Can't decide

LATechMom

Any recommendations between Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach or Playa Mia? We are a retired couple in our late 50s. We want a great place to lay on the beach and have a few good drinks and something good to eat. Are the three basically the same? Thanks for the insight everyone!!!

As a transplanted Okie, let me offer you a big Howdy and say welcome to the boards!Ā šŸ¤ 

Ā 

If you are not interested in an all-inclusive (food/drinks) option then Paradise Beach is your best bet - great facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach, plus good food, drinks, and service.

Ā 

Sanchos is primarily focused on all-inclusive and can get a little more crowded and "lively" than PB.Ā  Playa Mia attracts more families with toddlers because of their kiddie water park and does not get many good reviews for food/drinks.

Ā 

Another All-Inclusive option to consider is Nachi Cocom - quiet, relaxing and never crowded (limited to 130 guests per day).Ā  Great food, drinks and service, nice beach, small pool, good facilities.

Ā 

All will be about a $15-17 taxi ride from the piers.Ā  Have a great cruise!Ā šŸ˜Ž

We went to Paradise Beach last September and are going to Sancho's over Spring Break. Paradise was very laid back, food and drinks were great. We had our 4 yr old grandson with us then and he loved the pool. Service was wonderful! I've heard Sancho's is a bit more active, and since this is a girls' trip with 7 of us going, we decided to try it. Just pick one and go with it!

• 3 months later...

If you are interested in something not crowded and quiet, try Corona Beach or Playa Corona. No cover, pay as you go, cold beer and margaritas, great ceviche, good tacos. Not much of a beach but more of a snorkeling area with half way decent snorkeling. Easy entry and exit to the water. About a $10 cab ride from the Carnival pier. You can see the Carnival pier off in the distance from Corona. My wife and I stopped doing tours several years ago and go here every opportunity. Palapas' , shower to rinse off and massage if you desire.

• Like 1