Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Aj101

Luggage Tag Holders?

Recommended Posts

For those who print their own luggage tags do you buy plastic covers for them?    Our TA use to send us tags and covers but this time we are printing them.   This may be a silly question!   Thanks in advance...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't. DH puts two on each bag (top and side) and in 20 HAL cruises we only lost one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to put packing tape on the tags to make them stronger. But now have the luggage tags. You can buy them on Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Aj101 said:

For those who print their own luggage tags do you buy plastic covers for them?  

 

I use our gifted HAL plastic luggage tags and insert a printed copy inside.  BUT, since those tags aren't easy to read at a glance and guessing it might be easier for the HAL crew, I also attach a full paper tag (folded, stapled, etc as shown) to each bag. (Probably overkill...) BTW, I attach both the HAL plastic tags and the printed paper tags after our airport arrival and before the seaport so the airlines aren't confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of the bashing that the tags and baggage get during flights we do not attach the tags to the bags until leaving our hotel the morning of the cruise.  We have them already printed and just borrow a stapler from reception.  This last cruise I forgot to attach the tags and when we got to Port Everglades the porter said that he had a stapler in his pocket!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Because of the bashing that the tags and baggage get during flights we do not attach the tags to the bags until leaving our hotel the morning of the cruise.  We have them already printed and just borrow a stapler from reception.  This last cruise I forgot to attach the tags and when we got to Port Everglades the porter said that he had a stapler in his pocket!

It’s always handy to have a stapler in your pocket 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did buy some reusable luggage tag holders. I thought they worked very well. We attached them prior to arriving at the Port.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just laminate ours.  If we have a phenomenal cruise, DH likes to save one. 😉 

Sheets are available at the dollar store for $1 (3 sheets).  3 is plenty to do as many luggage tags as you need 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kazu said:

I just laminate ours.  If we have a phenomenal cruise, DH likes to save one. 😉 

Sheets are available at the dollar store for $1 (3 sheets).  3 is plenty to do as many luggage tags as you need 😉 

Great idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aj101 said:

Great idea!

 

Just punch a hole in them before you go and take some ties and you’re all set.

I also put one in each piece of checked in luggage “in case”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we had to first print our own luggage tags way back around 2009, I made plastic covers for them.  Have used the covers many times over the years.

 

When we are ready to leave the hotel, I just use cable ties to attach them to the luggage.  I do put 2 tags on each piece of luggage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 510picker said:

Bought these from Amazon and they work great. Like others have said, we don't attach these until we are ready to head to the port.

 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BVFA00/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Very handy and they sell  exactly the size for HAL cruises too. 🙂 no need for staplers any more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom O. said:

 

That is what we use too. They are very strong.

Hmmm might have to order those.  They are multiple use I'm guessing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

Hmmm might have to order those.  They are multiple use I'm guessing?


We’ve used the same ones on several cruises. I bought the larger pack of them and share with friends and family when they cruise with us. I just got tired of having to find a stapler and this definitely solved the problem. I expect to use these for many years to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kazu said:

 

Just punch a hole in them before you go and take some ties and you’re all set.

I also put one in each piece of checked in luggage “in case”.

That's exactly what I do and use cable ties from the dollar store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We use clear packing tape, then punch a hole in them and fix them on with a cable tie. Strong and doesn't suffer if there is a downpour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

Hmmm might have to order those.  They are multiple use I'm guessing?

We bought the same tags from Amazon 4 years ago, and we cruise 2x/year. They still look brand new--they are super easy to use as there is a "Ziploc" top to secure tag, a reinforced metal grommet where the cable runs through, and the cable is multi-braid metal with a super secure closure. I think these will last for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cailey53 said:

We bought the same tags from Amazon 4 years ago, and we cruise 2x/year. They still look brand new--they are super easy to use as there is a "Ziploc" top to secure tag, a reinforced metal grommet where the cable runs through, and the cable is multi-braid metal with a super secure closure. I think these will last for years.

We have some version of these, also bought from Amazon.  They are great, and it saves having to carry or hunt for a stapler.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...