RCL Share Price

Moby Jones

5 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Sounds like the increase was "due to an overabundance of optimism".

4 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

hopeium addiction

Exactly what I thought and why I got out, I'm hoping to get back in within a week or so.  Bought 100 shares the first time, hope to get 125 or more next time with the proceeds of the sale.  If not, no big deal, was a good way to feel like I got something from Celebrity (obviously wasn't from them, but still makes me feel good)

When I saw what happened to Norwegian this week, I was ready to buy some of their shares but thought I would wait a few days before getting in. It was amazing how fast they got someone to step up with financial backing to get the wolves away from the door. It is risky however to put up two ships and two islands as collateral.

All said, I would rather be without the stock and able to cruise right now if it were possible.

22 hours ago, marieps said:

https://www.rclinvestor.com/press-releases/release/?id=1470

Strong liquidity announced, along with a halt to the dividend.

2.4 billion in customer deposits vs 2.3 billion liquidity in cash or equivalents.  I would not consider that to be strong liquidity.  They will need to raise considerably more cash.

1 hour ago, npcl said:

2.4 billion in customer deposits vs 2.3 billion liquidity in cash or equivalents.  I would not consider that to be strong liquidity.  They will need to raise considerably more cash.

I’ve no doubt that if needed they will. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorky said:

I’ve no doubt that if needed they will. 

At what price?  CCL had to go 12% for secured Bonds.  NCLH had to go 12.25% securing their bonds by Great Stirrup Cay.

In both cases they also included stock sales, and convertible bonds that would dilute existing shareholders by 50%.

RCL was already heavily leveraged with a very high debt to asset ratio. One of the highest  among the major cruise companies.

1 hour ago, npcl said:

At what price?  CCL had to go 12% for secured Bonds.  NCLH had to go 12.25% securing their bonds by Great Stirrup Cay.

In both cases they also included stock sales, and convertible bonds that would dilute existing shareholders by 50%.

RCL was already heavily leveraged with a very high debt to asset ratio. One of the highest  among the major cruise companies.

Not questioning that, I don’t however think raising more cash will be an issue, we will see.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

RCL are at $53+ as I type. 

I hope people jumped in when they were sub $30 when mentioned on here a few weeks ago. 

Best to get out now before it dives again.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

We have to remember, its a not a matter of if but rather a question of when someone on a ship tests positive for the C19.  When that happens many cruise ports may close to all cruise ships causing all cruise stocks to plummet.

That's just another buying opportunity for those who wish to trade cruise line stocks. 

• Like 3

We bought at the recent bottom.

Not a lot-- just enough for the discount/"credit" when booking.

So very little money at risk.

We realize that "benefit" may disappear.... still, not a lot of money on the line in the grand scheme of things

There were plenty of great buys when people lost their minds and threw out the baby with the bathwater

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

There were plenty of great buys when people lost their minds and threw out the baby with the bathwater

NCL at around $9 per share was good as many genuinely believed they would go under. 

I have yet to get back in after hitting a stop at 37.50.  I too am waiting for for kind of second shoe to drop, along with the price.  I have a small lot at $53.  May sell it just to get out completely.

3 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

That's just another buying opportunity for those who wish to trade cruise line stocks. 

Second shutdown would be disastrous for cruise lines.   With fewer unencumbered assets bond market will be less accommodating, offering less money and demanding higher rates.  Alternative would be to issue stock at fire sale price, lower than recent CCL ($14) and NCLH ($8) sales.

Did I miss a major cruise news announcement?  

RCL closed at $54 today.  Obviously, the price will go up and down but the people who take a chance and purchased when the price was $20 or $30 are ahead.  

CCL and NCL are also up.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

Did I miss a major cruise news announcement?  

RCL closed at $54 today.  Obviously, the price will go up and down but the people who take a chance and purchased when the price was $20 or $30 are ahead.  

CCL and NCL are also up.  

Remember it's only a profit if you cash in!!

I got the 100 share required for the additional OBC last Friday at £42. As we normally take 2 x 14 night cruises a year we'll get $500 OBC across the two cruises. That's a 12% return with no price movement

The fact that it's up 25% since then is a bonus but only a paperwork exercise.

• Like 1

I bought 200 shares each of RCL and CCL when they were both near the bottom. My plan is to hold on to them until I feel they have reached their apex and then sell 100 of each, holding 100 each for the OBC benefit. I really didn’t expect any increase when I originally purchased the stock until about 6 months out. I thought it would take that long for things to get sorted out.

As of Tuesday, the two stocks were up an aggregate 92.83%. 

I know we still have a long way to go. I just rescheduled one cruise and booked a new one for 2021. We have a Transatlantic in November that we will have to wait and see if it goes as planned. I expect to book a couple of cruises during the summer/fall once the schedules get firmed up. Yes, I am optimistic.

• Like 1

An insider (Director) bought 20,000 shares @ $48.62 on May 26 for $972K. The article opined most million dollar purchases are more at the CEO level. 

The article goes on to say “He has 29,023 shares and gets awards.”

“This director was previously the CEO of McDonald's until 2015. He joined the Royal Caribbean board that year. This is his first open market purchase. He gets awards. He also sits on the boards of Beyond Meat and Northern Trust. He has not bought shares in either of those on the open market in the last 5 years either.

It says a lot when insiders buy at companies that have had some kind of serious business interruption. That takes guts. And he's not the CEO so he doesn't have to send a "signal" to the stock market that he "believes" as the CEO does.”

So, what do the top brass know that we don’t! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BEAV said:

An insider (Director) bought 20,000 shares @ $48.62 on May 26 for $972K. The article opined most million dollar purchases are more at the CEO level. 

“This director was previously the CEO of McDonald's until 2015. He joined the Royal Caribbean board that year. This is his first open market purchase. He gets awards. He also sits on the boards of Beyond Meat and Northern Trust. He has not bought shares in either of those on the open market in the last 5 years either.

It says a lot when insiders buy at companies that have had some kind of serious business interruption. That takes guts. And he's not the CEO so he doesn't have to send a "signal" to the stock market that he "believes" as the CEO does.”

I'm sure Fain told the board stock is on the way to new high.  On the other hand, in the last week (post earnings release)  Goldman Sachs,  JP Morgan and Deutsche Bank all cut their price targets on RCL to levels at or below current price.   

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 1:03 PM, BEAV said:

Well,  first of all, it's "only" a million dollar risk for him. 

It could have been done purely for the image, despite him not being the CEO.   And he might believe that his $1 million will become $2.5 million in the not too distant future.