⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura is keen on looking into a 55+ community. Kind of what I've been doing today.

At one point I was trying to figure out if we could do that and keep this place. That doesn't look possible.😥

She was asking about this well before the cold shoulder we received on our return.

My biggest problem is we just did a massive decorative remodel just over a year ago. 

It's beautiful, but probably didn't add much in the way of a ROI

In Florida???

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I so wanted to go there, it was just a block or two south

We're very "into" markets, like to eat local produce on the spot, and this one is truly outstanding.

Sagrada Familia is amazing, worth a visit, even if it's not "yet" finished.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Did you get home safe? How was your disembarkation.

Yes, we are home. Disembarkation was very easy. We were in a suite so the concierge led us off at 8:00. RCI has offered free transportation to the airport and we had signed up for that. Some cruisers said the DL concierge told them we would all have our temps taken (they did this when we were embarking) and we would be “sprayed”. I’m happy to say that didn’t happen! I would have been fine having my temp taken, but I wasn’t too happy about being sprayed with some unnamed substance. 
We were through customs, had our luggage and on the bus to the airport in about 20 mins. 
our flight home was later in the day and then a 2&1/2 hr drive home so we’re pretty tired last night. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

She was asking about this well before the cold shoulder we received on our return.

And the reason for the cold shoulder? Yes, I know I'm prying... but not because I'm nosy. Its the physician, and friend, in me coming out.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And the reason for the cold shoulder? Yes, I know I'm prying... but not because I'm nosy. Its the physician, and friend, in me coming out.

No worries.

People talking behind our back because I went to the drugstore and Publix. Lots of gossip.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure it's to early.  Might try Palacete right up the street.

20200313_194605.thumb.jpg.afe94c61b10746025b3222d24730437d.jpg

We stayed here and liked it. Fun decor. They also had the snack bar and beer and wine available. I think we had to carry our luggage up the stairs cause the elevator was super small. Has balconies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

We are also community shopping in Central Florida. We liked Top of the World near Ocala but Dan wants to be an Uber ride away from a cruise port (not Tampa). We’re still looking.

That's on our short list

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Villages?  STD Capital 

Probably not, but that story is overblown

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

We are also community shopping in Central Florida. We liked Top of the World near Ocala but Dan wants to be an Uber ride away from a cruise port (not Tampa). We’re still looking.

There are a couple of 55+ in Viera

• Like 2

In Suite Dinner - Day 3

Originally we planned on enjoying filet night from CK on our balcony just prior to the Aqua Show

Allure does fillet on day 3, and it is generally very good.

20200318_195829.thumb.jpg.9c55b41c34497755358a4d87f711d7b0.jpg

During dinner at CP150 on Monday, Laura came to the realization that 9pm was to late to see Mama Mia since it lasts more than 2 1/2 hours. Yes people, it's longer than the original version of CATS.😸

Luckily there is a 5pm show on Wednesday. Called Jay when we finished dinner and let him know we were not making it at 9pm, wanted to see it the next day at 5pm and I would let him know tomorrow what we wanted delivered. FWIW, we were always letting Jay know of our plan changes for dinner and shows. There were a lot.😉

The next day we decided to order Chops instead, and invite Angela from our trivia team to join us. Laura felt it would be nice to include her since she was eating alone. Adding an extra body to you cabin for dinner seems common, but we let Jay know and he said no worries.  I was a little concerned about logistics since we had Comedy Club at 9pm, so I asked Jay to make the delivery for 7:45. Now that would make our Mama Mia departure a little tight, but I could do it.

And here is what I asked for from Chops.  This is from memory, so I may have forgotten something. The amount is obscene, I'm an idiot. Part of this is because I didn't get a chance to ask Angela what she likes. in hindsight, Jay might have said something. 🤣

1 crispy goat cheese salad

2 colossal shrimp cocktails (this was a mistake for sure)

1 grilled black pepper bacon

1 Imperial seafood tower (12 shrimp, 12 mussels, 12 clams, 10 crab claws, 2 lobsters)😱

1 small filet medium rare

1 large filet medium

1 NY strip medium

1 rack of lamb

1 grilled branzino

1 spicy jumbo shrimp

2 mac n cheese

2 mashed potatoes

2 brocolli

1 chocolate cake (slice)

1 key lime pie (slice)

1 NY Cheesecake (slice)

I'm truly embarrassed for the gluttony, but it needs to be recognized

20200303_221635.thumb.jpg.3a84d20f5727f27dbe941b9701965e8e.jpg

20200303_221705.thumb.jpg.38e6c75125dc849c04d9787d2bf35853.jpg

20200303_221648.thumb.jpg.647fcacb8704ae2b1f0cb7a916c55f27.jpg

Next up, when it all went wrong

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Next up, when it all went wrong

Wow you definitely did a great tease. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I feel bad for you thinking about moving. Neighbors are everything. We've been lucky, but some great friends of ours ended up selling their wonderful house that they loved along with the neighborhood because they had a horrible neighbor that was obnoxious and just plain horrible. You guys deserve to live in peace! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

HIJACK ALERT

I understand fully how others gave you the cold shoulder.

I am married to a Respiratory Therapist who is in the front line of caring for patients with this corona virus.

As others have complied to stay  home, we have  also opted to when he is not at work.I stopped walking the mall, and became a street walker and let me tell you, there maybe 5-6 neighbors walking when I start, but boy the street gets mighty empty as I do my laps.

Social distance.  Damn, I' a good 50 feet away from them.

But to think and God forbid, they may need my husband if they get sick.

Walk tall and proud, it is just people being people.

The virus as the news stories say is more prevalent than that of the positive results of those who have been tested. That is

the ones who are positive, do not know it and go everywhere.

Stay healthy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 6:07 PM, MainerRN92 said:

As a Cath Lab RN here I'm the States, it warms my heart to hear you talk so knowledgeably about your medical care! Most patients in the US have no idea what their medical history is because they don't pay attention/don't care. Glad everything went well for you and that you're on the mend!

Like you, I am a cardiac nurse and have worked with heart surgeons and cardiologist over 2/3 of my 44 year career. It always amazed me how so many of our patients had no clue what  pills were in "their bag of medicine"  and what any of them were for.  Many had duplicate prescriptions because they were using different pharmacies and seeing multiple doctors.

• Like 4