Liberty March 1 has Diamonds Galore

lovescats5

Just talked to the concierge, Francis, on Liberty and on the March 1 sailing they are expecting 300 Diamond, Diamond + people on board.  We will turn Diamond March 2, and not really disappointed now that we will not be able to use the Diamond room.  We will be more than happy to stay in the Suite Lounge with the P's instead of Diamond Lounge.  Can only imagine the crowded room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Just talked to the concierge, Francis, on Liberty and on the March 1 sailing they are expecting 300 Diamond, Diamond + people on board.  We will turn Diamond March 2, and not really disappointed now that we will not be able to use the Diamond room.  We will be more than happy to stay in the Suite Lounge with the P's instead of Diamond Lounge.  Can only imagine the crowded room.

Swarm is the proper term 😉 

Also you don't turn Diamond on the cruise 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Swarm is the proper term 😉 

Also you don't turn Diamond on the cruise 

Swarm...LOL!!  Love it!  😉 

Agree...we all technically turn a level at some point on a cruise.

OP:  You will get the actual level and perks once you finish that cruise and have points awarded to your account 5-8 days after completion.  The only level that gets recognized on the cruise that you earned the points...is Pinnacle, but usually don't get the perks until the next cruise as well. 

BTW:  300 total Ds, D+, and Pinnacles as a total is not that high of a number, and is actually lower than most.  Have been on many a cruise that had numbers over 800.  

I know we don't turn Diamond in RCI eyes, but we hit the points.  After all, if you hit the number of points to become a pinnacle you get acknowledged.  Should be the same for the other levels also.  In any case, I would rather be in the Suite Lounge that Diamond Lounge.  I do not think we have ever been on a cruise with that many D, D+ although I do not think it will impact our cruise in any way.  Diamond is a non issue for us as the next 4 cruises will be back to Star Class.  Way easier to deal with all the arrangements with a genie doing it.  Still that Diamond on our sea pass card in September will be fun.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

300 isn't that high.  That seems like a pretty typical number these days.

It didn’t seem high to me either. Ships are loaded with Diamond cruisers.  We have about 225 D and D+ on Rhapsody (plus 28   Pinnacles) this week. 

m

5 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

I know we don't turn Diamond in RCI eyes, but we hit the points.  After all, if you hit the number of points to become a pinnacle you get acknowledged.  Should be the same for the other levels also.  In any case, I would rather be in the Suite Lounge that Diamond Lounge.  I do not think we have ever been on a cruise with that many D, D+ although I do not think it will impact our cruise in any way.  Diamond is a non issue for us as the next 4 cruises will be back to Star Class.  Way easier to deal with all the arrangements with a genie doing it.  Still that Diamond on our sea pass card in September will be fun.

I'm glad RC doesn't recognize D and D+ until after the cruise is complete. It must be an issues as you are the one that brought it up. Ya gotta love all those that are not in the upper three tier level but will whine about it. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree...that's actually very low.  We have 29 Ps, and over 300 Ds/D+ on little Rhapsody right now.  

Just wrote something similar, although I had heard our diamond/diamond plus count was slightly lower. ( didn’t matter, still on the low side).  

Are you going to the top-tier tonight? I’d love to meet you, how will I pick you out? 
marci. 

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It didn’t seem high to me either. Ships are loaded with Diamond cruisers.  We have about 225 D and D+ on Rhapsody (plus 28   Pinnacles) this week. 

m

At least RH has a great DL.  Are they using to the adjacent lounge (can't remember the name) as spillover?

7 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Technically you hit the points once they post to your account. 

New Diamonds are not announced to the world so what purpose would it serve for Royal to acknowledge you are Diamond but still give you no benefits until the next cruise?  

Edited by twangster

13 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Pins get acknowledged, but generally don't get perks

And I've read, some future Pins dont want to be acknowledged on the voyage they 'cross over'😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I'm glad RC doesn't recognize D and D+ until after the cruise is complete. It must be an issues as you are the one that brought it up.

It was so much easier before the conversion in 2011, when most people just got one or two credits per cruise. It was  rare for someone to change  categories, unless they received two credits for a particular sailing.  Since it was just one credit per sailing, it would be impossible as even one credit away wasn’t applied until after the cruise. 

Now with the credits,  folks are moving up all the time. 

m