Here’s a picture of my drink

Harrietq

3 minutes ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

That waiter is who messed things up for you. To the other waiters, it probably looked like you were already helped. 

I may not have been too clear in my original post. The service during my entire cruise was exemplified by the napkin picture. I was invisible in the main dining room and any bar. Even when I would stand at the bar and wait my turn, the bartenders usually 70%+ of the time would turn to those holding an empty cocktail glass rather than serve me my Coke package soda. 

Live and learn, and I did. 

22 minutes ago, Harrietq said:

I may not have been too clear in my original post. The service during my entire cruise was exemplified by the napkin picture. I was invisible in the main dining room and any bar. Even when I would stand at the bar and wait my turn, the bartenders usually 70%+ of the time would turn to those holding an empty cocktail glass rather than serve me my Coke package soda. 

Live and learn, and I did. 

At that point, I would say something to the bar tender after he/she pass me by (after my turn).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geocruiser said:

At that point, I would say something to the bar tender after he/she pass me by (after my turn).

I know I should have, but I’m not terribly assertive and after a couple times doing just that, it just didn’t seem worth the negative feelings I was giving myself. It wasn’t that the other passengers were pushing ahead, it was the bartenders/servers. I took it to Guest Relations and they were very apologetic and assured me they would contact the appropriate management. Your suggestion is a sound one (for someone less wimpy than me!).

1 hour ago, DFWGUYZ said:

Do cocktail bartenders, waiters or waitress receive the 15% gratuity on the Coke beverage packages or have you already paid that in advance?  

I’m not sure as I’m a first time HAL passenger, and not well-versed in the details of the packages. Sorry!

4 hours ago, DFWGUYZ said:

Do cocktail bartenders, waiters or waitress receive the 15% gratuity on the Coke beverage packages or have you already paid that in advance?  

I know, if you have a soda card, the cost of the drink plus gratuity is removed from the card when you order a drink.  That's how it's worked on all our cruises with a soda card.  And no delay in getting "just a coke, please".

Not sure how it works with packages (or if a "package" is the same as a "card").

• Thanks 2

I cruise both solo and with She Who Must Be Obeyed and have never, ever been ignored for bar service.  Each evening as I order my first drink, I wrap a two dollar bill around my cruise card as I hand it to the server.  A two dollar bill is unusual and I've found that it helps them remember my name and my drink. If I move to another venue for another drink, I'll do the same thing. Plus, I always smile and inquire about their day, etc. etc.

The first thing you know, the servers from several venues know me and hustle right over, they keep an eye on me for a refill, and I find that I'm getting more generous pours and from the top shelf and not the well.  And all it costs me is a few dollars each evening.  

TIPS - To Insure Prompt Service

5 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

A two dollar bill is unusual...

SaragassoPirate, a quick OT question:  Since $2 bills aren't often in general circulation, are you able to readily get $2 bills at your bank or does the bank have to order them for you? Thanks.

17 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

SaragassoPirate, a quick OT question:  Since $2 bills aren't often in general circulation, are you able to readily get $2 bills at your bank or does the bank have to order them for you? Thanks.

Great question.  I order a wrapper's worth every so often from my bank.  I can't recall for sure, but I think it's $200.  That way they are also nice and crisp.

My father and father-in-law were both advocates of the two dollar bill, something they picked up in the Navy during WWII.