price drop

firstimerhaven

We are due to sail in 17 days.  Today there was a huge price drop.  $1000 per cabin.  We have 2 cabins booked.  It is an expensive cruise because we have Haven suites, but prices had already dropped from when we booked so total is $2k per cabin drop.  Any chance this will drop more or should be grab our 25% OBC now?

Price could drop or all the cabins could be booked.  Once everything equivalent is booked, there usually isn't any compensation offered, so you should probably do a mock booking to see how many cabins are actually available.  If for example, it's only 1, then you would be lucky to get OBC for 1.  If there are many, you take your chances that they remain available (upgrade bids, others in your same situation, still others opting to pay for an upgrade).  So OBC in the hand today is better than nothing in my opinion.

Sadly none of us have a crystal ball any more powerful than your own.  There certainly could be further pricedrops, but if the price appeals those five cabins could be snapped up fast by upgrades or new bookings.  With only 17 days to go, I’d be tempted to ask for OBC now, but you will have to decide what feels right to you.  

Just curious...what ship?

On 2/27/2020 at 1:56 PM, firstimerhaven said:

We are due to sail in 17 days.  Today there was a huge price drop.  $1000 per cabin.  We have 2 cabins booked.  It is an expensive cruise because we have Haven suites, but prices had already dropped from when we booked so total is $2k per cabin drop.  Any chance this will drop more or should be grab our 25% OBC now?

Maybe some of the other price drop threads can help you.✌️

So - this is just my perspective.  You can tell from my number of posts that I'm not on here all the time.  We have two Haven Suites booked on a May 31 sailing.  I panicked when I got the upgrade emails and called then to get the OBC (which they happily gave me at $140 for one cabin - the price for the 2 bedroom hasn't dropped).  It's now gone down another $1,000.  I wish I had waited because there are still a number of those Haven cabins available and I'm guessing it will drop more, but we are still quite a ways out.  You could wait a few more days, but you're getting pretty close.  You're talking about some serious OBC and you don't want to risk losing out on that if they start filling those cabins from the upgrade bids.  

I’m sailing on the Joy spring break.  Yeah I know—what was I thinking?  We are in a mini-suite large balcony and when prices started dropping I got my OBC The first round of drops.  It dropped again a little more, but now ship is almost sold out and only one or two rooms left in our category.   I say get the OBC while it’s hot.  Nothing’s guaranteed and if they give it to you it’s just a bonus imho.  As an aside when sister in law with connecting room called right after me, they only offered $10.... until she gave them my OBC info.  Have to talk to my supervisor, yada yada yada.  They folded like a cheap card table....