Carnival Stock Price Dropping

Daniel A

I suspect this is why they are doing credits and not refunds for cancellations. We are scheduled to cruise on the 22nd and if we go we receive a $200 obc. If we want to cancel we can, up to 3 days before sailing, but it's not a refund. We would have until Dec 2021 to rebook. If Princess cancels us, then we get money refunded and a future cruise credit.

1 minute ago, mcrcruiser said:

unless government subsidies  are granted . right now I would not bet that would happen , The government will need all it's financial  & skilled people power to fight this virus 

The only government proposal even hinted at is some kind of tax credits, which would not help cash flow.  That would probably be impossible to get past congress.

The Australian share market dived another 7.4 % today. I'd wait. 
The virus doesn't like heat but it is just starting here in Australia and it's late summer. 

Edited by Pushka

On 3/6/2020 at 6:41 PM, drowelf said:

What do you mean by a brokerage account? We have (had) our CCL and RCL shares in the DWs IRA-SEP Account over which we have direct control of how the assets are allocated. As we can buy/sell stocks/EFTs/Mutuals, I consider that a brokerage account. 

Exactly. And since you have a brokerage account, if you had shares of a company such as IHG in it, you could not get their stock holder discount on hotel stays based on stock in that account.

3 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

I don’t believe they will be going anywhere. They will move the ships around the virus does not do well I high heat they are Saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true in Singapore which had a major outbreak. Real close to the equator.

Sent from desktop using MTF

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

CCL will probably drop 3-10% today. Wow futures are already down 3-4% and with developments with Princess ships over the weekend I would guess CCL will drop more than the market today.

Oh wow, futures now down 8 percent and 190k volume and it’s only 0740 EDT.   Could be a 15 percent kinda day...

12 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

CCL will probably drop 3-10% today. Wow futures are already down 3-4% and with developments with Princess ships over the weekend I would guess CCL will drop more than the market today.

Right - down more than $2 right now - glad that I didn't buy at $33-$35 - still waiting on the sideline to avoid losing money.  

1 hour ago, Rigby the Dog said:

Right - down more than $2 right now - glad that I didn't buy at $33-$35 - still waiting on the sideline to avoid losing money.  

Once you buy, you don't lose money unless you sell. How long do you wait "to avoid losing money"? If you are trying to buy at the bottom, good luck with that.

17 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

Once you buy, you don't lose money unless you sell. How long do you wait "to avoid losing money"? If you are trying to buy at the bottom, good luck with that.

Assuming that CCL doesn't go through restructuring.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

Right! So if I bought 10 days ago at $35 and it's $25 today then I didn't lose $1,000?  Ok.

5 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

7% drop-15 minute stoppage

13% drop-15 minute stoppage

20% drop stop for the remainder of the day.

Thanks!

It is currently -6%. if it hits -7% again, does it go for another 15 minute stoppage? Or is the next stoppage at 13%?

Edited by Farts

17 minutes ago, Rigby the Dog said:

Right! So if I bought 10 days ago at $35 and it's $25 today then I didn't lose $1,000?  Ok.

You do it you sell it today, but that was the point.  It's only a loss if you sell it today at $25 and you paid $35.  Tomorrow, it could be a $40, and you would have made $500 (although not likely). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Farts said:

Thanks!

It is currently -6%. if it hits -7% again, does it go for another 15 minute stoppage? Or is the next stoppage at 13%?

It wont stop again until it hits 13%

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

You do it you sell it today, but that was the point.  It's only a loss if you sell it today at $25 and you paid $35.  Tomorrow, it could be a $40, and you would have made $500 (although not likely). 

People who don't understand this simple fact are the ones who should be out of the stock market totally 🙂

• Like 1