Wind Spirit in Asia....something is up

Barrycat

Strange happenings on the current Spirit sailing in Asia.

On the wizard site, the listings after the 3/7 Cairns sailing have disappeared and nothing shows up until 6/1 back in Cairns. Listings were there earlier but not now.

The same sailings missing from the wizard are still shown on the main Windstar site but all state “call for availability”.

My guess is that the company is taking a look at the Benoa to Singapore itineraries and will be making some changes. A Crystal around the world cruise is now in that area in the midst of terrible storms and a number of planned dockings denied by local authorities.

The virus is obviously taking its toll on any cruises in that part of the world. What a shame.

Seeing some chatter in a social media group about cancellations and that the Spirit is not going to Singapore by way of Benoa; sounds like folks have received cancellation notices in the past 24-hours. Someone else indicated their Cairns to Benoa cruise had been cancelled.

Not to hijack your post here but you got me thinking...I noticed the first two sailings of the Breeze went into "Call for Availability" just recently as well and not showing on the wizard. Not to jump the gun but the last time I checked that sailing, there was a ton of availability. I wonder if there are anticipated delays with the Breeze again. we are on the 6/9 sailing so I've been keeping an eye out. 

We are on both the 6/1 and 6/9 sailing (after having the April cruises cancelled). When I noticed the “call for availability” line for the 6/1 cruise I called Windstar. Apparently, the first two sailings of the Breeze are “redeployed” and formal communication should come out soon.

We are on both the 6/1 and 6/9 sailing (after having the April cruises cancelled). When I noticed the “call for availability” line for the 6/1 cruise I called Windstar. Apparently, the first two sailings of the Breeze are “redeployed” and formal communication should come out soon.

Oh boy...thanks for that info! Unless the “redeployment” ends in Puerto Vallarta I would assume the 6/9 sailing (and others thereafter?) could be impacted too. We haven’t bought plane tickets yet from San Diego to PV; I think I’ll wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the wizard site, the listings after the 3/7 Cairns sailing have disappeared and nothing shows up until 6/1 back in Cairns. Listings were there earlier but not now.
The same sailings missing from the wizard are still shown on the main Windstar site but all state “call for availability”.
My guess is that the company is taking a look at the Benoa to Singapore itineraries and will be making some changes. A Crystal around the world cruise is now in that area in the midst of terrible storms and a number of planned dockings denied by local authorities.
The virus is obviously taking its toll on any cruises in that part of the world. What a shame.
[/

The redeployment of the Wind Spirit: Cairns to Benoa... (Mar 7-23) not leaving Australia ports/anchorages. I’m not sure what they are doing after Darwin, March 23. What a shame is correct, but very pleased that W/S Cruises is taking the right action.

7 hours ago, Barrycat said:

Barrycat, happy to report that Crystal Serenity made it through the high seas and currently in NZ Milford Sound. They are allowing new passengers on in Sydney but the rest is up in the air. Passengers have been given options of whether or not they want to continue on but with more ports closing daily,  who knows. From my friend onboard for the World Cruise things are fluid! All of the cruise lines are scrambling as governments make decisions. Just a weird time. We have two cruises booked with Windstar and have no intention of cancelling unless the sailings themselves are cancelled. We have tried to cut through the hysteria and, as relatively healthy people, are not going to stop our lives because of yet another virus. Obviously if our ports close it's a different story. Hopefully something else will divert media attention shortly and we will be on to the next frenzy.

14 hours ago, r&rd said:

Yikes, we're booked on those also, to replace part of our April cruises that were cancelled.  And I just made our plane reservations 2 days ago because the plane flight was almost full.

Not a good year for Windstar!!  I’m glad that after our Alaska in June was cancelled we bailed until a trip in April 2021. Maybe the breeze will be finished by then!  This is possibly all tied to Delaney’s sudden departure. What a perfect storm. 

Not a good year for Windstar!!  I’m glad that after our Alaska in June was cancelled we bailed until a trip in April 2021. Maybe the breeze will be finished by then!  This is possibly all tied to Delaney’s sudden departure. What a perfect storm. 

Wait..what? Guess I am behind the times in news as I didn’t hear about Delaney leaving. Wow...a turbulent year indeed!

If our Breeze sailing is cancelled again we’re just going to wait until she’s actually in the water and underway.

22 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

Wait..what? Guess I am behind the times in news as I didn’t hear about Delaney leaving. Wow...a turbulent year indeed!

If our Breeze sailing is cancelled again we’re just going to wait until she’s actually in the water and underway.

Yes. There’s a thread About his departure just above or below this one. 

• Like 1

I called Windstar today and inquired (as a new cruiser) about the 6/1 sailing and 6/9 sailing of the Breeze. The rep said “there is no availability for 6/1” I asked if the ship was sold out and she said no, it’s just not happening; the ship is delayed. Pretty much what rd&d reported but I wanted to see if they had an update. She said they are still on schedule for the 6/9 cruise and that it would, as far as she knows, depart from Puerto Vallarta. Not sure how that happens if the ship is delayed; maybe they plan to sail it empty all the way up to PV. I don’t have much of an appetite to be the first sailing post refurbishment. I’ve done it with another line and there are still kinks to be worked out. We may just cancel and make other plans.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 12:09 PM, WS208 said:

The redeployment of the Wind Spirit: Cairns to Benoa... (Mar 7-23) not leaving Australia ports/anchorages. I’m not sure what they are doing after Darwin, March 23. What a shame is correct, but very pleased that W/S Cruises is taking the right action.

Going into dry dock in NZ after Darwin 

We have just been notified that our cruise is going back to Cairns where it will conclude.

100% refund!!! Outstanding ship! Outstanding crew!!! Outstanding management!!! Not sure you would find another company as generous!! Captain David and his complement are a credit to Windstar --- I can't praise Windstar enough ❣️❣️