CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Still above what I bought it for, but I'm not sure how long that will be true.

You didn't say what you paid but it's now down over 5% today and sinking like the Titanic.

Market Summary > Carnival Corp
NYSE: CCL
Follow

35.80 USD −1.96 (5.19%)

Feb 25, 2:02 PM EST 
  • Like 1

Just now, sanmarcosman said:

You didn't say what you paid but it's now down over 5% today and sinking like the Titanic.

Follow

35.80 USD −1.96 (5.19%)

When the virus becomes trouble in the US you will likely see CCL in the 20's.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Is this the end of the airline industry?!

How much longer until they get grounded??

Neither will go totally bust...but there are major hiccups coming.

The order book is at a all time record high. Add to that all the recent builds, the mortgage payment is a comin 

• Like 1

Just now, bury me at sea said:

I think it is probable that it will continue its downward movement for awhile.  Personally I wouldn't jump in yet.  

I don't know, it hasn't been this low since the poop cruise. I guess we'll see.

I won't be buying any, more power to those who choose to!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

I don't know, it hasn't been this low since the poop cruise. I guess we'll see.

I won't be buying any, more power to those who choose to!

$25. or even a little less wouldn't surprise me, depending on how long it takes us to get ahead of the corona spread, and of course the economy in general.  This virus is having an economic impact on much more than just the cruise industry.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

$25. or even a little less wouldn't surprise me, depending on how long it takes us to get ahead of the corona spread, and of course the economy in general.  This virus is having an economic impact on much more than just the cruise industry.

True, this is way bigger than the poop cruise and Concordia disaster.

• Like 3

In my opinion, this is what happens when people buy stock for the small OBC.

If you like and believe in the product, buy the stock and hold it.  For people who bought or buy only for the OBC, they are learning an expensive lesson.  The cruiselines use the OBC to prop up the stock price.  I am not sure how they would survive cancelled cruises worldwide if this virus spreads, ports are closed and people start requesting their deposits back.  There is only so much credit that can be extended.

Curious to see what happens.  Full disclosure: we own no stock or options -- have no short positions.

Edited by SunNFunCruzer
  • Like 2

The way I look at it, you only need 100 shares to get the OBC, so even at $50/share it's only a $5,000 investment.  For anybody out there that cruises on a regular basis, you've spent $5,000 in cruising over the years.  But agree if you don't have any, this is a good time to invest or wait just a lil bit more.  😉

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Just short of my offer today of 35.55 Darn.

Just realized that offer of $35.55 was yesterday. I did get another 100 for $35.75 today.  My wife has 100 at just over $41 so let's see if it continues to drop. Now is certainly the time to by just about buy any solid stock that is way down.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

Follow

35.80 USD −1.96 (5.19%)

IIRC, it was either 33 or 34. I'm guessing that by now it is below that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

IIRC, it was either 33 or 34. I'm guessing that by now it is below that.

Actually, no in after hours trading:

AFTER HOURS

Last Updated: Feb 25, 2020 7:59 p.m. ESTDelayed quote

$36.23

0.39 1.09%

After Hours Volume: 73.3K

Leisure/Arts/Hospitality  -6.79%

CLOSECHGCHG %

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Well, it opened this morning at $38.00 and closed a few minutes ago at $35.84. I have to admit it's looking pretty attractive.

I'm sold everything today, the IRA's turn into cash savings with interest so no penalties. This virus is not going away anytime soon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coevan said:

I'm sold everything today, the IRA's turn into cash savings with interest so no penalties. This virus is not going away anytime soon. 

No it's not coevan. I wish you well in your investment decisions. I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

People thought I was trolling when I said we sold off this summer and were waiting to buy again at 26. 

When you said that,  the virus had not even been discovered. What caused you to come to that conclusion?  Or were there other factors? Just asking.

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

When you said that,  the virus had not even been discovered. What caused you to come to that conclusion?  Or were there other factors? Just asking.

We sold in June I believe. My analysis was completely based on the market being overvalued and CCL's price being overvalued relative to the financial fundamentals. The virus is just the shock to the system that triggered the adjustment. I think if the supply chain is majorly disrupted and the world economy dries up for a few quarters, vacation/entertainment/discretionary businesses are going to get rocked. The only thing that was going to stop the bubble from bursting was an inflationary cycle but it appears that our central bankers don't want that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

We sold in June I believe. My analysis was completely based on the market being overvalued and CCL's price being overvalued relative to the financial fundamentals. The virus is just the shock to the system that triggered the adjustment. I think if the supply chain is majorly disrupted and the world economy dries up for a few quarters, vacation/entertainment/discretionary businesses are going to get rocked. The only thing that was going to stop the bubble from bursting was an inflationary cycle but it appears that our central bankers don't want that.

Thank you for your speedy reply. I'm not sure I agree with you, however. The market fundamentals show strength with a p/e of 8.9. That's not bad. With EPS of $4.33 and a yield of 5.58%, for  the average investor, those numbers don't look bad to me. Do you agree, or is there is something I'm missing, which is entirely possible?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

One word... Opportunity.

Ok. I concede. In June the price was $52.00. So basically short term trading? If that's the answer. You are correct. I'm an investor for the long haul. YMMV

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1