Coronavirus and Last Payment Date?

stevendom57

Hypothetical.

I have an NCL cruise scheduled for September, so my final payment date is in May. What happens if May rolls up and, just before payment date, they decide to stop cruises into and out of Italy? If I don't pay, I lose my reservation. But can I pay for a cruise that, at the moment, is not going to occur?

Just wondering.

Steven

If they cancel your cruise, they will refund any money that you paid to them.  But there are a number of other things they might do - and cancelling a cruise 4 months in advance is highly unlikely.  They are more likely to change the itinerary and offer you some OBC or allow you to book a different cruise.

My TA is in 7 weeks and we have two ports in Italy Florence and Rome. We are past final payment and the only thing I can wait for is for NCL to cancel the cruise. Changing ports would be highly unlikely since we are doing 4 Spain ports, 2 Portugal ports and a French one. 

Edited by pamrose228

36 minutes ago, pamrose228 said:

My TA is in 7 weeks and we have two ports in Italy Florence and Rome. We are past final payment and the only thing I can wait for is for NCL to cancel the cruise. Changing ports would be highly unlikely since we are doing 4 Spain ports, 2 Portugal ports and a French one. 

Said the people who packed for Bermuda and ended up in Canada....... 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pamrose228 said:

I’m on the same cruise.  I don’t have a real problem with changing the itinerary.  Changing the flight home from Rome would be the bigger challenge I suspect.  We’ll see what happens.

18 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

I’m on the same cruise.  I don’t have a real problem with changing the itinerary.  Changing the flight home from Rome would be the bigger challenge I suspect.  We’ll see what happens.

We are on the cruise too. Changing flights will be a nightmare for us but I am afraid that the ports could be significantly changed. I was on the infamous Carnival Miracle cruise that went from the Caribbean to Newport Rhode Island and it was not fun. But, you can’t compare a Caribbean cruise to a TA Mediterranean cruise. I am worried that the virus will spread to Spain, France etc. This virus is no joke and I would rather cancel the whole cruise than jeopardize anyone’s health.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pamrose228 said:

The outbreak in Italy is no where near Rome or Florence. I wouldn’t worry about it ... yet.

3 hours ago, pamrose228 said:

The ship needs to be repositioned. So, the TA won't be cancelled. And, unless a port is closed, they probably won't change a lot. Enjoy your TA. 

Healt Alert:U.S. Consulate Florence, Italy February 24, 2020

Health Alert – U.S. Consulate Florence, Italy February 24, 2020

Event:  Although there have been no confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Tuscany, Emilia-Romagna, or the Republic of San Marino, U.S. Consulate General Florence recommends that individuals exercise caution and take the actions listed below.  For regional government guidance on local closures, requirements, and procedures, please monitor the websites of the Tuscany Government, their Coronavirus notices website and the website of the Emilia-Romagna Government

• The Region of Tuscany’s coronavirus hotline is 800.556060 (available from 9 am to 3 pm Monday through Friday).

The U.S. Consulate General in Florence continues to offer full consular services.

Actions to Take:

·         Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.

·         Review the Embassy’s latest alerts for additional information regarding COVID-19 in Italy.

·         Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.

·         Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.

·         Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.

·         Avoid close contact with people who are sick.

·         Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.

Assistance:

·             U.S. Consulate General Florence, Italy

·             +39 06-4674-1

·             USCitizensFlorence@State.Gov

·             https://it.usembassy.gov/

·             State Department - Consular Affairs

·             By Phone: +1 888 407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444

·             Italy
Country Information

4 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

Hypothetical. I have an NCL cruise scheduled for September, so my final payment date is in May. What happens if May rolls up and, just before payment date, they decide to stop cruises into and out of Italy? If I don't pay, I lose my reservation. But can I pay for a cruise that, at the moment, is not going to occur? Just wondering.

Steven

Can you pay for a non-cancelled cruise? Yes. You must pay for your non-cancelled cruise by May. 

BTW: did you know that there is COVID-19 cases in Texas? No one has stopped traveling to Texas. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1