Sending Carnival stock credit by e-mail?

calteacher

We've been CCL stockholders for many years and always use these benefits.  I am looking at the form for my upcoming cruise.  It says fax or mail.  I've asked TA's and Princess employees in the past.  They've all confirmed that these are the only options.  If you are short on time, you may wish to visit a Kinko's or similar and pay to use their fax.

Cheers

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, calteacher said:

Without a land line, we cannot fax a copy of my Carnival stock to get the OBC.  Has anyone had success with trying to e-mail the proof of ownership?

Do you have VOIP or are just using your cell phone? Some VOIP providers provide email to fax. That is how I send faxes, our work VOIP  provides it and I can send from anywhere, even my phone.

Otherwise the free fax services or most of the pay email faxes offer a free  trial.

Worse case you can send faxes from a UPS store but at that point you might as well mail it.

A-

I sent an email once, and they processed it but with a stern warning that it was not the procedure and I should not do it that way in the future.  So I don’t.

I mail it in often, and they process it immediately. By a week later, it usually shows up online if I check my booking confirmation from the big box travel agency I use.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

7 hours ago, Crew News said:

I have emailed my CCL holding reports (.pdf) to my PCC for the past 12 years and I receive an updated booking that includes the OBC within 24 hours.

My PCC used to do this for me, but a couple of months ago she said that she was no longer able to do it, so I faxed it myself.  I think that it actually worked out better for me this way, as I ended up getting $125 instead of $100 on each of my back to back cruises.  If I had the PCC do it, this might not have happened (as I sent my two requests together so HAL office know it was 14 days total).

13 hours ago, calteacher said:

Without a land line, we cannot fax a copy of my Carnival stock to get the OBC.  Has anyone had success with trying to e-mail the proof of ownership?

I have! 😁 But, my holding is Carnival PLC and I email it to HAL UK.

13 hours ago, calteacher said:

Has anyone had success with trying to e-mail the proof of ownership?

In a word, yes. 

I routinely e-mail to world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com and, consequently, I have received this e-mail variant more than a few times ...   

Dear Mr. YXU AC*SE

Thank you for your request to have a shipboard credit applied to reservation [redacted] based on your status as a CCL stockholder.
 Financial compliance laws prohibit us from accepting and transmitting unsecured email of guest financial records. Guest’s personal financial data is subject to risk traveling through internet servers. Please send future proof of eligibility by fax at 206.501.2620 or direct mail to:

Holland America Line
Attn: WCR
450 Third Ave. W.
Seattle, WA  98119

We have made a one-time exception and applied the ship board credit of $250.00 and it will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation. Please contact your Travel Adviser for additional information.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future.

Kind Regards,

[name redacted]
World Cruise Reservations
Holland America Line 
Phone:800-522-3399
Fax #206-270-6080
world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

Scott. 

• Thanks 1