Captain Club Points - Cancelled Paid Cruise

dazey

If we have paid for our cruise(and certainly would like to take it) but have to cancel because of the Caranovirus, do we still get the points?  Sounds like a silly question but I may be in that situation. Booked this cruise to get points to become Elite for our next cuirse and now with this virus issue may have be able to go.

Sorry but one must actually sail in order to be awarded Captain's Club points following cruise completion...  Regardless of whether one has paid for a cruise, points are not awarded in the event of cancellation...

• Thanks 1

I didn't think it was a stupid question.  I had to cancel a trip when in 100% penalty phase.  I thought it would be reasonable to get points for the trip I paid for.   I also thought I should get the OBC my TA was giving me for booking with them as they got paid their entire commission.  I did complain when they charged me $100 cancellation fee as well.  They did credit me that $100 as OBC on a subsequent booking but this did lead me to no longer book with that TA.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I didn't think it was a stupid question.  I had to cancel a trip when in 100% penalty phase.  I thought it would be reasonable to get points for the trip I paid for.   I also thought I should get the OBC my TA was giving me for booking with them as they got paid their entire commission.  I did complain when they charged me $100 cancellation fee as well.  They did credit me that $100 as OBC on a subsequent booking but this did lead me to no longer book with that TA.

Neither would I.  

2 hours ago, GerScot said:

And would any drinks/internet packages still be active????

Internet, on The Diamond, was at no charge....

I do not think that anyone will be serving alcoholic beverages in any capacity, with the exception of what anyone may have brought aboard at embarkation...

bon voyage

11 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

And if you get quarantined and spend more days on the ship, do you get extra points?

It reminds me of this very old, but true, story about frequent flyer miles and the hijacking of TWA 847 in 1985 when pretty much the only way to earn frequent flyer miles was to actually fly: https://apnews.com/38cf952b3d8a81eb9b53cd17a13582a9

I don't mean to make light of this incident as there was an American serviceman who was a passenger on board the flight that was murdered.  But I found it interesting that a passenger had the presence of mind after the hijacking to request their frequent flyer miles.