⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They are stunning as they have more of the traditional ocean liner  appearance.... Proportional lines, shear bow, twin stacks in line instead of side by side. They don't look like floating condos.

They remind me of the Norway with her beautiful profile. 

None of this barge stacked high with containers. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JamesEM said:

What are your condo/co-op fees and taxes?

Condo fees $530, taxes just under 4 grand with homestead exemption.  I'm guessing this place costs me $1200 a month if we keep it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How big is the garage?  We have two cars and six motorcycles. We had three cars up until the last few months. 

That's my biggest complaint. Only one space. A few folks have doubles, but not many.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's my biggest complaint. Only one space. A few folks have doubles, but not many.

You are lucky to have any garage.  Many condos don't have them.  I went from 2.5 stall to a one car moving from Merritt Island to the swamp (Bucky's treasured rag top Jeep and our kayaks take that space).  But we have one heck of a big RV port attached to the house.  😉 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

You are lucky to have any garage.  Many condos don't have them.  I went from 2.5 stall to a one car moving from Merritt Island to the swamp (Bucky's treasured rag top Jeep and our kayaks take that space).  But we have one heck of a big RV port attached to the house.  😉 

Yep lots of carports and large common structures are the norm. We have to share with a neighbor. Laura's ragtop gets it. I scrounge for a parking space

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep lots of carports and large common structures are the norm. We have to share with a neighbor. Laura's ragtop gets it. I scrounge for a parking space

LOL...yeah my little Ford gets a sun burn in our driveway every day.  She is the odd one out.  😞  The official "grocery getter"....when I can find groceries anyway.  😮  Even the golf cart gets prime shade spot under the RV port with the "land yacht".  

Edited by island lady

So my husband travels to Orlando where company he works for is headquartered, usually likes to fly in day early to explore.  They told him he can transfer there anytime so we are the in beginning stages of possibly, maybe, kind of considering it but would have to be Cocoa Beach or somewhere close, guess it’s about an hour away.  No way would we live in Orlando, any suggestions besides Cocoa Beach for us to check out?  We are planning a trip early next year to do look around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ukigirl said:

So my husband travels to Orlando where company he works for is headquartered, usually likes to fly in day early to explore.  They told him he can transfer there anytime so we are the in beginning stages of possibly, maybe, kind of considering it but would have to be Cocoa Beach or somewhere close, guess it’s about an hour away.  No way would we live in Orlando, any suggestions besides Cocoa Beach for us to check out?  We are planning a trip early next year to do look around.

I used to live in Winter Springs. It was nice and far enough away from Orlando.

Lots of stuff in Viera

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ukigirl said:

Just make sure you leave all that Ichigan gear behind 🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Condo fees $530, taxes just under 4 grand with homestead exemption.  I'm guessing this place costs me $1200 a month if we keep it.

$300 per week for that priceless balcony sea view.

Worth every penny imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Winter Park

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

I made the commute from Titusville to Orlando for 25 years. Wife worked at the Space Center, so we were like in the middle. I hated every minute of the travel to Orlando and I4. It was a good job but sometimes I would just grab a hotel for a night or two. Cocoa Beach you can take the Beach Line (528) but if his office is North of the Airport (MCO) then it’s a mess. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Etta1213 said:

If I want to be close enough to walk to the beach, and couldn't afford such high taxes as John and lala pay,  is Delray Beach a decent possibility?

South Florida is a torally different world.

Maybe look at New Smyrna

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1