CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

I just bought 150 shares @ 21.74.  I have another 50 waiting at a little lower.  I have been wanting to buy this stock for over 10 years.  I was too afraid at that time and I have always regretted not buying then. I told myself if it ever dropped I would buy some and this was the day.  I am so glad that I had issues with the first site I tried to use, this was on Friday, I would have been happy at 26.  I opened up a ameritrade account today and very pleased with the layout and glad it was at 21.74.  Know to figure out how to get it applied to my next cruise.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

A year ago it was  57 you did okay!

when i look at my brokerage account, i am disappointed at the purchase price at 60 something when it was that high..never ever did i expect the stocks to drop like a rock like what it currently is. i thought cruise stocks will go up in the long term, not down 😞

34 minutes ago, shof515 said:

when i look at my brokerage account, i am disappointed at the purchase price at 60 something when it was that high..never ever did i expect the stocks to drop like a rock like what it currently is. i thought cruise stocks will go up in the long term, not down 😞

1 year is not long term. The market always goes up long term - but that is longer than 1 year. Let’s see where this ends up in 5/10/15 years when we survive this fiasco. 

Edited by Stick93
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, coevan said:

I sold my entire portfolio and would not touch the market until this virus is declining. I'll take 1.6 % over the crap shoot stock market at this time. 

I'm sorry to hear that coevan. I wish you the best in your financial planning. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I'm sorry to hear that coevan. I wish you the best in your financial planning. 

I'm surly not sorry, this action saved our bacon. We had 50% in the market and 50% in financial institutions. The IRA funds stay in the IRA as a money market. This virus and the stock market losses are far from over. 

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

You should sell your stocks immediately if you think one year is a long term investment. You're in this for the wrong reasons.

I have a lot of money tied up in the market in one way or another - these dips do hurt, but long term it comes out in the wash. It always does. The key is to train yourself into thinking long term as 10, 15 years. If you're thinking of shorter term trading - don't gamble with more than you can stand to lose.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Is the next thread going to be " Carnival stock dips below 20? "

NCL closed at $19.81 today.  It has dropped over $40 since January.  In January, many thought that was unthinkable.  Carnival may dropped below $20 later this week, if not tomorrow.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I agree.  I would add don't buy on the way down.  Let it settle and buy on the way back up.

I don't think you can lose with any of the prices the last couple of weeks as carnival is no going "belly up". This will pass and the cruise lines will learn how to be better prepared for the next big one from this. People are still passionate about cruising and the ships are still being built. All good signs for the long term of any investment in the cruise lines . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coevan said:

I sold my entire portfolio and would not touch the market until this virus is declining. I'll take 1.6 % over the crap shoot stock market at this time. 

except you probably sold after a 10-15% drop. you can't time the market like that. not successful long term.

i hope you get lucky when you get back in.

6 minutes ago, tree.critter said:

Opened Ameritrade account, going to buy if I can figure out how to work through this web site. Sheesh!  Going back up, need to figure this out soon!

I was doing the same thing as I saw the price racing from $20.20 up to $23.00. Gonna hold off for now but I think I have it figured out.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, m-of-connor said:

I just bought 150 shares @ 21.74.  I have another 50 waiting at a little lower.  I have been wanting to buy this stock for over 10 years.  I was too afraid at that time and I have always regretted not buying then. I told myself if it ever dropped I would buy some and this was the day.  I am so glad that I had issues with the first site I tried to use, this was on Friday, I would have been happy at 26.  I opened up a ameritrade account today and very pleased with the layout and glad it was at 21.74.  Know to figure out how to get it applied to my next cruise.

it is on here. But just Google Carnival stockholders OBC form and print it out. it is self explanitory.

• Thanks 1