QV Blog Chile to Uk - Planes Trains Bubbles and riots

roscoe39

thanks guys Ive had some nice comments on the blog, we re currently sailing up the solent towards southampton. My last chance is a flight tomorrow back to nz but there are lots of variables that could get in the way. Up to $20 k in flights already that have been cancelled and airlines are only giving credits. So guess the next flight trip to a cruisee will be way up the front.!

good luck to everyone to save safe.

regards Roscoe

• Like 2

thanks hattie, im now ensconced in a hotel at heathrow with fingers crossed for today flight.

Ive updated blog and will probably continue on it while im waiting for my next step which is hopefully to Doha then onto NZ.

I heard there were about 300 getting off yesterday and the majority were waiting to get off on the 28th. Neil has a full program for the entertainment and the ships company said that things would continue as normal as if the ship was still at sea, I did note however that the shops were shut...because of course it is in port. If you were on the starboard side though you got a lovely view of Cowes so i guess you could convince yourself you were still at sea. Those left onboard can be forgiven for staying as long as possible cos its dangerous out here!

Im Still a fan of Cunard, they really went the extra mile and  it shows the ships attention to detail that have meant all three ships have made land with their reputations intact.

I hope they are able to weather this storm as I hope we all are.

• Like 3