New Pixels Packages!

So, I was looking around my booking page, and I saw that my Pixels package page went from 1 to 4 options.  Three new ones, plus the one that had been there.

They new ones are:

5 ProPortraits Package: $99.99: Five 8x10 photo prints and 1 stock photo

10 ProPortraits Package: $199.99: Ten 8x10 prints, a 20x30 canvas, a Shutterfly photo calendar, and 5 stock photos

15 ProPortraits Package: $299.99:  Fifteen 8x10 prints (along with digital copies of the 15 photos), a 20x30 canvas, a Shutterfly photo calendar, and 5 stock photos

But, they still have the original package:

Pixels: $99.98 Any five photo prints + 16x20 canvas portrait

So: looking at the 5 ProPortraits vs. Pixels package: they are charging you one cent more and replacing the canvas with a stock photo!

How much do you want to bet the "old" pixels package will not be there much longer?  As soon as I realized this I purchased the "old" Pixels package before it goes bye-bye.

Of course, between now and Aug 10 I'm going to have anxiety that the Pixels people on board will try to replace my Pixels package with the "5 ProPortraits" package!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Stick93 said:

What is a pro portrait and what is a stock photo. 

last year for a gift they gave me pictures of the ship - who the hell needs that?? I took it so that maybe they run out of it and people get something else. 

I think the pro portraits are the ones taken with the backdrops and printed 8x10 (as opposed to the roving photographers, whose pictures print smaller).  But, they are included in the original Pixels plan as well (the plan specifically mentions pictures with backdrops).

Full description of the stock photo that's included (my read on this is picture of the ship):

A beautiful signature photo from Carnival's National Geographic award-winning photographer, Radu Ursu!

• Like 1

I am only seeing the 3 new packages available for our cruise next month. But we have already purchased the original Pixels Package when it was on sale for Black Friday.

For our cruise in 2021, I only see the Pixels Package available. So maybe the new packages are being pushed out ship by ship.

I better still get the canvas I paid for in March, otherwise it is bait and switch.

• Like 1

Hmmm...my booking page still shows only the original Pixels pkg.  Maybe because my cruise is sooner?  We are on the April 4th sailing of the Breeze out of Port Canaveral.  I was hoping they'd bring back the $199 all of your photos (digital) on a flash drive.  I got in on that one last year on the Horizon before they took it away.  We had over 100 photos with that package.  Now I'll have to be more selective with the current packages they offer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ypcat said:

I am only seeing the 3 new packages available for our cruise next month. But we have already purchased the original Pixels Package when it was on sale for Black Friday.

For our cruise in 2021, I only see the Pixels Package available. So maybe the new packages are being pushed out ship by ship.

I better still get the canvas I paid for in March, otherwise it is bait and switch.

If interested, you might want to get the Pixels package for the 2021 cruise.  That might disappear without notice!  (The pixels package, not the ship.  Unless you're going to the Bermuda Triangle.... then all bets are off)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carlacruz said:

Hmmm...my booking page still shows only the original Pixels pkg.  Maybe because my cruise is sooner?  We are on the April 4th sailing of the Breeze out of Port Canaveral.  I was hoping they'd bring back the $199 all of your photos (digital) on a flash drive.  I got in on that one last year on the Horizon before they took it away.  We had over 100 photos with that package.  Now I'll have to be more selective with the current packages they offer.

Maybe.  Mine is Aug 10, on the Radiance.  

24 minutes ago, carlacruz said:

I was hoping they'd bring back the $199 all of your photos (digital) on a flash drive. 

Hi Carlacruz ☺️

I agree & also hope that one day Carnival will make the (all digital) package available once again. The prices are outrageous for passengers that enjoy purchasing many photos. During my previous voyage onboard Royal Caribbean Anthem Of The Seas we had an all digital photo package for $239 plus $5 per photo to print. 

🌴

Edited by PortSideCruzan
  • Like 2

Only have the original Pixels package offered for our 2/2021 Vista cruise. I am hoping they roll the new packages out to all the ships/sailings before our cruise, because I would love a stock photo x1000 times more than a canvas print. Especially a stock photo taken by Mr. Radu! His photography is phenomenal. Would go great in one of the double-sided folios we have. I always put a pro portrait from our cruise on one side, and a picture of the ship on the other.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

So, I was looking around my booking page, and I saw that my Pixels package page went from 1 to 4 options.  Three new ones, plus the one that had been there.

They new ones are:

5 ProPortraits Package: $99.99: Five 8x10 photo prints and 1 stock photo

10 ProPortraits Package: $199.99: Ten 8x10 prints, a 20x30 canvas, a Shutterfly photo calendar, and 5 stock photos

15 ProPortraits Package: $299.99:  Fifteen 8x10 prints (along with digital copies of the 15 photos), a 20x30 canvas, a Shutterfly photo calendar, and 5 stock photos

But, they still have the original package:

Pixels: $99.98 Any five photo prints + 16x20 canvas portrait

So: looking at the 5 ProPortraits vs. Pixels package: they are charging you one cent more and replacing the canvas with a stock photo!

