Suite Class replaced by The Retreat

Stu UK

Just now, Stu UK said:

So Celebrity has rebranded and enhanced further the suite offering. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class

Looks interesting and more details of Sunset Suites. 

So suites are now called Retreat, much like ncl calls suites Haven.

Just a name/branding/marketing change to a fancy word to make it sound more posh/exclusive.

Wonder if they are going to change Michael's club lounge to retreat lounge on m&s class ships to reduce confusion?

Edit:

Wait.. aft/sunset balconies are now sunset suites???

Jesus price increase!!!

Edited by fstuff1

54 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

So suites are now called Retreat, much like ncl calls suites Haven.

Just a name/branding/marketing change to a fancy word to make it sound more posh/exclusive.

Wonder if they are going to change Michael's club lounge to retreat lounge on m&s class ships to reduce confusion?

Edit:

Wait.. aft/sunset balconies are now sunset suites???

Jesus price increase!!!

There are sky suites on Edge that are aft. 

11 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't think there is anything new here.

The fact that the 4 perks is a permanent inclusion for all suite bookings is a change. There were certain sailings (Trans-Atlantics for one I believe) where the 4 perks were not included. I personally booked a suite through the Blue Chip Club last month and opted not to take the 4 perks in order to save money as my Royal Suite already included the wifi and beverage package.

The addition of the two bottles of liquor for all suites is also a change (if that was not a typo). That used to be a benefit only for the higher level suites.

I believe the asterisk probably covers things like senior/resident/Xciting Deals and possibly repositioning cruises.  But that's my opinion.    Celebrity is always marking things with an asterisk and then not providing the explanatory note.

I will bet my beverage package that the 2 bottles of spirits is for RS and above as it always has been.  I'll be in a Sky Suite on Reflection on Monday so I guess I will find out then.

The link is to a Celebrity web page not a press release.  Does anyone know that it was actually changed recently (although it does look like they have updated the schedule to include the Silhouette completion).

Edited by wrk2cruise

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe the asterisk probably covers things like senior/resident/Xciting Deals and possibly repositioning cruises.  But that's my opinion.    Celebrity is always marking things with an asterisk and then not providing the explanatory note.

I will bet my beverage package that the 2 bottles of spirits is for RS and above as it always has been.  I'll be in a Sky Suite on Reflection on Monday so I guess I will find out then.

The link is to a Celebrity web page not a press release.  Does anyone know that it was actually changed recently (although it does look like they have updated the schedule to include the Silhouette completion).

When you scroll down into the specific categories like Sky Suite the note about the two bottles of liquor is missing so that probably was a typo at the top of the main page. Another change I just saw under Sky Suite was that pre-cruise concierge is now included.

18 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I believe the asterisk probably covers things like senior/resident/Xciting Deals and possibly repositioning cruises.  

I believe you are absolutely correct because I just booked a resident rate and it didn’t include any of these perks. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I believe you are absolutely correct because I just booked a resident rate and it didn’t include any of these perks. 

I just tried to book a Trans-Atlantic cruise for next year in a suite and the 4 perks are included. They were not called out on the suites intro page like they used to be but they showed up on the payment page. So perhaps all suites on all sailings now included the perks as a stateroom amenity but they are not applicable with certain discounts like the resident rate? So that would still be a change.

We just booked a suite  on the Apex and it includes all 4 - $300 onboard credit, which is already on my account, Prem Bev Package and free wifi/prepaid grats AND I have the military discount. I was looking at these sailings a few weeks ago and suites were much cheaper, they raised the prices quite a bit to cover the new benefits. I think on this cruise it was about 500 PP more than it was a few weeks ago. 

1.png

Edited by dgparent

9 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I know this is nit picking but I've always got Premium Bev Package and Unlimited Wifi when booking RS with Resident or Senior discount.  No tips or OBC.

Ok now I'm done.

Don’t those perks come with an RS no matter what?

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 2