CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

Bought 13 at 39.42 when it went under 40. Bought 87 at 38. Lost $1000 already, should have looked at buying under 30 instead of under 40. Just put order in for 100 if it goes under 22. If it goes to that, I hope I don't regret not putting the limit at 19.50.

• Like 1

Cannot become a millionaire on 100 shares folks!

This stock will go back up as cruising is still very hot - The industry have over 250 ships on order over the next 10 years. 

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

But I am not buying until 20!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lottacruises said:

Hopefully you'll be just as happy if it goes to $18 a share

I am happy with my purchase.  I feel confident that when this current media frenzy blows over, the stock will increase in value again.  You never really know when a stock will hit the bottom, so it's always a guess. I've got a cruise in April, so it looks like I will get a $100 OBC.  That's nice.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 10:11 PM, Joe817 said:

Thank you for your speedy reply. I'm not sure I agree with you, however. The market fundamentals show strength with a p/e of 8.9. That's not bad. With EPS of $4.33 and a yield of 5.58%, for  the average investor, those numbers don't look bad to me. Do you agree, or is there is something I'm missing, which is entirely possible?

Dont expect a response...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canes20 said:

Bought 13 at 39.42 when it went under 40. Bought 87 at 38. Lost $1000 already, should have looked at buying under 30 instead of under 40. Just put order in for 100 if it goes under 22. If it goes to that, I hope I don't regret not putting the limit at 19.50.

You and I are somewhat on the same page -- at least in the same chapter.

There's no such thing as a bedrock bottom, but I see 21-23 as close to concrete.  If it breaks that range it's a falling knife.  If it holds in that range I am probably in ...  but only when it is on the way back up.

Meanwhile happy sailing.

• Like 1

I thought the floor was 37 not that long ago. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but something to consider .. As best I can tell there is now 2  cases in the Caribbean. Considering the summer season coming up and how much of Carnivals business is in the Caribbean, It's possible we could see wide spread cancellations. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

Dont expect a response...

I think that poster did, not by me or directly quoting that person.

Over leveraged, high debt, unknown valuation, etc.

I am by no means an expert, but the p/e is all below 10 on ccl, nclh, rci. Not sure how reliable the p/e is when all your competitors are all around the same range. If someone knows, please chime in.

Edited by Farts

20 minutes ago, Farts said:

I think that poster did, not by me or directly quoting that person.

Over leveraged, high debt, unknown valuation, etc.

I am by no means an expert, but the p/e is all below 10 on ccl, nclh, rci. Not sure how reliable the p/e is when all your competitors are all around the same range. If someone knows, please chime in.

I just realized that was directed at me, I’m pretty sure I answered without a quote but if not my bad!

i agree with your assessment other than the P/E. P/E is a good thing to look at but everyone knows/looks at it so in order to actually beat the market, one strategy is to try to make your own earnings estimate. Some much more sophisticated people (my son) do this for a living and get very precise with number crunching. 

I don’t have the time, expertise or access to data to do this precisely....but I like to estimate in my head whether I think the earnings for the next 4-6 quarters will be on track, higher or lower. In this case, I think there’s a lot of things going on with the world that would indicate that the earnings over this time frame will be lower. So even tho the p/e based on the old numbers is around a 6, the estimated new number may put the p/e at 14-18 (my thoughts). 

Ive done ok witb the market but im not an expert just very fascinated hy it. If I knew everything, i wouldn’t have maxed out my 401k contributions for the year already and would have bought the dip 😂😂. I was so mad when I maxed mine out the day before the market started tanking 😥

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, deadmoney said:

Have a but in at 25 and considering moving it down to 22

It already hit 23 today and is currently selling at 24.31. Did you end up buying at 25 or move it down to 22?

On 3/2/2020 at 11:39 AM, VentureMan_2000 said:

Just bought  100 shares this morning for $31.50 -- Analysts have CCL as a 'HOLD'.

Analysts run algorithms based on prior data.  Many are not sophisticated enough to consider world markets and current events. 

3 minutes ago, vlynn said:

Just bought 100 share this morning for 24$. How do we get the OBC? Is there a form or something? Thanks! 

Buy another 100.  As it goes up you sell off the first 100 and still own 100 risk free IJS

• Like 3