Princess 50% future cruise credit

5 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Hi all, have never experienced credits before so could someone please enlighten me if there are any “costs” involved in the credit given.

Our account shows us short by $126 each.

Cheers Carole

More details needed, what is the credit for, is it credit from a future cruise credit or from a refund etc etc.

28 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

More details needed, what is the credit for, is it credit from a future cruise credit or from a refund etc etc.

Thanks for your response it was from recent Singapore Repo on Majestic.

Got 50% refund (or will do eventually) and 50% to be used on a future cruise which zi calculated as $1300 pp and got $1174 .

Cheers Carole

20 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

Got 50% refund (or will do eventually) and 50% to be used on a future cruise which zi calculated as $1300 pp and got $1174 .

Cheers Carole

All I can suggest is send them an email detailing your calculation and ask them why there is a difference.

30 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

All I can suggest is send them an email detailing your calculation and ask them why there is a difference.

The future cruise credit is calculated at 50% of the cruise fare only - this does not include port charges/taxes hence the difference.   

Edited by datone

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 3:24 PM, Elorac123 said:

Cheers Carole

When you get the 50% refund it should be a little extra because you will be refunded the port charges for the missed ports of Penang, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

• Haha 1

Just received my 50% cruise refund and the missing port fees have definitely not been added back on contrary to advice I had been given. I am also not happy that the future cruise credit offered must be used on a cruise departing not later than 28 February 2021. Given that Princess have now suspended all cruises worldwide till mid May it does not give much of a window to re book. We have other holidays planned and limited time to re schedule. I don't want to take a cruise I don't really want just to beat the February deadline and use the credit. Hopefully common sense will prevail and Princess will extend the booking window past February 2021.

22 minutes ago, NeilonBoard said:

Just received my 50% cruise refund and the missing port fees have definitely not been added back on contrary to advice I had been given. I am also not happy that the future cruise credit offered must be used on a cruise departing not later than 28 February 2021. Given that Princess have now suspended all cruises worldwide till mid May it does not give much of a window to re book. We have other holidays planned and limited time to re schedule. I don't want to take a cruise I don't really want just to beat the February deadline and use the credit. Hopefully common sense will prevail and Princess will extend the booking window past February 2021.

In the statement from Princess on 6th March, the Future Cruise Credit could be used for any voyage that departs by December 31st, 2021.

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

In the statement from Princess on 6th March, the Future Cruise Credit could be used for any voyage that departs by December 31st, 2021.

I am referring to a particular cruise on Majestic that recently terminated in Perth on Day 10 of a 19 night cruise to Singapore. Every passenger received the same document that stated 50% cruise credit could only be used on cruises departing before 28 February 2021. This was specific advice to passengers on this shortened cruise and not general advice from Princess to all passengers who have had their cruise cancelled. Once again I hope that common sense prevails and the booking period is extended to December 2021.

4 hours ago, NeilonBoard said:

I am referring to a particular cruise on Majestic that recently terminated in Perth on Day 10 of a 19 night cruise to Singapore. Every passenger received the same document that stated 50% cruise credit could only be used on cruises departing before 28 February 2021. This was specific advice to passengers on this shortened cruise and not general advice from Princess to all passengers who have had their cruise cancelled. Once again I hope that common sense prevails and the booking period is extended to December 2021.

We had one already booked in March 2021 so we’re fortunate to have the credit applied to that.

Received the 50% (again short) but has been suggested it will come separately ?

Cheers Carole

15 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

We had one already booked in March 2021 so we’re fortunate to have the credit applied to that.

Received the 50% (again short) but has been suggested it will come separately ?

Cheers Carole

Carole you are lucky you already had a future cruise booked that the credit could be applied to. We have a Royal Caribbean cruise booked for September in the Mediterranean which is probably doubtful but we will have to wait and see. While we are waiting it is hard to factor in another Princess before 28 February 2021. It is unfair that cancelled Princess cruises have until December 2021 to re book but passengers on our cruise are forced to re book and sail by February 2021.

5 hours ago, NeilonBoard said:

Carole you are lucky you already had a future cruise booked that the credit could be applied to. We have a Royal Caribbean cruise booked for September in the Mediterranean which is probably doubtful but we will have to wait and see. While we are waiting it is hard to factor in another Princess before 28 February 2021. It is unfair that cancelled Princess cruises have until December 2021 to re book but passengers on our cruise are forced to re book and sail by February 2021.

Yes they are giving much more leeway to the recent cancellations it seems.

Cheers Carole