CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Literally the CDC is still changing their story on an almost daily basis. How could you hold the cruise lines liable for something they are still trying to figure out?

A 2nd year law student could successfully defend against any of these upcoming COVID-19 lawsuits.

The cruise lines took responsibility for thousands of passengers' and crew members' lives each time they sailed ... and each day in February and March when they left long-itinerary cruises out at sea. It was their job to make the safe decisions. They failed catastrophically.

(Indeed, the RCL news feed still comes up with new crew deaths from COVID even now. And it could be long into 2020 before we know the full, final total of cruise passengers who died of COVID weeks or more after disembarking. CCL and RCI  may be looking at a list of potential plaintiffs longer than the old NYC phone book).

If you believe Fain and Donald Arnold will dispatch a couple of 2L's and maybe an office intern to deal with the pesky nuisance suits ... well, you're fully entitled to your beliefs. 
  (Lord knows there were enough CC members very earnestly posting assurances in February about how this over-hyped virus would be gone by April Fool's Day and entirely forgotten before May).

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Hopefully, it will continue to rise once sailing begins.

Yup, I don't think there will be significant price appreciation until they are able to restart operating.  After that, the 2-3 year consensus price target is $38.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

The cruise lines took responsibility for thousands of passengers' and crew members' lives each time they sailed ... and each day in February and March when they left long-itinerary cruises out at sea. It was their job to make the safe decisions. They failed catastrophically.

(Indeed, the RCL news feed still comes up with new crew deaths from COVID even now. And it could be long into 2020 before we know the full, final total of cruise passengers who died of COVID weeks or more after disembarking. CCL and RCI  may be looking at a list of potential plaintiffs longer than the old NYC phone book).

If you believe Fain and Donald Arnold will dispatch a couple of 2L's and maybe an office intern to deal with the pesky nuisance suits ... well, you're fully entitled to your beliefs. 
  (Lord knows there were enough CC members very earnestly posting assurances in February about how this over-hyped virus would be gone by April Fool's Day and entirely forgotten before May).

1. When does anyone ever take responsibility for themselves?

I'm sure the cruise contract covers them on a lot of this. I know they have a lot of information in there about lack of medical availability. Regardless, if you stepped on a ship then that was your decision.

2. There would have to be proof that they had knowledge of the situation, had intent to ignore/cover-up that knowledge, and were negligent based on the knowledge they did have AND that a "reasonable" person would have acted differently in the same situation.

Again, there is no case here. That doesn't mean some wacko judge or jury might award some BS judgement but it won't stick and certainly wouldn't be paid at face value. (if at all) Of course, our wonderful biased "press" will beat the cruise lines to death during any lawsuits fled against the cruise lines and paint an one sided story for the public to hear. if there is a judgment they will plaster headlines with the award amount. When it is overturned on appeal or settled for pennies on the dollars that will be buried someone you'll need a deep water sub to find.

3. Are the grocery stores liable for COVID-19 deaths because they let someone in the grocery store and that person got the virus and died?

Again, the "press" will have no issue blowing this all out of proportion and giving misinformation with the full knowledge of what they are doing. If anyone in this country deserves to be sued it is them. LOL

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, NightOne said:

I'm sure the cruise contract covers them on a lot of this. I know they have a lot of information in there about lack of medical availability. Regardless, if you stepped on a ship then that was your decision.

2. There would have to be proof that they had knowledge of the situation, had intent to ignore/cover-up that knowledge, and were negligent based on the knowledge they did have AND that a "reasonable" person would have acted differently in the same situation.

Again, there is no case here. That doesn't mean some wacko judge or jury might award some BS judgement but it won't stick and certainly wouldn't be paid at face value. (if at all) Of course, our wonderful biased "press" will beat the cruise lines to death during any lawsuits fled against the cruise lines and paint an one sided story for the public to hear. if there is a judgment they will plaster headlines with the award amount. When it is overturned on appeal or settled for pennies on the dollars that will be buried someone you'll need a deep water sub to find.

3. Are the grocery stores liable for COVID-19 deaths because they let someone in the grocery store and that person got the virus and died?

Again, the "press" will have no issue blowing this all out of proportion and giving misinformation with the full knowledge of what they are doing. If anyone in this country deserves to be sued it is them. LOL

My thoughts exactly

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NightOne said:

Oh, I think between the Australian criminal inquiry, the U.S. Congressional investigation and the sea of civil litigation over CCL's atrocious misconduct, you'll surely see some folks taking the responsibility: That'll be the shareholders. 

Of course, Arnold Donald and pals will keep pocketing mega-$$ despite bungling this thing beyond belief. But perhaps that's been the story of life.

20 hours ago, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

Oh, I think between the Australian criminal inquiry, the U.S. Congressional investigation and the sea of civil litigation over CCL's atrocious misconduct, you'll surely see some folks taking the responsibility: That'll be the shareholders. 

