⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

5 minutes ago, Andy C said:

@John&LaLa what are your thoughts on amplification?  I have the RLS booked for January '21 and a big part of the reason I booked Allure was because of the amplification and refreshment of an older gal.  

I don't think they'll do it, unless it stays in the Med this winter. And if that's the case, your January trip is toast.

My thought process is they have a ton of capacity already in Florida, so just leave Allure in Europe and hope for a lucrative summer in 2021.

With kids going you definitely need an amped Allure

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I didn’t think Harmony was going to the Med in the Winter. Typically in March. So if Allure got Amped in the Winter, it could make it back for the Spring. 

I think she's headed over in April. 

That was when Allure was going to PC

Then Allure would leave and go to Galveston 

And Harmony back to PC

Now Allure probably not going to Galveston due to no new terminal

Edited by John&LaLa

10 minutes ago, Andy C said:

What would the odds of getting a refund be?  Or at least transferring my deposit to another sailing?

Cruise with confidence policy only extends until Sept 1.  Moving or cancelling will incur a $100pp change fee.

No guarantees that Royal will extend the CWC to January.

You may have a good chance of getting the fee waived due to no amplification and the fact that you are Star class.

• Thanks 1

As of now nothing has changed beyond June. If Allure gets into dry dock this summer and then picks up the existing schedule then that would be the most likely outcome. Everything else is pure speculation at this point.

1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Allure is already booked for the Caribbean this winter. Where is the pent up demand in the Med if nothing was on the books for Allure over there? I'm not following your logic.

Allure is the only ship that has made it over to Europe on a transatlantic , all others cancelled and the ships still over the other side of the pond .

Bookings over here with no ships  , Allure is here, could transfer those bookings if guests were offered it . Pent up demand . 
There are more than enough ships over in America to transfer the winter Allure Caribbean bookings . The schedules are screwed anyway and can be changed .
Just my observations.

Edited by heatherb1958

Allure is already booked for the Caribbean this winter. Where is the pent up demand in the Med if nothing was on the books for Allure over there? I'm not following your logic.

I thought I was clear.

My thought process is they have a ton of capacity already in Florida, so just leave Allure in Europe and hope for a lucrative summer in 2021.

As of now nothing has changed beyond June. If Allure gets into dry dock this summer and then picks up the existing schedule then that would be the most likely outcome. Everything else is pure speculation at this point.

In my amateur opinion, the Med this summer is done. Stick a fork in it. Royal is just slowly removing the bandage.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I wonder what it costs to replace all the greenery in the CP.......

• Haha 1