at $40 per share it will pay you $200 in dividends this year.  If you also go on a 14 day Carnival cruise this year you will receive $200 of on board credit.  That's a 10% return on your investment, and the OBC is not taxable. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Carnival stock has been a dog for some time...even before this crisis.  By my figures, the stock is down 18% this year...and that doesn't include what it does today.

Garnett

It is only a concern if you intended to sell. Last year I received $400.00 obc plus the dividends. This year already $200.00 in OBC Jan and next month. More to come. I have no complaints at all. I just sent more money to my stock account to buy more. I will see tomorrow what will it be.  This time to buy low and sit on it till I get a nice profit. It will go up. Might be a year. That is fine with me. Might try Royal again now that they are doing the OBC same as Carnival.

• Like 2