RCL Stock

heidikay

7 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Is it also one per booking per household (as it is with the gifts/amenities/crystal blocks)?

No if you have a shareholder in each cabin you can get two credits.  You need 100 shares/cabin.  Shares can be individually owned or jointly owned.   But for two cabins you need 200 shares and a stockholder with the stock in the stockholders name in that cabin.

8 minutes ago, rimmit said:

No if you have a shareholder in each cabin you can get two credits.  You need 100 shares/cabin.  Shares can be individually owned or jointly owned.   But for two cabins you need 200 shares and a stockholder with the stock in the stockholders name in that cabin.

Thanks for the clarification.  We own 200 shares of RCL stock, and often have two staterooms.

Hmmm, I'm leery. Remembering you could buy GM stock at a great price before bankruptcy. I'm looking at JC Penney stock but have decided even at bargain bin pricing it's not worth it as they will likely fail.

29 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

Hmmm, I'm leery. Remembering you could buy GM stock at a great price before bankruptcy. I'm looking at JC Penney stock but have decided even at bargain bin pricing it's not worth it as they will likely fail.

I understand, sometimes is doesn't work out.  I threw away $1000 on Kmart.

With Royal I will wait at least until they start sailing again. 

Hang on to your hat, stock futures for the Dow and S&P 500 fell 5% and trading was halted overseas per MSN. There's the buying opportunity some of you are waiting for.

Also United Airlines announced it was cutting 50% of their flights over the next two months. This is not April Fools.

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Hang on to your hat, stock futures for the Dow and S&P 500 fell 5% and trading was halted overseas per MSN. There's the buying opportunity some of you are waiting for.

Also United Airlines announced it was cutting 50% of their flights over the next two months. This is not April Fools.

Still think stock will continue to fall. Market expected to open today down 1000 points. One also has to keep in mind Royal is not an American Company, incorporated in Liberia. Pays no US tax. You can't bet on a bailout.

Still keeping my Alaska cruise booked, but have my worries it will not happen this July.

37 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Number of new Corona cases isn't expected to peak in US for another 1 - 3 months.   Until then expect depressing news flow and stocks drifting lower.  Even when market turns cruise lines will lag.  Watch for airlines to rebound before considering RCL.

You put that very well. 

8 hours ago, Jam0610 said:

Still think stock will continue to fall. Market expected to open today down 1000 points. One also has to keep in mind Royal is not an American Company, incorporated in Liberia. Pays no US tax. You can't bet on a bailout.

Still keeping my Alaska cruise booked, but have my worries it will not happen this July.

Another day of big stock sell off.    Market as on 2:30PM EST is down  almost 10% (down 2350).

5 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Another day of big stock sell off.    Market as on 2:30PM EST is down  almost 10% (down 2350).

Mondays will probably continue to be really tough as the situation is getting worse.  The 2 extra days of declining news leads a tough start for the week.

Edited by fred30

18 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yet RCL has gone from 39 - 35 with it staying around 31-32  WEIRD

My best guess is that a bunch of people are closing their short positions.  Given the mass barrage of bad news,   we are through the worst of the news outside of a cruising ban or bankruptcy.

19 minutes ago, rimmit said:

My best guess is that a bunch of people are closing their short positions.  Given the mass barrage of bad news,   we are through the worst of the news outside of a cruising ban or bankruptcy.

Yes, were left with what everyone is most concerned about.