⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't used to care much about having a balcony in the past. Even though I wouldn't say that I presently use it a lot, I find myself more and more looking forward to some quiet time out there, sometimes with a drink or a snack, away from the activities of the rest of the ship. I really enjoy some time before bed sitting out there listening to the ocean.

When we sail from Southampton we have a kettle in our cabin and I make us both a hot chocolate drink and we sit on our balcony to drink them before going to bed.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't used to care much about having a balcony in the past. Even though I wouldn't say that I presently use it a lot, I find myself more and more looking forward to some quiet time out there, sometimes with a drink or a snack, away from the activities of the rest of the ship. I really enjoy some time before bed sitting out there listening to the ocean. So a balcony is becoming more important to me over time.

Before dinner on favorite corner aft JS cabin Vision PR in January. 

20200118_162240.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Indeed, lately we seem to spend our before dinner time cocktails out there more and more....versus going to the lounges.  😉 

We could actually get drinks delivered. That was nice

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We could actually get drinks delivered. That was nice

How did that work? Did you contact your genie or room service? I read about an afternoon drink cart. Did that come around to your aqua suite or is that just a deck 17 thing?

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We're on Day 7👍

Bella's dog sitter went shopping for us yesterday

Beach is almost empty 

Belle looks different.  she looks so very very clean white  with no dark around the mouth and tint of pink I see. so cute.

Glad the sitter went for food.  Keep your fingers crossed I get to go on Symphony is 5 weeks.   Already lost Vision of the seas  trip as no airlines going to Barcelona in May.  oh well got 50% return and 50% FCC.

If you know someone with a small plane, could they fly over Caribbean and take photos of the floating ships clustered in two areas.  Thanks if ya can.

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Glad you were getting provisions. I thought the beaches were closed.  Are some people allowed to be on the beach?

stay well. 
M

So far it is based on local authorities and the governor has not ordered a statewide ban.  For example the Mayor of Jacksonville yesterday ordered the closure of Jacksonville beaches.  While St Johns County hasn't, I live in St Johns County in a spot that is actually considered a suburb of Jacksonville.  Also some beaches are part of the state park system, while others are part of the National Park service.  Lots of different jurisdiction involved.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KittyKatKrazy said:

How did that work? Did you contact your genie or room service? I read about an afternoon drink cart. Did that come around to your aqua suite or is that just a deck 17 thing?

The drink cart became a call to the Genie. Jay called it White Glove Service

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Belle looks different.  she looks so very very clean white  with no dark around the mouth and tint of pink I see. so cute.

Bell started turning brown around mouth and feet about 2 years ago. Staining from her saliva. 

Not much we can do about it.

Today on the balcony 

20200321_100806.thumb.jpg.bc12ec3ec42c2afa24777bfde0e4d0bd.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Bell started turning brown around mouth and feet about 2 years ago. Staining from her saliva. 

Not much we can do about it.

Today on the balcony 

20200321_100806.thumb.jpg.bc12ec3ec42c2afa24777bfde0e4d0bd.jpg

There is a product at pet stores that will clean up the dark spots. Don't know what it's called. Our dogs are Wheaton colored. My friend has a Westie and she swears by it.

• Thanks 1

Cordoba - March 11

Let me tell you about our one port stop, Malaga. 

We did the ship's tour to Cordoba. 9 hours, $85 pre-cruise.

We were all supposed to go, but Laura wasn't comfortable, and to tell you the truth, I didn't think she really wanted to go anyway.

Her loss, it was fabulous. 

It was a 2+ hour drive each way, 2 hour tour of the Mosque/Cathedral and the old town, and 2 hours on our own. More or less.

We were to travel in two 60 passenger motor coaches, and we got the second one.

In retrospect that was very lucky. Our bus was less than half full and the first bus was packed. 

Odd thing is, our bus still loaded front to back totally full and Pat and I had the back half to ourselves. 

People are funny.

Our guide engaged us for almost the entire drive with all sorts of information on Andalusia.

She kept silent on the way back, I liked that. 

Here are some pictures on the road to Cordoba

Looks excited, doesn't he.

20200311_084038.thumb.jpg.47faa19017bd66f554c1f5418aedf758.jpg

20200311_085015.thumb.jpg.0dbcb41a63b4aa1279e2d36556ce0dcd.jpg

Malaga Market, don't blink or you'll miss it

20200311_101543.thumb.jpg.d8b97a981f862a2bd3ae470bdcafc11e.jpg

Indian Head Mountain

20200311_101650.thumb.jpg.338f82412308328cd710860af29ac060.jpg

Pat tends to sleep a lot

IMG_6183.thumb.JPG.a43776456aabb2f8142b7b95966eb8e0.JPG

One really big chair

IMG_6188.thumb.JPG.64f637a0e6c80083fa4c19c2cddc2892.JPG

Cordoba

IMG_6198.thumb.JPG.1139908ecd30eb91e3e2376b56423114.JPG

It's not impressive from the outside

We'll go inside in the morning, plus I'll share our encounters with gypsies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

What ever did you think of the Stoli Elit?

It wasn't all that common, got it at Dazzles. It was ok, I think we were drinking Moscow Mules with it.

I do want to apologize for telling you that people staring at you is no big deal. 

It's creepy.

Edited by John&LaLa

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

WE have had that time for some time now.

Interesting...I haven’t been around alcoholic drinks to go since Mardi Gras with no open container laws! The news made it seem novel. The news can make everything seem like a bigger deal than it is though, I guess. I do like the idea of a cocktail with my delivery/ take out though. Will be new to me.