Cruise Critic Community
Travel To Be Free

Is LaSpezia still a Tender Port?

We docked last year in LaSpezia, but I see where someone had mentioned tendering here.  Maybe that was old information.  Does anyone know if ALL SHIPS are docked or if some are tendered?

Do happen to know this for Kotor and Toulon?

Thanks so much!!

I am also looking for a tour company from La Spezia, would like to do Pisa and Lucca tour. Any recommendations?

La Spezia has one docking space and in case there´s a second ship in port that second ship has to tender. Usually the bigger ship gets the docking space (like Oasis Class ship - this year Allure of the Seas - will dock and a second has to tender).

steamboats

5 hours ago, steamboats said:

La Spezia has one docking space and in case there´s a second ship in port that second ship has to tender. Usually the bigger ship gets the docking space (like Oasis Class ship - this year Allure of the Seas - will dock and a second has to tender).

steamboats

Do you know on September 3, 2020 what ships will be in?  Our ship is the Constellation of the Seas and I'm hoping we're able to dock.  🙂

Constellation of the Seas ;-)? Must be a new ship! According to one website there are actually three ships in port:

Celebrity Constellation

Mein Schiff 2

Riviera

So it´s hard to tell which ship is tendering. I saw the Mein Schiff fleet tendering in La Spezia. But their website is currently not working so I can´t check.

steamboats

I checked with the cruise line and Celebrity Constellation will be docked.  I have two cruises I'm planning at the moment, so I messed up the name of the ship earlier.  lol

On the question regarding Pisa and Lucca, our ship has a pretty reasonable priced tour to those two cities.  You may want to check your excursions.  

As far as I remember there are offers for mini bus transfers to Pisa, Florence and maybe Lucca in the cruise terminal building. Haven´t used them.

steamboats