Guess what? I got Liberty OTS after all, ... just this minute

firefly333

Liberty OTS been playing games with me when I tried to book solo, more than 200%.

Enchantment had a cabin this morning... and then someone grabbed it, and I kept checking, and clicked thru on liberty and voila, got it for 200% and it said $45 off which was odd.

The lady who gave me her phone number last week still on vacation, so I just called anyone, and he said its $50 off, but came up with the same price I was seeing.

Deck 6, better than I expected. Prices are changing so fast. I just said I'll take it. Excited and a little scared. (Lots of well meant advise not to book).

Glad I held out for Libetty. Who ever said to me, they would hold out for liberty, thank you. Turned out I got a better cabin on the ship I wanted. Though april, not march, but that's ok, less than a month later. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just to give a idea how fast prices are changing ... I did a mock booking and now it says same price for every deck. I looked up all the cabins on deck 9, and called back.

He said he cant find one same category but he can put me more midship deck 10. I cant even find deck 10, my booking deck plans stop at deck 9.

He says he already changed me to deck 10 then. .. now if I can only find deck plans that show deck 10.

Prices dropped that fast in the last 2 hours. ... pick a deck ... any deck. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Liberty OTS been playing games with me when I tried to book solo, more than 200%.

This will happen when trying to book solo online when there's a "second passenger half off" type sale going on.  When you book just one person, the computer doesn't figure in the sale because there isn't a second person to discount -- it just charges you the single supplement on the solo/first passenger's fare.

You can get around this by either booking for two people and having the second person be John Doe (and John's fare will be discounted at the sale price) or by calling and talking to a Royal Caribbean sales person, or by booking through a Travel Agent.  When booking on the phone or with a TA, they can apply the discount pricing the same as if you had two people, instead of 200% of the first person's fare.

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Just to give a idea how fast prices are changing ... I did a mock booking and now it says same price for every deck. I looked up all the cabins on deck 9, and called back.

He said he cant find one same category but he can put me more midship deck 10. I cant even find deck 10, my booking deck plans stop at deck 9.

He says he already changed me to deck 10 then. .. now if I can only find deck plans that show deck 10.

Prices dropped that fast in the last 2 hours. ... pick a deck ... any deck. 

Deck 10 is under pool deck

I called and she got same result. When I was looking at cabins there are a lot of rooms for 3 and quads unbooked.

I went to the roll call and someone posted in February this was a sold out cruise, so lots cancelled I guess.

Guy was looking to upgrade to a JS, I said go look, the price doesnt look bad. Every category suddenly open. 

I know they dont want me to book a cabin for 4, I can see that, but they must have opened those too for regular non families, because I saw cabins all over the ship open that I couldnt book before. 

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Deck 10 is under pool deck

Oh lol. Well I'm near a card room, maybe I'll bump into some bridge players. 

That's why it was open. Well, I think I'll keep it. Before I was all the way forward, and we hit choppy water and kept me awake. The sound like hitting a rock so loud. 

I couldnt even find a regular cabin that wasnt meant for a family until last night. 

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Oh lol. Well I'm near a card room, maybe I'll bump into some bridge players. 

That's why it was open. Well, I think I'll keep it. Before I was all the way forward, and we hit choppy water and kept me awake. The sound like hitting a rock so loud. 

I couldnt even find a regular cabin that wasnt meant for a family until last night. 

We have always stayed on deck 10 and have had no issues with noise 

• Like 1

We are sailing Liberty in May.  I looked at the site I use and there are about 130 cabins available.  That seems unusual to me, but I never book last minute.  Is this as strange as I think or normal?

3 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

We have always stayed on deck 10 and have had no issues with noise 

Thanks. I used a lot of suites all around me, different kinds. I was hoping it wouldnt be too bad. 

I have some plastic type ear plugs, foam I could bring, that I got for the gun range to practice shooting you have to wear them. 

I think there is a unusual amt of cabins available all the sudden if that poster was correct on my roll call that this was a sold out sailing a few weeks back. I sure couldnt book it or any other liberty for 200% and then all the sudden I could. I dont want to do that fake 2nd pax to book for that sale, and I wasnt checking until the last 2 or e weeks because i had some stuff i had to get done before i can cruise.

I'm happy, lol i dont think my mom so much. 

Sometimes cruises look sold out because you put in two people and all of the two-person rooms are sold out and you think there are no more rooms. But then if you put in three or four people, the rooms that hold more people show up. When it gets closer to cruise time a search for two people will show all of the cabins. 

Also some travel agents reserve blocks of rooms and then "give back" the rooms they didn't sell. This causes a cruise that looked sold out to suddenly have rooms available. 

I have been on deck 10 Liberty and heard no noise from above. 

12 hours ago, SG65CB said:

Sometimes cruises look sold out because you put in two people and all of the two-person rooms are sold out and you think there are no more rooms. But then if you put in three or four people, the rooms that hold more people show up. When it gets closer to cruise time a search for two people will show all of the cabins. 

Also some travel agents reserve blocks of rooms and then "give back" the rooms they didn't sell. This causes a cruise that looked sold out to suddenly have rooms available. 

I have been on deck 10 Liberty and heard no noise from above. 

Good pts, all of them. I kept putting in 1 person and would get a price for 4 for weeks. Now I see every quad on deck 9 empty.

I was just taking the word of someone on my roll call it was sold out at some pt.

You are probably right as soon as I put in 1 person a lot of cabins that are available weren't showing up.

Ready to cruise. Yippee. 

Glad to hear again deck 10 wasnt noisy for you. 

As far as why dont I want to put a fake person, I dont think my friends want their private information out there just so I can pretend book them. I'm just so glad I waited and finally there were a couple of cabins that weren't for 3 or 4. Yippee again. I really didnt want to wait until fall and summer so hot here in texas and too many kids. Glad I found something. Seems like a long enough wait until april 26th. 

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

As far as why dont I want to put a fake person, I dont think my friends want their private information out there just so I can pretend book them.

You're friends with fake people???

You can literally book it for "John Doe" or "Tobe Determined".