ON BOARD EXPERIENCES

garymfreedman

I just spoke with Ian, in Sailor Services. The app, which is REQUIRED to book things, like Spa and such, will likely not be ready until APRIL 1st.. Also, fyi, he said although they don't encourage it, you CAN make Dinner Reservations in the app...

Their app better be really whiz bang, for all the extra time it is taking them

7 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

I just spoke with Ian, in Sailor Services. The app, which is REQUIRED to book things, like Spa and such, will likely not be ready until APRIL 1st.. Also, fyi, he said although they don't encourage it, you CAN make Dinner Reservations in the app...

Their app better be really whiz bang, for all the extra time it is taking them

A few of my friends are onboard right now, having embarked in Liverpool today and heading now to NY.  One of the them is keeping me up to date via text messages.  She is not a huge fan of cruising so this will be a good test for the non-cruiser.  Anyway I asked her about the "bands" for charging and opening cabin doors.  As of the lifeboat drill they didn't make it.  Held up somewhere.  I'm not sure if they ever arrived or not?  Meanwhile I guess they are using old fashioned cruise cards.  She will also be testing out the free wifi on the crossing.  Should be a good test as to how fast & reliable it is.  

Just now, eroller said:

A few of my friends are onboard right now, having embarked in Liverpool today and heading now to NY.  One of the them is keeping me up to date via text messages.  She is not a huge fan of cruising so this will be a good test for the non-cruiser.  Anyway I asked her about the "bands" for charging and opening cabin doors.  As of the lifeboat drill they didn't make it.  Held up somewhere.  I'm not sure if they ever arrived or not?  Meanwhile I guess they are using old fashioned cruise cards.  She will also be testing out the free wifi on the crossing.  Should be a good test as to how fast & reliable it is.  

In the youtube videos I have seen, they were using Cards.. Perhaps they are saving the actual wristbands for the regular cruises. Also, would be neat to know the wi-fi speed..

7 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

In the youtube videos I have seen, they were using Cards.. Perhaps they are saving the actual wristbands for the regular cruises. Also, would be neat to know the wi-fi speed..

They all received emails (just like a paying passengers) to order the bands (white or dark grey) and were advised they would receive them at embarkation.  I asked for dark grey since my friend was planning to give me hers after the crossing, plus anything else she can collect for me on the ship.  I collect all that stuff, especially from the inaugural.  They may still get them IDK.  Perhaps they were just not ready at embarkation.  I'm sure it's something they want to test before paying passengers get on.  

10 hours ago, eroller said:

They all received emails (just like a paying passengers) to order the bands (white or dark grey) and were advised they would receive them at embarkation.  I asked for dark grey since my friend was planning to give me hers after the crossing, plus anything else she can collect for me on the ship.  I collect all that stuff, especially from the inaugural.  They may still get them IDK.  Perhaps they were just not ready at embarkation.  I'm sure it's something they want to test before paying passengers get on.  

For a random data point, while I’ll be on the first sailing with “paying passengers” (March 26, Covid willing) and am at 28 days out, I haven’t gotten any such email. There’s also a non-functional button on the website to book your onboard experiences. But it’s non-functional. 🙂 I check a couple of times a day because I really want my drag brunch booking.

I’m not hugely stressed about this, but yeah, the customer-facing tech is still a little behind schedule.

Edited by AlyssaJames

1 hour ago, AlyssaJames said:

For a random data point, while I’ll be on the first sailing with “paying passengers” (March 26, Covid willing) and am at 28 days out, I haven’t gotten any such email. There’s also a non-functional button on the website to book your onboard experiences. But it’s non-functional. 🙂 I check a couple of times a day because I really want my drag brunch booking.

I’m not hugely stressed about this, but yeah, the customer-facing tech is still a little behind schedule.

I read the email.  It was personalized and looked like an email that would be sent to paying passengers.  It talked about the bands and how they are used, and also requested that you make sure your address is correct on their website.  The band was supposed to have been mailed to the address on file, but that never happened.  Then they were told verbally (by their contact at Virgin) that they would get them at embarkation.  That didn't happen.  Not sure at this point if they will get them or not?  

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, rbt001 said:

One silver lining with the delayed launch is that we can expect a fully functional, no bugs release by the time of the sailings.  😁

I was looking forward to being on the September cruise and being almost 6 months in so that all of the kinks would be worked out.  Now, I am closer to the beginning and worried that so much that I have seen so far may be changed and kinks won't be worked out.