Harvest Cay Beach?

puente0629

Hello! 😁

One of the ports our cruise goes to is Harvest Cay, was wondering if it's even worth getting off the cruise ship? Is the water nice? Clear like the Bahamas? We are debating staying on and enjoying the water park and ropes course while docked here. 

Friends off before me told me that the sand isn't nice (not as soft as other places) and the water was choppy so I just joined them at the pool and never made it to the beach. I'm personally unlikely to get off again, but it was a nice big pool with lots of space if that's your thing. 

I was there in January and thought both the beach and water were quite nice.  I prefer a beach to a pool any day, and spent lots of time in the water.  We did not have beach shoes or anything and I thought the sand seemed perfectly fine. And the bottom of the swim area was smooth- no rocks.

At the moment the pier at Harvest Caye is damaged and ships must tender. This will make getting ashore on a Breakaway/Breakaway plus class ship a real pain if you do not have a ship sponsored tour or priority status. Hopefully the pier will be in use when you arrive.

Harvest Caye definitely IS beautiful.  The beach was nice, the water had a decent amount of seaweed, but its natural, nothing that can really be done about it.  There were enough loungers at the beach because everyone and their mother took the loungers at the pool.  The pool is AMAZING, clean, crisp and gigantic.  Nice little waterfall feature under the pedestrian bridge, very little shade at in the pool.  

Those are the positives.....if you do plan on staying on the ship, you'll enjoy free food, free drinks (assuming you have the drink package), and free everything else....NOTHING is free on the island, even if you have the drink package, beers cost at least $10, forget food...you're stuck, unless you go back on the ship.  

• Like 2

Harvest Caye is fake Belize, take the ferry over to Placencia  to see real Belize (it's an eye-opener) . Ferry leaves from the same dock as the shore excursions, and only takes 10 minutes or so. You may be able to get ferry tickets from the shore excursion desk on the ship. If I recall right it was only a few dollars

• Like 1

I prefer the freshwater pool to the beach. They did a great job with the pool! The beach, in my opinion, is just ok. It can be windy, which creates waves and clouds up the water. Great Stirrup Cay has wonderful beaches, much better than Harvest, IMO.