⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

I have friends who are outraged at the mayor’s closing Jacksonville’s beaches. And that amazes me. They were among the hordes who covered the sand earlier this week. And they’re over 65!

You guys keep this thread going, please. Gives me an incentive to wake up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have friends who are outraged at the mayor’s closing Jacksonville’s beaches. And that amazes me. They were among the hordes who covered the sand earlier this week. And they’re over 65!

You guys keep this thread going, please. Gives me an incentive to wake up. 

Hoping not to hi-jack John's thread here but I think we need to step back for a minute.  You need to understand that Americans are very used to a free society where no one tells them what to do for the most part.  Naturally, these are drastic times and our political leadership is being extremely cautious with their strategy to manage the crisis.  I agree "it is better to be safe than sorry" is certainly the smart play when lives are on the line.  That being said, I certainly understand that there is another viewpoint in which folks believe something different.

I am an avid hiker and watch closely as this time of year lots of hikers begin to attempt a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail.  The government has asked people to abort their hikes this year and get off the trail if already started.  Hikers are out in fresh air usually isolated already so this is a not too popular mandate.  Many are complying and some are not.  I see both sides.

Please keep some perspective before offering judgement.

Don

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Got an email from Princess this afternoon. Says they aren't sailing until May

We probably got the same email stating they are hoping to start cruising again on 11th May.

I’m not convinced they’ll achieve that date but hopefully should things get sorted they will.

Assume it could well be will with a scaled down docking schedule.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We are due to cruise next on 16th May with RCI , a package which when we booked included free flights in Europe , not going to happen .

Here is the sign which convinces me of that , today , Sunday , I received by e.mail another copy of our ATOL certificate which is issued by tour operators / agents here in the UK and is our guarantee that if a  cruise package  is curtailed   or  the company go bust we get all our money back .  I would like to think positive but the figures are stacked against us , we don’t even think our September cruise will go ahead . 2020 is a wipeout , literally , for many things . Be safe and keep your distances . 

Edited by heatherb1958

38 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We probably got the same email stating they are hoping to start cruising again on 11th May.

I’m not convinced they’ll achieve that date but hopefully should things get sorted they will.

Assume it could well be will with a scaled down docking schedule.

We are scheduled to sail Liberty on April 26th.

You can't get a much more scaled down dock schedule for those Gulf voyages😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

we don’t even think our September cruise will go ahead . 2020 is a wipeout , literally , for many things . Be safe and keep your distances . 

Reconciled that our first Celebrity cruise in June won't happen. But so hoping our Allure in Sept will go ahead, but maybe not 😔 

Edited by sgmn

19 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

We are due to cruise next on 16th May with RCI , a package which when we booked included free flights in Europe , not going to happen .

Here is the sign which convinces me of that , today , Sunday , I received by e.mail another copy of our ATOL certificate which is issued by tour operators / agents here in the UK and is our guarantee that if a  cruise package  is curtailed   or  the company go bust we get all our money back .  I would like to think positive but the figures are stacked against us , we don’t even think our September cruise will go ahead . 2020 is a wipeout , literally , for many things . Be safe and keep your distances . 

Similar to us

RCCL cruises

Anthem in May

Allure in August 

No chance of Anthem 

Extremely doubtful of Allure.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I got one earlier today fro MSC.  They said they are planning to start cruises again on April 30.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

28 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I got one earlier today fro MSC.  They said they are planning to start cruises again on April 30.

Would be nice to get one from Royal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

36 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Those are the dates that they initially announced.  Princess was 60 days and MSC was 45. Nothing has changed.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Those are the dates that they initially announced.  Princess was 60 days and MSC was 45. Nothing has changed.

At least they’re keeping in touch.  🙄  We have never booked or sailed on MSC.

• Haha 1