RCL Stock

heidikay

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

Given that they are bracing for the longer term I think we'll see another dip beyond the roller coaster peaks and valleys of late.  That might be a good time on jump onboard more.

Or a good time to abandon ship on any peaks!

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Or a good time to abandon ship on any peaks!

Who out there has the crystal black ball.  What number is considered to be a peak.  RCL stock closed yesterday at $49.53.

19 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

I can't figure out any fundamental that has the stock priced where it does today (48-ish; 1st week of August for reference later on). It makes no sense to me. Those that gambled in the 20's and were disciplined enough to get out at this point should take their tidy profit and run. I'm just astonished. 

Less than a yer ago, RCL was a money making machine with a $100+ stock. If you believe the virus will go away and things will go back to the way they were, under 50 for the stock is dirt cheap. 

I don’t think any of that is happening. But I said people were nuts to buy when it was in the 20’s, so what do I know. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Less than a yer ago, RCL was a money making machine with a $100+ stock. If you believe the virus will go away and things will go back to the way they were, under 50 for the stock is dirt cheap. 

I don’t think any of that is happening. But I said people were nuts to buy when it was in the 20’s, so what do I know. 

I bought 50 shares when it was in the low 20s and when it later peaked at $75, I was kicking myself for not purchasing 1000 shares.  Talk about a huge money making potential.

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But shouldn’t it be a two way street?

Are you only loyal to Royal when it’s to your benefit?

Strange question, not based on any comments or facts!

Buying or selling Royal's stock has absolutely nothing to do with loyalty to the brand.  Do you buy stock in the company of the car you drive?  Do you buy stock in the company of your favorite cereal?  Are you loyal to your electric supplier?  If so, do you buy stock in their company?

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Strange question, not based on any comments or facts!

Buying or selling Royal's stock has absolutely nothing to do with loyalty to the brand.  Do you buy stock in the company of the car you drive?  Do you buy stock in the company of your favorite cereal?  Are you loyal to your electric supplier?  If so, do you buy stock in their company?

I'd buy Chick-fil-A in a heartbeat if they did an IPO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CSHS1979 said:

I'd buy Chick-fil-A in a heartbeat if they did an IPO

"Before Cathy passed away in 2014, he made his children sign a contract agreeing that Chick-fil-A will always remain a private company. However, he did agree that they could sell it if they wished."

This means the company will never go public unless the kids sell it.

42 minutes ago, yogimax said:

"Before Cathy passed away in 2014, he made his children sign a contract agreeing that Chick-fil-A will always remain a private company. However, he did agree that they could sell it if they wished."

This means the company will never go public unless the kids sell it.

Interesting, thanks

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Decided not to "go there" 

I know.  As much as we would like the freedom to say what we actually believe, we know we will bear the wrath of a minority who have difficulty living with the truth as well as differing points of view.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm not sure how NCLH or CCL are doing financially.  At the moment there is guilt by association but also general trends in the market that are influencing the roller coaster ride.  

Well, NCLH reported earnings today and it wasn't pretty (RCL will be out soon).  Given there's no revenue I focused on the balance sheet.  Since year end their debt increased from $6B to $10B while stockholder equity shrank from $6B to $4B ($1B was goodwill writeoff) despite issuing a lot of new stock.  Cash was up $2B but their burn rate is $160MM / month and that will likely continue at least thru year end.  Very interested in hearing what RCL has to say.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Well, NCLH reported earnings today and it wasn't pretty (RCL will be out soon).  Given there's no revenue I focused on the balance sheet.  Since year end their debt increased from $6B to $10B while stockholder equity shrank from $6B to $4B ($1B was goodwill writeoff) despite issuing a lot of new stock.  Cash was up $2B but their burn rate is $160MM / month and that will likely continue at least thru year end.  Very interested in hearing what RCL has to say.  

"The cruise operator Thursday posted a net loss of $715.2 million, or $2.99 a share, compared with a profit of $240.2 million, or $1.11 cents a share, in the same period last year."  

Of course, this was somewhat expected, although worse than most had predicted.  I thought it interesting that they kept the loss to $2.99 a share.  Was this like stores selling something for $2.99 to make it sound more attractive than $3.00?

I believe RCL's earnings are to be reported on August 10th.  I'm seeing one site reporting an expected loss of $4.82/share.  Of course, that number has become relatively meaningless in today's COVID world.  Analysts will want to judge whether RCL has the financial resources to weather this storm.  The unknown, of course, if the duration of the shutdown.

I will get in when we are closer to having a  vaccine.  I don't think cruises will start up again until that is available and you have a vaccination certificate of some kind.  Until then I will invest in stuff that is making money instead of waiting on cruise stock to rebound.