Cruise port to hotel- Amsterdam

sally4909

Our group of 8  will be on the Relection of the Seas round trip Amsterdam. We will be staying in Amsterdam for a couple of days after the cruise and need transportation to Banks Mansion. It is easy to get transportation from the airport to the ship, but am having trouble finding ship to hotel. If anyone has suggestions for private transportation, it would be appreciated. We do not want to go by Train or other public transportation. Thanks so much.

1 hour ago, sally4909 said:

Our group of 8  will be on the Relection of the Seas round trip Amsterdam. We will be staying in Amsterdam for a couple of days after the cruise and need transportation to Banks Mansion. It is easy to get transportation from the airport to the ship, but am having trouble finding ship to hotel. If anyone has suggestions for private transportation, it would be appreciated. We do not want to go by Train or other public transportation. Thanks so much.

Having docked at Amsterdam’s cruise passenger terminal last year, I know the city center is in walking distance. Therefore, I’m guessing taxis must be plentiful at the terminal.

3 hours ago, sally4909 said:

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions. I have an uber account in the US. Can that be used in Amsterdami? I will lokk into airportstaxitransfers.com. as well.

It sure can - the fare will be charged in local currency so it may trigger an additional foreign transaction fee depending on the credit card linked to your account. Otherwise, the app works just like it does in the US. 

One difference, though, are the cars themselves. Most cars are small and have limited trunk space. While there may be the same 'XL' option, there may not be many 'XL' cars when you need one. Just something to consider if you will be traveling with lots of luggage.