How much do you want to bet the "old" pixels package will not be there much longer?  As soon as I realized this I purchased the "old" Pixels package before it goes bye-bye.

Of course, between now and Aug 10 I'm going to have anxiety that the Pixels people on board will try to replace my Pixels package with the "5 ProPortraits" package!

Be sure to save your confirmation with a description of the package.  We purchased the “all photo and digital package in April 2018 for our Oct 2018 cruise.  It was only on for a very short time. Needless to say, I had to use both my confirmation and print out of the package to get them to honor it.  If it is phased out you may also need the same proof to get what you are expecting.

• Like 1

The way I see it - these are not as good as any of the old packages. I will buy as I want - but not too many! Seems like they are not interested in making it easier to take and get pictures. There is definitely a way to make better packages. Maybe like an extra couple of pictures for every hundred you spend - but who am I just a consumer who will not get ripped off by these stupid prices.

If anyone think these packages are good - I am happy for you! 

• Like 1

My cruise now only shows the new options - 5, 10, or 15 ProPortraits packages.

If the pictures are around $20 already, how is this a savings? At least with the original package, you basically got a free canvas.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:52 AM, carlacruz said:

I cannot understand why they won't sell an all-digital photo package across all their ships.

I guess they think it would stop people from buying prints, but I buy at most one print per cruise because of the price. If they sold me an all-digital package of my photos for $200 I would buy it every cruise. So they're missing out on $200 sale so they can try and collect $20-30 at a ridiculously high margin; doesn't sound like good business to me.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

My cruise now only shows the new options - 5, 10, or 15 ProPortraits packages.

If the pictures are around $20 already, how is this a savings? At least with the original package, you basically got a free canvas.

For the $100 package, I agree.  Definitely a downgrade from the "Pixels" package. But, the $200 package comes with a canvas that's larger than the Pixels package canvas.  And, the $300 package includes digital copies.  But, I think it's ridiculous that you have to spend $200 to get a package discount.

17 minutes ago, creef1014 said:

I cannot understand why they won't sell an all-digital photo package across all their ships.

I guess they think it would stop people from buying prints, but I buy at most one print per cruise because of the price. If they sold me an all-digital package of my photos for $200 I would buy it every cruise. So they're missing out on $200 sale so they can try and collect $20-30 at a ridiculously high margin; doesn't sound like good business to me.

Well, not all the ships have digital photos available, yet.  But, on the ships that do have it, then, I agree, they should offer this.

What I don't get is why it seems Radiance will not be getting the digital photo upgrade.

• Like 1

No more canvas for me and only 1 choice

Capture special memories on your cruise with 5 ProPortaits package!  Our Professional photographers will capture the fun throughout your cruise, and provide personalized photo opportunities and backdrops to create picture perfect memories that will last a lifetime.

Take as many photos as you like, then choose up to 5 of your favorite photos for professional printing on-board. You will also receive a free Carnival signature print from published National Geographic photographer Radu Ursu.

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Well, not all the ships have digital photos available, yet.  But, on the ships that do have it, then, I agree, they should offer this.

It's 2020, the investment to be able to put photos on thumb drives has to be a minimum; all the photographers are shooting digitally anyway. And almost everyone keeps and shares photos digitally now. 

All the cruiselines are still selling photos the same way they did in the 80s. There is no excuse that this process has not been drastically improved across the board.

Edited by creef1014
misspelling
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, creef1014 said:

It's 2020, the investment to be able to put photos on thumb drives has to be a minimum; all the photographers are shooting digitally anyway. And almost everyone keeps and shares photos digitally now. 

All the cruiselines are still selling photos the same way they did in the 80s. There is no excuse that this process has not been drastically improved across the board.

I agree with you... except I wouldn't say "all" the cruiselines are behind the times.

Disney Cruise sells all digital packages for a fixed price, and it works very well. You give the photographer your cabin # or key card, and the photo is sent directly to your account to view.  

They could even give a $5 discount if you choose to forgo the thumb drive, and instead get a web based password to download your photos when you get home.

On 3/2/2020 at 12:17 PM, creef1014 said:

Totally agree- I can’t imagine that converting to digital is too great an expense for Carnival- fleet wide. Especially when undergoing a 200 million dollar renovation (as with Radiance). I will be sailing Radiance in June and am disappointed they won’t offer be a digital thumb drive as I was provided on the Horizon last June. Funny story- I lost my hard copy photos. We actually tossed them in the trash as we were exiting our cabin and didn’t realize it until we were home. We never reported it because we had that thumb drive, but our steward located them and kindly had them sent to us! We were very impressed! As the previous person had said, we would spend MUCH MORE money on the photos if all of the images taken of our family were provided to us on a thumb drive. 

Edited by lensonlife

• 4 weeks later...

Since our cruise that was supposed to start Sunday is cancelled. I got my money back on the Pixels package. We have rescheduled for June, and the only package option available is the 5 ProPortraits. I am hoping they will have another promotion before we go so I can get the package at a discount.

My question is, can you purchase the package on board? I would prefer to use some of my OBC for it rather than put out more cash. Of course if the 5 pictures is the only option, will probably just pay as we go.