Little Magan's Bay Beach

Dimbebwe

Hello!

Does anyone know if Little Magan's Bay Beach is still (at least in practice) a nude beach?

I realize that, technically and legally, there are no nude beaches in the USVI. However, for many years, Little Magan's was used as such by locals and tourists, and was overlooked by authorities.

However, I can't find any information anywhere online as to whether that is still the case. If I Google it, there are tons of websites that mention it, but they all seem to have been not been written or updated in the last 10 years, and things change.

Any info would be helpful and appreciated!

3 hours ago, Ms411 said:

Last I heard access to it had been restricted somehow unless you can get to it from the water. I think the postings were somewhere on Facebook.

Last time I was in St. Thomas (about two years ago), my wife and I just swam to Little Magan's from the main beach at Magan's Bay; it looked like we could have also just walked across the rocks, but swimming seemed easier. We were the only ones there when we arrived, so we went ahead and stripped down since we had heard it was a nude beach.

Later in the day, a few other people came and went, and no one seemed bothered. But we didn't want to impose if the beach had changed and was no longer considered a nude beach; we will be there again this July.