Of course, Arnold Donald and pals will keep pocketing mega-$$ despite bungling this thing beyond belief. But perhaps that's been the story of life.

OK, tell Tattoo goodbye LOL

Not happening

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

Currently slightly below $12. Anyone thinks it will drop close to $7.80 again which it did at one point?

possibly, but it could be near the end for Carnival as we know it. Don't buy and sell if you have some 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 4:48 PM, EscapeFromConnecticut said:

I dont see any comments being directed at all the Ports for closing access and condemning those passengers to a closed environment that was assured to spread the virus and result in increased percentage of infections?  That's what was "bungled" in my opinion. Am pretty sure if they had let the passengers off of the ships and quarantined them in a more suitable environment allowing for better separation and care that there would have been a different story going around.  It was a virtual 100% guarantee in light of those denials to ships at sea to disembark that spread would be fast and assured due to the environment and conditions. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

So happy I bailed from CCL at $22.45  … 

I'm still interested in CCL, but want to wait patiently for the stock to stabilize.

Same here.  I sold my last 100 shares this week.  I feel like it will drop substantially again as more cruises are cancelled.  I figure I can buy it back at some point for at least what I sold it for if not quite a bit less.

On 6/13/2020 at 12:58 PM, kdr69 said:

I dont see any comments being directed at all the Ports for closing access and condemning those passengers to a closed environment that was assured to spread the virus and result in increased percentage of infections?  That's what was "bungled" in my opinion. Am pretty sure if they had let the passengers off of the ships and quarantined them in a more suitable environment allowing for better separation and care that there would have been a different story going around.  It was a virtual 100% guarantee in light of those denials to ships at sea to disembark that spread would be fast and assured due to the environment and conditions. 

The "guarantee" was Princess, Carnival, HAL and others continuing to dispatch new cruises long after the quarantine in Japan .... the world knew trouble was coming, but CCL's braintrust said "full speed ahead."

The ports didn't make those decisions, the hospitals and ICU workers didn't, the Coast Guard didn't .... that was entirely on the heads of the cruise execs. 

I decided to sell 600 shares of Carnival stock and hang on to my last 100.  I also sold 50 shares of Royal.  I made around $4,200 on Carnival and $1,400 on Royal.  The airlines stocks look good, so I am hanging on to those.  If Carnival or Royal takes a big plunge, I will probably buy more.  Same for the airlines.  I am really glad I was more aggressive with United, because I caught that a very good low.  Anyway, when the stocks plunge, I will definitely be ready to buy again.  

Edited by TNcruising02

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

I decided to sell 600 shares of Carnival stock and hang on to my last 100.  I also sold 50 shares of Royal.  I made around $4,200 on Carnival and $1,400 on Royal.  The airlines stocks look good, so I am hanging on to those.  If Carnival or Royal takes a big plunge, I will probably buy more.  Same for the airlines.  I am really glad I was more aggressive with United, because I caught that a very good low.  Anyway, when the stocks plunge, I will definitely be ready to buy again.  

Currently I own 500 Carnival and so does my wife. I only own 100 of Royal and paid $28.00 for it. I will also buy more Royal if if dips that low again. Wife said no more at the time. If I had at least 100 more I could have sold it a few weeks ago when it went crazy high. I want to keep 100 for the OBC.

• Like 2

This morning was a good time to sell the stock I bought for $10 or less.  I think it will take a little plunge.  If it goes low enough, I might purchase more.  I had already decided on Friday to sell on Monday morning.  I still have 100 Carnival shares that I will always keep for the OBC because I plan on continuing to cruise on  Carnival.  Any shares I purchase in the future will be for investment purposes.  I really like the 100 OBC.  That will come in handy for cruises to come.

Edited by TNcruising02

20 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Agree. So far my only cruise stock which is down is RCL. Bought at 57, now it's 52.Bought CCL at 13 and NCL at 7.9. Those are doing well at this point. Only have one airline stock (ALGT) which I bought at 94 and it's up to 110 as of yesterday. Some days are nervous, but I think in the long term all will do well. Hope I'm right!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Currently I own 500 Carnival and so does my wife. I only own 100 of Royal and paid $28.00 for it. I will also buy more Royal if if dips that low again. Wife said no more at the time. If I had at least 100 more I could have sold it a few weeks ago when it went crazy high. I want to keep 100 for the OBC.

I would hold the stock at least until there is a vaccine.  When they announce a vaccine, CCL will really take off.  You really couldn't buy a better stock to bet on the vaccine.

Edited by travelhound
  • Like 2

Holding is good. I figured I would sell and buy more when it dips again. I got United at $20.50 and that was a great deal at the time. I think airline stocks are still a great deal. I think Carnival is too. But I am guessing it might hit $8 again. We will see. 

• Like 2